Linde Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Linde Interview Questions

Interviews at Linde

2.9

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linde in February 2019.

Interview

I spoke with the hiring manager, and then spoke with a higher level engineering manager. The hiring manager reviewed my resume and experience. The engineering manager had three questions, of which he only asked two since apparently I did not answer in the way that he liked.

Interview Questions

• What is your method for troubleshooting?   1 Answer

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linde.

Interview

3 rounds of interview: 1 with HR, 1 with hiring manager, then last one with hiring manager and a plant upper management. Mainly behavioral questions as well as questions about my resume.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linde in August 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with Linde Engineering North America in Houston, TX.

I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and was subsequently asked to interview at the main office. The interview was a panel-style interview with the hiring manager, a senior process engineer, and another manager. Most of the questions were asked by the hiring manager and the senior process engineer. I answered their questions pretty well, although there was one question asked by the senior process engineer that I could have answered better.

After the panel interview, I had to complete a computer-based personality test. I didn’t particularly care for that, but it was part of the interview process. My score on the test was not supposed to factor very heavily into the employment decision, so I wasn’t too concerned about it.

I finished up with the HR representative, who very briefly reviewed Linde’s benefits package. She told me at least twice that I would be hearing back from them whether I was offered the job or not.

It has now been more than five weeks since I interviewed, and I still have not heard anything from Linde. Obviously, I am not getting the job. So much for hearing back one way or another!

It shows a complete lack of professional courtesy to not give a candidate a response. I took time off from my job to interview with Linde. If someone takes the time to do an on-site interview, he or she is entitled to a response to bring closure to the interview process. Period. There is no excuse for not doing this, especially after the HR representative says at least twice that you will be getting a response!!

It is because Linde didn’t bother to give me a response that I rate this interview experience as a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked detailed questions about the things on my resume by the senior process engineer.   Answer Question
    • I was also asked a number of hypothetical questions about how I would go about certain job tasks.   Answer Question

Senior Process Design Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White City, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linde (White City, OR (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a screener, then with the hiring manager. Then I was brought in for an onsite interview with a panel of five people. I got a short tour of the plant from the prospective manager. I asked him some of my questions during that time.

Interview Questions

• They had me prepare a Powerpoint presentation of my past experience. They asked about project management experience. They asked about how to approach analytical method development. They didn't ask any behavioral questions that I normally get. They didn't ask very many questions at all.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linde (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

It was a formal interview. Addressed all the basic questions and personality related questions. The atmosphere is good. This was a phone interview. A lot of formulated questions which are standard for the interview process with a bigger company like this.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Linde (Bethlehem, PA (US)).

Interview

The interview process began with an online personality assessment followed by a phone screening and then onsite interview. Phone screening was performed by an third party service. Phone interviewer could not answer many questions about the company or the position itself. I was not informed that the interview would be onsite until about two hours before the actual interview. So specifically ask if your interview will be virtual or onsite. The process felt unorganized at some points. However, questions were fair and the experience was great!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Linde?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Instrumentation Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Linde (Pasadena, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Standard knowledge of instrumentation and control systems, safety instrumented systems. Educational background. Previous work experience. Do you feel comfortable doing light electrical work. Can you be punctual and are you a self-starter? What is your experience in industrial chemical plants?

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Triconex SIS and TriStation software?   Answer Question

Bulk Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Linde (Cartersville, GA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Get called from a company recruiter 3 weeks later go to interview about 4 weeks road test then job is offered then if you are lucky 2 mounths go by. When u finally you meet a national trainer ( this guy is a real loser) after that you go 3 weeks with a local trainier pretty good after that

Interview Questions

• Can you driver
      Will i be watched every day then from then   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Linde (Bethlehem, PA (US)).

Interview

It's an on demand video interview. It's the first round of interview with only four behavior questions. The job is most about using six Sigma Theory to find out the viability of new projects.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in an internship with linde how did you hear about linde? Briefly describe any related work experience or leadership activities that you have had. What skills did you develop that you can apply at Linde. What do you hope to gain out of an internship at Linde? Are you willing to relocate for an internship with Linde?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Linde (Baltimore, MD (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me within a few weeks. I had a video interview where I recorded myself answering questions and then 2 phone interviews with managers. The HR department wanted to see where I would be the best fit and which location would be best given my skill set and interests. The managers were easy to talk to and wanted me to be in an area that I found interesting.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.