Lego Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lego Group Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2017

2.6

Brick Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lego Group in October 2017.

Interview

The process was a bit more in-depth than I expected for a low-level retail position. You'll need to submit a completed resume to their online system and apply to whatever position you're after. If they like your resume, you'll get an email with a date/time asking for confirmation. The interview itself went very smoothly and was more of a conversation than your typical 20-questions. The questions and topics focused on how you feel about LEGOs in general and your abilities with children as the store can get pretty chaotic during the holiday season.

Brick Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lego Group.

Interview

I spoke to two people in management and they asked about my retail experience and schedule. They asked my salary request and told me on the spot that I was hired and what the next steps would be.

Brick Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lego Group (Garden City, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I arrived at the store 10 minutes before my interview and waited. We then went upstairs to the food court to look for some place quiet to start my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this store?   2 Answers

Social Media Engager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lego Group (Enfield, CT (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took around 2 weeks. I did an initial phone interview with an HR recruiter, who then scheduled me for an in-person interview at the HQ in Enfield, CT. The interview was pretty lackadaisical yet pleasant; the first person I met with asked a lot of the important questions and gave details/expectations about the position, while the 2nd person (the manager who would've been my boss), was laid back.

He didn't ask specific questions, brought a snack to the interview, and munched away while I would answer his questions. He seemed distracted and unengaged, but wasn't rude, so I hoped since the previous person had been more thorough in the interview questions, his approach was to just suss out my personality. The position required someone bilingual in English and Spanish. The most interest he paid during the interview was to ask, "This isn't required, but do you speak Portuguese?" I said I didn't speak it, but since it's derived from Latin, I can pick up the gist of it. He seemed uninterested again, then asked, "Someone told me this - I don't remember who - but they said that Spanish spoken in Mexico is different than Spanish spoken in Spain. Is that accurate?" In retrospect, that was a very bad sign. He then went on to detail how urgently he needed someone who would know Spanish and be able to help grow LEGO's outreach in the Mexico/South American market, which is more of a task suited to a marketing/management role than a Social Media Engager.

A week later, I got the call that I was rejected for the role, and the feedback was "They walked away without having a real sense on whether or not you had the experience and how you would deal with tasks," and that "a lot of the conversation went off topic for them." This was pretty insulting, as all the off-topic moments were initiated by the interviewers, and if they didn't feel they were getting the answers they needed, they could've directed the conversation/questions better or asked, "Can you be more specific/elaborate more on this?" It's pretty pathetic that such a large company as LEGO with such a coveted reputation in the industry doesn't seem to train staff on how to conduct interviews, and then turns it around as a negative onto the candidate. This is the second poor job opportunity experience I've had with their interview process, so I don't see myself applying for a job at LEGO again.

Interview Questions

• Is Spanish spoken in Mexico different than the Spanish spoken in Spain   1 Answer

Director Demand Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lego Group (Hartford, CT (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

one screening with an HR assistant who was reading from a script, not conversing with me, next day she sends me a reject letter, not even bringing me in for an in person interview. She couldn't answer any of the questions i asked her about the company. Not even the size of the US division in relation to their global operations. I AM a director demand planning, i have decades of experience that perfectly match that role. There is no reason, other than maybe they think I'm too old (50) to even pursue further. I answered all the scripted questions and provided even more insight into my experience and high level of achievement in all roles I've held. I do think i was screened out because of my age which is unfortunately hard to prove.

Interview Questions

• typical scripted questions - tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict, what is your experience managing a team, what is your management style   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lego Group (San Leandro, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

An initial interview over the phone. Lasted almost 45 mins and covered questions regarding my work history from present back to 1989. Most questions concerned management skills and project management. The length of work experience was due to not having worked retail since 1998 and that included management experience which they were interested in me having. Lots of questions and some very important in asking for the work. I do feel the pay is not comparable to the work and the company may need to readdress this given the rise in minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• What was the one time that you over came a tough situation through team work with a coworker?   1 Answer

Brick Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lego Group (Bellevue, WA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was a weird experience. Took place in the middle of the Lego Store while it was open. It was a group interview and it consisted of building things from the 'pick a brick wall' as well as Lego orientated games. The trick to getting hired is to display the most enthusiasm and be the most eager. Overall, I thought that it was an unprofessional interview.

Interview Questions

• Is the Lego Store a toy store or a Lego store?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lego Group (Enfield, CT (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 Days of interviews Long Process, Met with Multiple Managers Sat in on calls, Was able to tour the facility which was really cool. 2nd day of interviews was a group interview in-front of a panel I was a group of applicants all answering questions at the same time this was strange.

Brick Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lego Group (Anaheim, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied through a friend and heard about a month later. There was only one round of interviews and it was fairly straightforward. We talked about things on my resume, went over why I was leaving my other job, discussed how long I planned on being with the company, and went over a role play situation to see if I was fit to make a sale. I was offered the position within the week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: If I was a child looking at this set, how would you sell it to me?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lego Group in May 2016.

Interview

This was the most disrespectful recruiter I have dealt with. She scheduled a phone interview with me but then just never called (I had to scheduled a babysitter for my 12 month old). I reached out via email trying to figure out what was happening but received no answers. She finally called the following week and spoke with me for 20mn. I reached out to her 10 days later asking her if she had any updates for me but again she did not even bother getting back to me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.