LUSH North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 Dec 2018

2.5

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Interview

I found the process to be extremely unorganized and very inconsiderate of candidate time. They consistently reschedule on you, and once you're further along in the interview process (having wasted several hours), this LUSH recruiter won't even have the courtesy to send one of those generic "Thanks for taking the time but..." emails.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LUSH North America in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter. Had a 90 min interview on phone for position asking basic retail management questions. How i would handle coaching employees and my experience with dealing with retail management and how that would work with Lush. This first step took a week.

Next I had to do a customer experience report in store. Basically that was going in store and being a secret shopper to examine staff. That process took a week.

Then waited to do a follow up with recruiter to talk about my experience. They want you to find problems and address them as a manger for you to help store and show you are useful. This also took a week. I already had to wait three weeks just to get here.

Next I had to do a Lush Culture hour which was going to store and acting like I was part of management and show how I would coach team and if I was a good fit for staff. This process took 2 weeks to finally get interviewed.

Then I had to wait even longer to find out if I got job because they still had to interview more people. The entire process took a little over 6 weeks!

I don't want to go into huge detail but this process is just awful. It takes so long and they demand a lot. It's so so so awful! I promise it is not worth it. Worst interview experience ever. They said they interviewed over 20 people! So many people to put through this and one person gets it. I love the products but this sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😡

Interview Questions

• I had to examine store from afar and say what could be fixed. It was so far away I could barely even see anything...   1 Answer

I ended up waiting so long I declined offer and accepted another because of WAITING! They did offer $19 though.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not what I expected.... At all. Being that I come from multi-unit/field leadership and I interview people on a regular basis, I was stunned at the stark contrast between their recruiting/hiring process and their company culture. Their interviews had an interesting/"off" feel and to be quite honest the first interview I didn't even think the recruiter was listening. Lo and behold, the reason for the awkward feel was that she was typing out my responses which didn't allow for fluid conversation or any real in depth "digging deeper" responses. The interview process requires for a secret shop of one of their locations and a debrief with the recruiter and their regional manager. They then ask you how you would deliver the feedback to the manager and then afterwards you're informed that they don't deliver feedback typically from any of their secret shops. Well, if that's the case, why did we waste time role playing the scenario if it's not something your company enforces in day to day business? From my understanding, L&D is "big" within their brand yet area managers are only in store ONCE every 6 MONTHS.... AND they have a yearly 3 day meeting. When is this development happening when they see their managers and teams 5 days out of the year? How are they empowering their people and promoting internally? Where is the follow up and the performance tracking happening outside the realm of KPI's and numbers, but leadership behaviors and observed coaching conversations? The vision and culture in their field leadership didn't align with what I look for in a brand.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

Awful. The recruiter was rude and dismissive and wasn't even listening half of the time. She asked a total of five questions and was only concerned with one topic-manager development and feedback. The worst interview I've been a part of. It was clear that the interviewer only wanted one note of answers which clearly defines that lush does not look for a diverse pool of candidates. Best part is that the recruiter never even called or emailed me back after ending the conversation. Terrible company.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Started as seasonal associate, then was offered a permanent job, then offered a key holder position shortly after. The interview was a group interview and involved "touchy feely" questions and icebreakers one might find in an elementary school. Was told I would make a certain amount, then was actually offered quite a bit lower than that.

Interview Questions

• If you were a LUSH product, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

After submitting my application online it took 3 months before I heard anything back from the company. Be prepared to call and stop into the store multiple times before they even set you up for an interview. Each interview is different depending on who is conducting it. Sometimes it's more formal with questions, other times its a few questions and then they let you follow someone on the floor.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions that you wouldn't expect from an interview. However, do your homework on the company, they will ask you about what it stands for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you don't ask they won't tell you what you're going to make. There's a little room for negotiation, but don't expect much after the initial offer.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed November 2012. Learned of interview through a mutual friend who was hired who saw the job listing on craigslist. Sent my email to the manager and was contacted the next day about a hiring fair. Initial interview was in a group of about ten girls with typical round robin questions. The main key here is to stand out with personality - LUSH looks for a very specific personality type that is not too reserved or too serious. The manager contacted me that night saying I was hired. Having been on the opposite side of the interview process, a typical LUSH interview usually occurs in two stages - the group interview in store with some customer/employee role playing and demoing of product, followed by a potential second interview where you work an hour on the floor with more role playing and the like.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - "what do you look for in a manager." " what is your biggest strength." "what is your selling style."   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

There are three interviews. One initial phone, then a secret shop, then an in store interview. Recruiter seemed unfocused and disoriented during second interview. Could hear the distinct sound of a phone buzzing from messages received during the interview. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What did you think about the cleanliness of the store.   1 Answer
    • Could you identify an MOD?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then a "Secret Shop" to evaluate the store based on an a series of questions to ensure the store is following the company guidelines for customer experience.. When I was first contacted for a phone interview, I had to select several dates and times the could potentially work 2 weeks in advance, after confirming day the interview was rescheduled, I was offered to move to the next step, which is the secret shop. The day that I was scheduled to have my recap call, I received an email from the recruiter that she was running 10 minutes late to the call. When she did call me my phone allegedly went straight to voicemail, I called her back 5 times only for her phone to go to voicemail every time, 10 minutes later she emailed me telling me it was too late that she was already on another call. So after calling me 10 minutes late, she also technically ended my call 10 minutes early. I emailed her several times in regards to rescheduling and I never received any communication back. Very unprofessional! It appears that the recruiter is extremely overbooked and overwhelmed as you have to schedule every phone interview at least 2 weeks in advance. I love LUSH but this interview process puts a very sour taste in my mouth for how they conduct business.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, Why do you want to work for Lush? What's your management style? How do you lead people   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America in January 2015.

Interview

Plan to wait and wait and wait and wait then have about 4 phone interviews then an in shop interview. This last part was pretty useless you ask the candidate to observe and say how you'd better run the business with little to no info on how the company handles customer service. You must also do this during a sat business.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions of sorts a lot about how they are organic and vegan. And if you had a passport.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.