Leyton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Leyton Interview Questions

Interviews at Leyton

2.7

Marketing Leyton USA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Leyton (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Chaotic and pompous. People late to the interview, people not showing up, unstructured, very little idea of what they wanted from candidates and the role, did not articulate their needs well, etc. One of the worst formal interviews I’ve been a part of. NOT what I would have expected from a corporation whose reputation and brand is built on integrity. They will have a difficult time stateside with this crew if this is how they treat people.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, nothing was memorable - except how unstructured it was.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leyton (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2018.

Interview

It was an assessment centre held in the Hilton Hotel. It started with us introducing ourselves, then 2 team building games and then an individual presentation at the end.
    During the interview I got the impression the people from Leyton were uninterested in anything we had to say. With one looking at his know throughout

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leyton (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial interview, pretty average questions - wanted long answers to questions that often did not need long answers.
    Interviewed by 2 managers in the view of having a second interview with a director

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years in this company and what salary would you want to be on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Leyton (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency who sold this position as 'General Executive', with a lot less emphasis on cold calling.

The agency had organised the assessment day in partnership with Leyton who, at the end of the day, would select the candidates they wanted to take forward.

To begin, there was an ice breaker 'what non-academic achievement are you most proud of?', followed by a 10 minute group activity which was presented back to the rest of the candidates, agency representatives and Leyton staff, then - following lunch - a presentation to the interview panel (2 or 3 Leyton employees and 1 agency representative) followed by an interview on your skills and experience.

A lot of the day was spent waiting around and although you were encouraged to network, there was definitely a lack of interest/interaction from the Leyton employees. At least the other candidates were friendly and dynamic, it made the day more bearable.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about spending your day 'hammering out' phone calls?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leyton (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

2 stage interview process. First is with 2 sales managers whom are friendly and welcoming. Standard 'get to know you' q's mixed with some cheesy sales q's. 2nd stage is with the Sales Director and is a 5-10 minute presentation on your own choosing which is also really relaxed and fun.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal role within 2 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leyton (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a laid back conversation with two Leyton employees designed to see if I would fit into the team, which was great and I was offered the second interview with the top dog.

The second interview was with an extremely pragmatic man, who should really be a psychologist because he knew exactly how to manage the interview to best get the information he needed. He acted as a restless, tired CEO, fiddling with his pen and even sighing at times, while I gave a presentation (on anything I wanted) his aim was to challenge me with as many objections as possible to see how I responded.

I would recommend being really prepared with your presentation, think of ALL the possible objections and have a solid argument to back up your case. Talk about something you are passionate about.

Thank you, Leyton man, you taught me a lot! I don't think I'll ever forget that interview. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Sales?
      In the casual interview, you are literally expected to just chat.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Leyton (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2017.

Interview

Was a casual informal chat about Leyton. interviewed by two guys. Had a copy of my cv but didn't of through it, just chased abut why the role was right for me. If anything nerves got the better of me. But seemed a good role

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Leyton (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2016.

Interview

Senior staff 1st stage: basic interview with standard questions for a sales interview, after which they decide if you will be invited to the second stage, Head of department 2nd Stage: give a presentation on anything of your choosing, on ppt with spoken aspect as well. This is followed by another questioning interview from the head of office along similar lines but with more complex questions.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leyton (London, England).

Interview

Series of interviews with different members of staff all in one day, one after the other. Merely asked questions about myself and basic competency questions where I had to give examples of where I have done things in the past. Also spent time chatting to some of the guys who worked in sales. Everyone seemed really nice.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leyton (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

1 to 1 interview with sales manager and presentation to head of department if you get through, not too bad, ask the average questions like why sales, why this company, what an you bring etc. If you prepare answers to these questions its ok - they want people that will hammer out phone calls and meetings. Presentation at the second interview

Interview Questions

• What makes you good at sales   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.