Liberty IT Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty IT

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Melbourne, FL) in May 2021

Interview

Applied on a Sunday, phone screen on Monday, interview on Wednesday and Thursday offer on Friday. They moved quick and the interview process and expectations were clear. I thought the interview process was very smooth. The onboarding process has also been smooth - especially considering the government contracting extra paperwork. Enjoyable interview process.

Interview Questions
  • For a java question, what is Encapsulation?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Dublin, Dublin) in Mar 2021

Interview

Throughout the whole process, the recruiter was thorough and engaging, answering any questions I had. Those who interviewed me were lovely to chat to and most of the time it just felt like a conversation. The stages were: 1. Call with Recruiter 2. Coding Test 3. Call with senior engineer 4. Multiple calls with senior engineers and managers

Interview Questions
  • 1. General recruiter call 2. Coding test was a standard codility question 3. Walkthrough of coding test submitted code. Technical deep dive. 4. Multiple calls. Some involved another technical deep dive, another focused on systems design, another involved looking at some code and talking about how to improve it etc.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Nov 2020

Interview

Interview consisted of five parts: 1: To get to interview you had to pass a Codility challenge. The coding challenge consisted of two tasks: 1. Find an error in a piece of code and fix it by changing just two lines of code. 2. Write a program which does X. There are other Codility challenges on the web which can give you practice doing coding challenges. One thing I would stress is that the company is focused on the accuracy of your solution and not its efficiency. Another good website for preparing for coding challenges is Codewars. If you pass the interview you will be invited for an interview, they like to call it an assessment centre. The interview is four parts, the order of which you do each of these parts can vary: 1) Whiteboard challenge. You will be asked to diagram the architecture of a web application based on a brief. You will given thirty minutes total to do this. Ten minutes to diagram it and a further twenty minutes to explain your reasoning. For me this was the hardest part of the interview. I wish they had have gave more insight going into it what they expected, maybe some samples or practice exercises to get you prepared for the interview. 2) A group exercise: You are given a simple exercise to test how you work as a group. In our case we had to work as a team to select and justify which items we would take to help us survive on a desert island. 3) Another group exercise this time it involved finding errors in a piece of code. You are given thirty minutes, approx ten minutes to discover errors in a short program written in Java. There are lots of obvious errors, and they do give you an indication of what type of program it will be. In our case it was a Fizz, buzz, woof program. My advice would be to make sure you are heard. The interviewer asked us who would like to go first, I spoke up, and a fraction of a second later, another member of my group did. Out of politeness I let them speak first, only for them to proceed to identify most of the key errors, then another person spoke and identified the majority of the rest, by the time the third person had offered their opinion almost all the errors were identified. It's a tricky one to balance, you don't want to be seen to be too forceful or aggressive, but if you are too meek, your voice won't be heard. 4) An actual interview. Typical job interview questions asking you to tell you about a time you did X

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you worked under pressure to meet a deadline? I'm paraphrasing but it was something along those lines. Tell us about a time you worked with people from diverse backgrounds? Again paraphrasing Tell us about your approach to solving the Codility coding challenge. On this I don't think they wanted you to go into the nitty gritty of how and why you chose to write each line of code, they just wanted a general understanding of your thought process.

Liberty IT

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Liberty IT in Nov 2020

Interview

After applying for the role, I waited about one month before receiving an invitation to do a Codility programming question. I completed both questions, however one was not an optimal solution. I was then rejected without receiving any feedback.

Interview Questions
  • In a piece of code to find the smallest integer present in two arrays, there are some errors that prevent the code from working. Changing no more than two lines, make the code work.
  • Write a program that takes in a .csv file (as a String) and if a line (ending with \n) contains NULL, remove it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Dublin, Dublin) in Nov 2020

Interview

virtual interview had 4 rounds, whiteboard, GD, debugging and personal interview. We were divided into groups. one group had 6 members. GD and debugging was easy. interviewres were helpful and supportive.

Interview Questions
  • Draw architecture diagram for car insurence website.

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Nov 2020

Interview

Skills interview on paper, followed by group coding challenges and individual interview. Interviewers were polite, and represented both front end and back end developers. Most questions were more theoretical rather than applying hard coding skills.

Interview Questions
  • Prioritize various cyber sec threats

Liberty IT

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Liberty IT in Nov 2020

Interview

Online application was standard, provide the usual details and provide a cover letter like note on your relevant experience for the role. Then a screening call with the internal recruiter who was great and very helpful through out the whole process. After that, two rounds of interviews with people in the business at various levels and a case study/ presentation. After that, a final round interview with directors of the business. Everyone I met was amazing and engaged in the process and excited about the business.

Interview Questions
  • Can you talk about a time an initiative failed and what you learned?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Nov 2019

Interview

Involved filling in an online application form. Was invited to do two coding tasks on Codility, the first being of beginner difficulty and the latter being of moderate difficulty. From doing these coding tasks, I was invited to a Recruitment Centre with approx. 40 other people. We were split into groups of five or six and each group rotated through different interview events that were on. Such events included; a team-based code review session, a collaborative team game, an individual whiteboarding session and an individual "mini "interview. I found the team-based exercises to be quite laid-back but offered a good ability for those who normally spearhead group tasks to involve everyone and ask for other team member's input in decisions. The "mini" interview was also quite relaxed and more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you resolved conflict within a team and how you done so?
  • Give an example of a time where diversity was essential to a situation or project?
  • Give an example of a time you went above and beyond?
  • Explain your thought process when completing your coding tasks and retrospectively how you might have improved your approach or code functionality?
2 people found this interview helpful

Liberty IT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty IT in Nov 2019

Interview

Given 2 Codility Problems. First question was simple to get you used to answering in the codility platform (think simple find Sum or basic array related algorithms). second was a permutation problem which I did but did not the get the optimal solution.

Interview Questions
  • Given A,B,C where each is a given integer find the possible permutation such as no nonconsecutive repetition of the characters a,b,c are possible, i.e. no 'aa' or 'bb' or 'cc'. if A=1,B=3,C=2 then a possible permutation option is 'babcb'.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Nov 2019

Interview

Very positive experience. Applied online and was invited complete a Codility test using a programming language of my choice. I was then invited to participate in a Recruitment Centre half day. We were split into groups of 5/6 people and we completed a two group tasks (one game and one code review). There were also two solo sessions (a whiteboard session and an interview). Interviewers at the solo interview and whiteboard sessions were very pleasant. They felt like conversations rather than interviews and assessments. I was initially apprehensive about the Recruitment Centre but when I arrived the organisers, recruitment staff and group leaders made it a very enjoyable experience. Liberty IT provided good information on what to expect before arriving for the Recruitment Centre half day.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions about my previous experiences, working with people from diverse backgrounds, and personal development.
  • All sessions require you to demonstrate that you can very effectively communicate, describe technical concepts, and work well in a team.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews