Lehman Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Sep 2018

3.1

Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contracted as a result of specialized skills

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with two attorneys who seemed more interested in discussing my current law school career than the job description. Overall, was overqualified for a position in a company that is winding down.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for a company who is working to tie up all the lose ends of bankruptcy?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

In the US, the investment banking interview process goes like this:
    Submit your resume online or through your contacts;
    Go through a first-round, usually on-campus, interview;
    If you do well, you move to the next round – “superday interviews,” which are held at the bank’s offices (the article you’re reading right now covers this step);
    If all the bankers like you, they give you an offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Interviewed for a position in the interest rate group

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

They ask about a lot of data structures and a few brain teasers. Make sure you read some "Cracking the Coding interview" to get an idea for these questions. I would say the technical part is 95% of what they are looking for so spend little to no time thinking of good behavioral responses. Great ideas - especially hobby projects and problems with their favourite language seems really good to me. It should reveal more about their relation to programming.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you like about the developer tools you use?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

This was a a strange interview. The interview was not with Lehman but with Alvarez the firm overseeing its liquidation. Once i realized that the position was project oriented and not service line oriented I tried blowing up the interview but they still made me an offer anyway.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY (US)) in October 2007.

Interview

Had three on campus interviews. Played good cop/bad cop, and one with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

this was right before Lehman went under. So it was good not getting that job. Interview with HR first. And a few days later, i was offered for the 2nd round interview. Not many tech. question. 2nd round was short

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

The first interview was a fit interview, and I hit it off with my interviewer. Walked through the resume, asking questions about previous experiences such as what my main responsibilities were and describe any challenges I encountered . The next interview was a super day of 5 interviews in a row. The younger analysts had heavy quantitative questions, while the senior ones asked the strength/weakness/leadership questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Extremely involved and extended. Met with many product managers over a three month period. Some were favorably inclined others probably not. This was for an experienced hire during a strong period of the markets. You would not be able to BS your way through. exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important determinate of swap pricing??   1 Answer

Negotiation

a lot of flexibility but very demanding

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.