Liberty Travel Travel Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Liberty Travel Travel Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Travel

2.3

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Livingston, NJ (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for a travel agent position in New Jersey. I applied on their website and by the next day received a Calendar invite to interview with their HR person. The phone interview was roughly the 15 minutes (consistent with many other FCTG/Liberty Travel phone interview reviews I'd seen on Glassdoor).The HR person said she'd pass my info along to the hiring manager. She said I'd hear back from her by the end of the week, but it took nearly 2 weeks before I got word I'd be having an in person interview with the hiring manager.

The interview with the manager went great. He said he loved my questions, said he could tell by the research I did beforehand that I really cared about the job, and that I gave genuine responses. He said I had come highly recommended from the HR person.

He said I'd been the first person to interview for the position, and that he still had other candidates he had to interview to do his due diligence as the manager and that I'd hear from my HR contact in 2-3 weeks.

LITERALLY THE NEXT DAY, I got an automated message from FCTG saying they would not be progressing with my application. The manager had gave me his business card, but I called on a busy day so I couldn't get in touch with him for feedback. I emailed my HR contact because I thought it was an error since there was no reference of my interview in the automated response and the timeline of the response didn't match up with the one the manager had given (it's sad, but I've actually had a job in the past accidentally emailed me saying they wouldn't be hiring me, then emailed to say I'd been hired).

Anyway, when the HR contact had gotten back she said it wasn't an error and said they'd keep me in mind for other positions..blah blah blah

I emailed back to inquire why they decided to go another direction, just for my knowledge and she said THEY'RE GOING FORWARD WITH A CANDIDATE WITH PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN THE INDUSTRY.

If they had a candidate with more experience lined up, why did they even let me interview? I went in on Thursday and literally got notified I wouldn't be moving on in the process on Friday.

I feel my time was completely wasted and that I was lied to. There's a lot of reviews for FCTG and Liberty Travel that say they interview a lot of people without intention of hiring to make it seem like the company's growing. I ignored all the negatives I read about this company and went for it, having high hopes for working in travel and at a store which got better reviews than others in the area.

Either the manager was completely unaware of HR's intentions or he's got the best poker face imaginable because that was by far one of the best interviews I've had in some time. No red flags from him, and I had a good in person experience but you never know. There's something sketchy about their process when someone can interview one day and then the next get some obscure rejection after the hiring manager gave a 2 week timeline. And to say they went with a more experienced candidate is just making use of a line that many companies use to brush off candidates. I guess at least the HR contact bothered to give a response, albeit a generic one.

Good luck if you want to work for Liberty Travel.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty much to get to know me:

Phone Interview:
    A little about job history.

Why do you want to be a travel agent?

Have you ever traveled outside of the US?

Where is the place you want to travel to the most?

Where's the best place you've ever traveled?

Have you ever worked with a commission structure?

If I had a strict budget and the package you were putting together is $500 over the amount, how would you fix it?

Describe for me what I would do there, etc.

Post Phone Interview email question:

In 3 sentences, describe why travel agents are important.

In Person:

When was a time you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?

Of the places you've traveled, which one do you know the most about?

Describe what I could do there?

(Playing devil's advocate): But I don't have a lot of money. I don't think I can afford that.

Have you ever worked in an environment where you had to meet specific quotas?

There was a written portion that I was asked to write my responses to a few hypothetical travel based questions to determine my written communication skills. It's usually done on the computer I think but the manager just had me write on a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Travel

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. Whatever you say, don't mention that you're just taking the job for the "travel perks" they seem to be annoyed at that answer... Even though you need to be knowledgeable about the product/ service your selling.

Also asked on interview to "sell me a dream vacation?" Bestsellers are good listeners! Make sure to ask the client where they have been before? What kind of client they are? For example, do they stay at 3,4,5 star hotels.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Liberty?   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel in April 2018.

Interview

Rather than a phone interview, I was invited to an open house interview session after applying for an “express interview” that I imagine takes the place of a phone interview. The recruiter seemed friendly but I was told I would know one way or another by the end of the week/early the following week if I was moving on. That never happened.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I interviewed at Liberty Travel in October 2017.

Interview

It took two weeks to respond to my
    application. I was then asked to set up an appointment for a phone interview. The interviewer never called me. She also never answered my email asking if we were still on for the appointment.

I got approx. 5 emails confirming the appointment time so i was confident I got the time right. Really bad first impression.

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

Applied online, received an email for an interview the next two days. The interview lasted 30 minutes. There were three people that did the interview. The recruiter asked if this position is something that I would like to do at the end of the interview.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

Online application. Was contacted via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. Interview lasted less than 30 minutes. Basic questions about experience and travel. Moved onto a background check immediately following phone interview which took about a week. Also prompted to complete a brief question via email. Next was an in person interview on location. Supposed to last 30 minutes but varies. I was there for over an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on base salary.

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Newark, NJ (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

They asked to sell a vacation to them- role playing- phone interview and in person interview. Basics questions. Drug test. Background test. Went into store and answered phones and did basic skills. Shown how things are run. Took geography courses.

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

It was very brief it only lasted about ten minutes. I felt like I didn't do well but I recieved an e mail that welcomed me to move on to the next phase of the interview process

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for liberty travel?   1 Answer
    • Where have you travelled to? Try and sell me the place you travelled to   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared to describe the vacations you have been on and try and sell it to the interviewer.

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Wilmington, DE (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was prolonged due to personnel's ineptness. In-store assessment had to be rescheduled due to poor communication between HR & store. Was kept waiting at store for over 20 minutes for 2 minute instructional interview where I was told to answer store phones and reply to a misleading email.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel in June 2015.

Interview

First I applied online, a day later I got an email to set up a phone interview. One week later I had my phone interview, which was about 30minutes. Very easy, they asked questions regarding my resume, if I have travelled, why would I like to work for liberty etc. next I was prompted to complete some online assessments. They say it takes 45 minutes but plan for a little bit longer than that. I also submitted my information for an extensive background check (which took 4 days for them to complete). Once I cleared background check, an in store assessment was scheduled with the store team leader. Be prepared to answer the phone, and a couple other tasks! The process can be a little lengthy but totally worth the wait!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations for salary. All travel agents start at $30,000/yr + commission

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.