LifeScan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

LifeScan Interview Questions

Interviews at LifeScan

3.1

SLDP Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LifeScan.

Interview

College recruiting/ sales competitions is where they find candidates. They interview at your campus then if you make it through send you to their home office.

Too much travel.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inverness, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LifeScan (Inverness, Scotland) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview, then an interview on site with a number of people (lasted whole day).

Interview Questions

• Usual questions like what are you most proud of, team work etc. Be prepared to answer the same questions to a number of interviewers separately.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LifeScan in March 2011.

Interview

the intervew took 1 hours and some behaviors questions such as what will you do if one of the workmate come to ask your help,which will bother your current project.

SLDP Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LifeScan (Milpitas, CA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

The interviews were tough, but if you are confident in selling yourself and work well with a team you'll do great. I went through around 8 different interviews all in one day, which started early and ended pretty late. I am so excited to start in June with my SLDP team. I feel that the interview process really helps identify who you are as a person and how motivated and goal oriented you will be in your career.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were simple if your honest with yourself and the people who are interviewing you. Make sure to answer each question with the value you brought to each situation and the benefits you provided.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverness, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LifeScan (Inverness, Scotland).

Interview

It was a long process and involved various stages
    - Online application
    - Online video interview (questions appear on screen and video recorded)
    - Skype call
    - Face to face interview
    I did not get the specific role I initially interviewed for but they considered me for an alternative position.

Diabetes Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeScan (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Two stage interview- F:F with hiring manager followed by an assessment centre involving a presentation on how to be successful in your first six months in the role. This then followed by a role play where play a mobile phone salesman. This is followed by a competency based interview.

Medical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverness, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at LifeScan (Inverness, Scotland).

Interview

They use the SMART method. Make sure you prepare situations were you had challenges etc. They are johnson and johnson and therefore you need to know the credo! Read it well, make sure you can answer questions about it such a what did you do for the community at your previous employer. Make sure you know the company ver well.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you showed leadership skills   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LifeScan (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview with the headhunter to weed out my experience and background. Pretty normal questions. Then a phone interview with Regional Manager followed by face to face interview. If you get past that you may be asked to to meet or speak with a few current Territory Managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, you were able to negoiate holidays and start date.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LifeScan in February 2012.

Interview

HR was very nice as well as the interviewer.
    3 total rounds of interviews ranging from twenty minutes to an hour.
    First round was HR from head office for official screening. Then second round with the local one you're applying for, and third with higher up management (very short).

Purchasing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LifeScan (Milpitas, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Their onsite staffing agency is Kelly Services. Kelly and/or Lifescan are friendly but if you're over about 40, don't bother.

The rep was clear that this was a priority position to start ASAP. They were advertising on all the main sites so that seemed true. The initial phone screen was quick - I was honest about the only program that I didn't have experience in. She sent several resumess to the manager - (in theory) - to my surprise, I was one of two invited in for an interview. The whole turnaround on that was less than two hours. Again, surprising but desperate managers can sometimes pull it off.

The arrangements for the interview turned out to not have been confirmed. I was waiting for 20 minutes before they foun the manager. She did not know it had been scheduled..She had just returned from leave the day before. It is not good to have an irate and distracted interviewer.

To her credit, she shifted gears and the interview was good. She outlined the company, how it fit into Johnson an Johnson and how the position fit into that. She also brought in another manager who had a position I could be a fit and that manager was enthused too.

The usual questions, largely behavioral e.g. What was a problem you faced and how did you deal with it? How do you work with an irate manager who wants to go around policy? How do you organize yourself when there is an overload of work, all which needs to be done now? Tell me about your experience in this position. We clicked well and she said I'd be a great fit for both the job and the team. The Kelly manager onsite was apologetic but said the hiring manager was very pleased,

It was pretty odd, then, when Kelly rep did not get back to me as agreed on Friday - I called her and - surprise!!! - they had suddenly found another candidate who had worked there 3+ years ago in another position.

She then sent a 5 word follow up note. No interview feedback. No comments. Not even the usual signoffs that companies use to keep you feeling good about the brand(s).

I am over 50 - the only variable in all this was that Kelly and the manager could see that during the live interview. Johnson and Johnson as well as Kelly have positioned themselves as committed to hiring mature workers. The treatment after the interview sure did not reflect that. The old trick of suddenly having another candidate indicates they're either it is all hype or middle management has not gotten the memo.

Interview Questions

• We have many managers who do not understand the process and want someone to blame. How would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Our managers have short and long term deadlines that have to be met - they cannot do this if their approval is taking longer than they want it to. One has signed a contract on his own and the product is on its way. What do you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.