LUSH North America Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 4 Mar 2019

2.5

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Glendale, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Was invited to a hiring party for the Christmas season after mall hours. That night, it was a group of maybe 15 girls including myself. There were two employees and a manager present, with two demo stations set up in the store. We were asked to demo the product on one another, to see how well we interact with customers. We switched and in between, the manager would pull all the girls individually and ask us a few questions. The whole hiring party lasted about an hour and we left after signing our times available on a sheet.Told a decision would be made in three days. Never heard back from them again after that, and when I called to inquire about the positions a week, and then two weeks later, manager seemed upset and irate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LUSH North America

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LUSH North America (San Antonio, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with hands on activities. Gave you an idea of what it would be like to work for the company. Made the interviewing process feel very casual and non intimidating

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very fun! We were divided into groups and sent to different stations. We were shown and given information about a product and then we had to regurgitate that info in our own fun and original way!

Interview Questions

• What was a time you upset somebody and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely friendly, positive, and quick! The manager asked me a few questions about myself and work history, and then had me do a "hands on" product demo with one of the other employees. They are really concerned about what you know about the company, and why you want to work there. They are more concerned about your personality and how you fit into the LUSH culture, rather than your skills and experience. I ultimately did not get the job because I was only going to be available temporarily until I went back to school, and they needed someone long-term.

Interview Questions

• What is your spirit animal?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Very unique questions were asked. Very friendly, outgoing people. There will be a lot of returning employees, and former seasonal sales associates that apply in the group interview, with history with the people at the store. So, make sure you stand out as much as possible and highlight your main skills. There are role play situations and product demonstrations. You learn a list of the ingredients they use and don't use and why and their sourcing habits, locations, and what each ingredient is used for primarily (Second round of interviews). You must be confident!

Interview Questions

• They asked the group what their Astrology sign is to get everyone comfortable talking   1 Answer
    • What is your spirit animal?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite product and why   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Bloomington, MN (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick. They just want to know if you can be comfortable with people and can sell well. If you have a good energy and are quick to learn. They chat to you about your past jobs and what you can bring to the team. They also give you a quick rundown of how things are normally run in the store. They want people with a cool personality and that can mesh well with others. Especially the other people in the store at the time.

Interview Questions

• Lush does a lot of ethical campaigns that can sometimes be a bit controversial, are you okay participating and speaking about these campaigns?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LUSH North America (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in with a group of other applicants, and moved through multiple demo instructions. Throughout the group exercises, individuals were pulled aside for short one on one interviews. The entire process took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you exhibited exemplary customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LUSH North America (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

They had a hiring event where multiple people attend , they give a feel on what it's like to work at Lush , a few demonstrations , we were told they would call candidates by the end of the week for a second interview , was called for a second interview where you demo a product on them and then you sit for a few questions asked on why you'd like to work for the company and such . After the interview and all they said they would call by the end of the week wether you got the job or didn't since they don't like to keep people hanging , but they never did .

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LUSH North America.

Interview

The interview was an open hiring party, it's different for all locations but mine was a Facebook RSVP, but this seemed pretty disorganized because the Facebook event said about 15 people were coming but there was at least 30 people at the actual event. It seemed they didn't expect that many people because the party lasted almost 2 hours but we only had time to demo 1 or 2 products in that entire time frame. Was pretty difficult to stand out. However everybody was extremely kind and I'd definitely attend another hiring party should the opportunity arise.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LUSH North America (Syracuse, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very easy interview. We did demos on some of the products, ice breakers and we got a little lush gift at the end. I didn't feel like a interview too much because they are laid back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would do if a customer doesn't want to be bothered?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.