LUSH North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 May 2019

2.5

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Interview

Process started with an online video interview, then a severer shop, then a phone interview with HR and a face to face interview in store with the store manager and market manager. A very smooth process from start to end, if not a little long (3-4 weeks between steps). After the final interview I was told a decision would be made within a week; 2 weeks later I was told by the end of the month; by the end of the month I was told I would have an update "soon". This has been a 3 month process and I still do not have a definitive answer.

Marketing Interview

Interview

I found the process to be extremely unorganized and very inconsiderate of candidate time. They consistently reschedule on you, and once you're further along in the interview process (having wasted several hours), this LUSH recruiter won't even have the courtesy to send one of those generic "Thanks for taking the time but..." emails.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LUSH North America in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter. Had a 90 min interview on phone for position asking basic retail management questions. How i would handle coaching employees and my experience with dealing with retail management and how that would work with Lush. This first step took a week.

Next I had to do a customer experience report in store. Basically that was going in store and being a secret shopper to examine staff. That process took a week.

Then waited to do a follow up with recruiter to talk about my experience. They want you to find problems and address them as a manger for you to help store and show you are useful. This also took a week. I already had to wait three weeks just to get here.

Next I had to do a Lush Culture hour which was going to store and acting like I was part of management and show how I would coach team and if I was a good fit for staff. This process took 2 weeks to finally get interviewed.

Then I had to wait even longer to find out if I got job because they still had to interview more people. The entire process took a little over 6 weeks!

I don't want to go into huge detail but this process is just awful. It takes so long and they demand a lot. It's so so so awful! I promise it is not worth it. Worst interview experience ever. They said they interviewed over 20 people! So many people to put through this and one person gets it. I love the products but this sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😡

Interview Questions

• I had to examine store from afar and say what could be fixed. It was so far away I could barely even see anything...   1 Answer

I ended up waiting so long I declined offer and accepted another because of WAITING! They did offer $19 though.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

interview with RMIT and RM there are no DM

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not what I expected.... At all. Being that I come from multi-unit/field leadership and I interview people on a regular basis, I was stunned at the stark contrast between their recruiting/hiring process and their company culture. Their interviews had an interesting/"off" feel and to be quite honest the first interview I didn't even think the recruiter was listening. Lo and behold, the reason for the awkward feel was that she was typing out my responses which didn't allow for fluid conversation or any real in depth "digging deeper" responses. The interview process requires for a secret shop of one of their locations and a debrief with the recruiter and their regional manager. They then ask you how you would deliver the feedback to the manager and then afterwards you're informed that they don't deliver feedback typically from any of their secret shops. Well, if that's the case, why did we waste time role playing the scenario if it's not something your company enforces in day to day business? From my understanding, L&D is "big" within their brand yet area managers are only in store ONCE every 6 MONTHS.... AND they have a yearly 3 day meeting. When is this development happening when they see their managers and teams 5 days out of the year? How are they empowering their people and promoting internally? Where is the follow up and the performance tracking happening outside the realm of KPI's and numbers, but leadership behaviors and observed coaching conversations? The vision and culture in their field leadership didn't align with what I look for in a brand.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

Awful. The recruiter was rude and dismissive and wasn't even listening half of the time. She asked a total of five questions and was only concerned with one topic-manager development and feedback. The worst interview I've been a part of. It was clear that the interviewer only wanted one note of answers which clearly defines that lush does not look for a diverse pool of candidates. Best part is that the recruiter never even called or emailed me back after ending the conversation. Terrible company.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

Received an email to take a 4 question video interview. It was very awkward talking to a computer and not a person. A few days later they emailed me saying they went with another candidate. A couple weeks later I applied for a floor lead position and the interview went great. My in store interview lasted a little over an hour and I was confident I got the job. The interview was what I expected from a retail job and we even did some hands on stuff with some products. The questions for the in store interview made a lot more sense compared to the video interview. Overall the interview process was pleasant and the manager seemed very nice. I did not receive an offer and also did not get notified that they went with another candidate for this role.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Started as seasonal associate, then was offered a permanent job, then offered a key holder position shortly after. The interview was a group interview and involved "touchy feely" questions and icebreakers one might find in an elementary school. Was told I would make a certain amount, then was actually offered quite a bit lower than that.

Interview Questions

• If you were a LUSH product, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

After submitting my application online it took 3 months before I heard anything back from the company. Be prepared to call and stop into the store multiple times before they even set you up for an interview. Each interview is different depending on who is conducting it. Sometimes it's more formal with questions, other times its a few questions and then they let you follow someone on the floor.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions that you wouldn't expect from an interview. However, do your homework on the company, they will ask you about what it stands for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you don't ask they won't tell you what you're going to make. There's a little room for negotiation, but don't expect much after the initial offer.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed November 2012. Learned of interview through a mutual friend who was hired who saw the job listing on craigslist. Sent my email to the manager and was contacted the next day about a hiring fair. Initial interview was in a group of about ten girls with typical round robin questions. The main key here is to stand out with personality - LUSH looks for a very specific personality type that is not too reserved or too serious. The manager contacted me that night saying I was hired. Having been on the opposite side of the interview process, a typical LUSH interview usually occurs in two stages - the group interview in store with some customer/employee role playing and demoing of product, followed by a potential second interview where you work an hour on the floor with more role playing and the like.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - "what do you look for in a manager." " what is your biggest strength." "what is your selling style."   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.