LEGO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

LEGO Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jul 2018

2.5

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LEGO (Enfield, CT (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Short phone call which was followed by an interview with 3 project managers. Extremely nice and friendly staff, was a very simple and straightforward interview. Three managers explaining the position and asking me questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEGO in May 2016.

Interview

This was the most disrespectful recruiter I have dealt with. She scheduled a phone interview with me but then just never called (I had to scheduled a babysitter for my 12 month old). I reached out via email trying to figure out what was happening but received no answers. She finally called the following week and spoke with me for 20mn. I reached out to her 10 days later asking her if she had any updates for me but again she did not even bother getting back to me.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LEGO in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by Lego after submitting resume online. I had a phone interview that lasted 1 hour and was very pleasant. A background check was done and job was offered with in a day. I was over qualified for the position but looking for part time and flexible hours. This job had both those.

Interview Questions

• This is an entry level job and there is a good deal of driving so the company does drug tests on all candidate. My first drug test ever. I passed no problem but it was still stressful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation happened.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LEGO (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had an informal interview with the store manager. I played 'phone-tag' with him over the process of a couple of days, as he was apparently very busy in the store. When I spoke with him, he asked me about my experience: where I had worked, how many years experience I had, number of employees I had supervised. He spoke a bit about the store and how it ran. He said the next step was an interview with the district manager, and that he would follow up with me to set up the interview. I called back after a few days, and he thanked me for following up, but said they had decided to promote someone from within the company instead of hiring outside for the position.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LEGO (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied via a former colleague and it took 2 months for HR to reach out to me. After first phone interview, I was brought in for an in-person meeting with the hiring manager, which went well. After that, I was scheduled to interview with an additional three people, which felt excessive. Required me to take a lot of time off work. Was told by HR that I was one of the final candidates, last step was to take a computer test to evaluate working styles. Very strange test - in recap call, felt like I had to defend myself against a computer, even though their own employees had liked me enough to pass me on to next round five times by this point. HR requested that I send an online link to my references to fill out, which I did. After all this, I never heard back from them. Found it very disrespectful to have clearly reached the final rounds of the hiring process, and then get radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to be creative on the job   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LEGO (Columbus, OH (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Was quick and easy to apply online. Then I received a phone call to set up the interview and before I knew it I was in person interviewing at the store.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LEGO (Enfield, CT (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was good since you have to go through several phases in order to pass the filter, they are respectful and they ask all kinds of questions, from the technical to the personal and professional standpoint, good process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was actually a negotiation!

Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LEGO (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

Filled out application and they called very fast to schedule interview. Went to interview for store supervisor. Was very professional and efficient. They do first round interviews, then second round. The questions are basic interview questions that anyone can answer with previous work experience. You don't have to bring a resume or anything. When you arrive they ask you to fill out paperwork, such as job history and previous salary. I went to a mall store so we interviewed outside at a table.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are mostly based on Lego's cores - innovation, leadership, and customer service. They ask behavioral questions and also ask some philosophical questions. Such as what's your philosophy on leadership? Why is innovation important? Give me a time you had conflict with someone at work and what was the outcome. Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer experience.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LEGO (Enfield, CT (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with a manager, and then I was invited to go to the LEGO campus to interview. I interviewed with two managers on campus, and then I met the entire team I would be working with and talked about the job and my personality.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Some behavioral questions and some technical questions about the job. Nothing too difficult. I was asked to build something out of LEGO that describes me. That was the most difficult part really.   Answer Question

IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LEGO (Enfield, CT (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

lots of lengthy interviews, but you get to build with the brick! There was an initial phone screening and 4 face to face interviews. Overall, this is typical for any competitive company, such as LEGO. Nothing else to add, really.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.