Leyton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Leyton Interview Questions

Interviews at Leyton

2.8

Interview

The assessment day was a great way to let your personality show during an interview. There were exercises that allowed you to demonstrate how you work in a team as well as opportunities to sell yourself to the Leyton team. Overall, very well done.

Interview Questions

• What businesses would you be interested in researching if offered the job?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward, pre-screening call followed by several calls with other team members (mostly remote). However, they were rather inflexible on timing which makes things difficult if you are currently employed.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge you've faced and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Marketing Leyton USA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Leyton (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Chaotic and pompous. People late to the interview, people not showing up, unstructured, very little idea of what they wanted from candidates and the role, did not articulate their needs well, etc. One of the worst formal interviews I’ve been a part of. NOT what I would have expected from a corporation whose reputation and brand is built on integrity. They will have a difficult time stateside with this crew if this is how they treat people.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, nothing was memorable - except how unstructured it was.   Answer Question

R&D Consultant Interview

Interview

Basic questions , not so difficult to answer, not much innovation needed. Few technical case studies as examples but straight forward. Questions to identify your ability to work within the group and be a good addition to the consultant s team

Commercial Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leyton.

Interview

Prompt recruitment process. Helpful and friendly recruitment team. Positive experience if prepared and researched on the company. Learnt a lot about the company and role through the interview that lasted about an hour and had around 4 questions after some introductory ones.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of where you've worked under pressure.   Answer Question

R&D Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leyton (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Two stage, face to face interview - with a case study test to test your knowledge. Apparently the case study test may be done either in the first or second interview, depending on timing (in case it overruns) and how the flow of the initial interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leyton.

Interview

Interview with management and other consultants. Questions relate to personality (how ambitious/target-driven/money-driven are you?), tax (what is R&D tax?), and specific field of expertise (describe an interesting R&D project).

Interview Questions

• Explain your PhD theses in simple terms   1 Answer

R&D Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leyton (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Brief chat with their internal recruiter over the phone, and they passed my resume to the team, and after that invited for an interview. But looking at the people in the team, it is apparent they are looking for people who are more "white&laddish"

Interview Questions

• R&D tax question, some innovative ways to help with clients project   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Leyton (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency who sold this position as 'General Executive', with a lot less emphasis on cold calling.

The agency had organised the assessment day in partnership with Leyton who, at the end of the day, would select the candidates they wanted to take forward.

To begin, there was an ice breaker 'what non-academic achievement are you most proud of?', followed by a 10 minute group activity which was presented back to the rest of the candidates, agency representatives and Leyton staff, then - following lunch - a presentation to the interview panel (2 or 3 Leyton employees and 1 agency representative) followed by an interview on your skills and experience.

A lot of the day was spent waiting around and although you were encouraged to network, there was definitely a lack of interest/interaction from the Leyton employees. At least the other candidates were friendly and dynamic, it made the day more bearable.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about spending your day 'hammering out' phone calls?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Leyton in December 2018.

Interview

Telephone to schedule an interview. First an interview with 2 people separately (consultant and someone else), afterwards a second interview with CEO and manager, also separately. After some weeks I got an offer. They were serious, but friendly. Always left with a good feeling and even if I wouldn't have been given a job offer, I would have considered this interview as one of the most positive interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• They are not looking for technical knowledge in the first place, but rather if you would fit in the team, have the right personality and competences. Typical questions about your education, what interests you etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.