Kroll Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kroll Interview Questions

Interviews at Kroll

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroll.

Interview

After completing language tests I had a phone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition Team, and then two back-to-back interviews with members of the Compliance Risk and Diligence team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent challenge you faced recently and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to administer a test on translating and analyzing Chinese news. The test must be sent back within an hour or so of the recruiter sending it to you. I received an article on rare earth materials and a railway.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kroll.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. It included one in person interview with two managing directors, a writing assessment, and an oral exam/briefing. The in-person interview and writing assessment was in the hiring office, and the oral exam/briefing was at their headquarters in NY.

Intern - Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroll (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Before the interview, you have a research and language assessments which I had 90 minutes to complete (4 media articles in two different foreign languages to analyze in English, and a case test where you have to conduct adverse media research in a limited time). If you pass those two exercises which are really tough, you get accepted for an interview. I had two interviews, which were fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions such as tell me about yourself, time management, adaptability and flexibility in your writing, language skills questions and how you maintain them, where do you see yourself in 5-10 years etc. Had one technical question on what type of risks would I see in corporate vs financial clients.   Answer Question

Analyst, Compliance Risk and Diligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroll (Reston, VA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

There's a writing assessment before the interview, and you have 90 mins to finish it. The writing assessment is composed of two parts, one is a language test where you need to translate two media articles and the other is the research skill test which basically is adverse research. It was really intense. One week after my submission, I got the phone interview from HR. The phone interview was really typical behavioral one, which lasted for 30mins. After 3-4 days, I got the onsite interview and I'm still preparing for it. Wish me luck.

Interview Questions

• Why you apply for this position and how does it relate to your career goal?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroll in June 2019.

Interview

After being contacted by HR, the next step was a 90 minute assessment composed of a language section and an English section. For the foreign language section, I had to read two articles in a foreign language then write a summary of it. The second portion was to research a person and find out things. It was a bit stressful but only because I was sent the assessment late and had a different appointment not too soon after that.

Not too long after completing the assessment, I had a phone interview with HR. After that, I had an in-person interview at Kroll in Reston that lasted an hour. It was split into two half hour sections with two people interviewing me during each half hour. This wasn't too bad of a process, despite the length. It was easy to talk about my resume and questions mostly revolved around my research during grad school and some behavioral questions. Around four days after the in-person interview, I received an email saying they were not going to continue to recruitment process. I was pretty surprised, but I don't mind because Reston is very far away. Overall, I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Which do you prefer? Working in a team or working by yourself?
      Q: Talk about a time you had a conflict when working in a group setting either at school or at work? How did you handle it?
      Q: Talk about the project you completed in grad school. How did you go about acquiring the client?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroll.

Interview

Months after applying, someone finally reached out to have me complete a 90 minute online assessment consisting of summarizing a foreign language article and doing research on some foreign entity. The assignment was sent to me a day early by mistake, so they had to resend another one at the correct time. The assessment was tedious as you have limited time and are not allowed to use dictionaries, which is bizarre and not at all a reflection of real life.

As far as interviews, there was a one lengthy phone interview with the recruiter. Then there was a group skype interview with four managers, two at a time. The skype interview was weird, the managers didn't seem at all prepared and they had me ask THEM a bunch of questions, to the point that I was starting to wonder when the actual interview would begin. After a week of silence, I inquired for results and got my rejection shortly thereafter via a boilerplate email.

Kroll seems like a mess and the people I spoke to had at best average credentials and education. It seems many of them get in as interns or analysts and then stay on. It doesn't seem like a place where a high-caliber, experienced professional would find rewarding work at a commensurate level.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with court records? Which databases have you used? Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and things like that.   Answer Question

, BII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kroll (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone interview through zoom. Interviewers were pleasant but I think not being there in person was a handicap that ultimately led to a rejection. The work seemed interesting enough for someone who enjoys research.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroll.

Interview

I submitted an application online and I was invited to an in person interview. The interview consisted of several rounds, one with a unit director; one with a manager; and another with other analysts.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being asked to work on an investigation you felt was morally questionable?   Answer Question

Compliance Risk and Diligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kroll (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

First invited to do a written assessment and then invited to an on site interview. The written assessment was a research task in which you are essentially doing some diligence work. There were also optional language tests in which you read media articles in whatever language you choose to test in and write a summary. The interview was a pretty basic behavioral interview. They ask a lot about how you conduct research and your background. Do your research on the company and expect general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you begin your research? What databases do you use?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.