Linear Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Linear Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Linear Technology

3.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

Spoke with an external agency recruiter. I'd like to give Linear some credit and hope that they're better than the agencies they contract out. She was unprepared, sounded bored, and was just all over the place. She said she'd move me forward and then I never heard from her again.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed for DC/DC Converter design position at Milpitas. Total 8 rounds of one on one interviews. All the interviewers were from top schools(read MIT, Cal etc.) and had atleast 10 years of experience. Everyone was friendly and tried to steer you towards the answer by giving hints or asking relevant questions. They don't care much about your knowledge of power converter design but focus mostly on Analog design skills, device physics(can't emphasize this enough) and a little bit of digital circuits. No HR or behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on device physics of MOSFET, BJTs, diodes. A lot of questions dealt with treating the opamp as ideal and putting it in feedback. Large signal behavior of current mirrors, common gate, common drain, effect of temperature on gain etc. of a circuit.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Linear Technology (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

One conference-call phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The conference call was a little weird, because it was difficult to keep track of which voice belonged to which interview.

Interview Questions

• There was an in-depth, multi-interviewer, three-hour on-site technical interview   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

Lead engineer emailed me and scheduled a phone call. During the phone call, it started with few basic questions about my background and asked me few questions about dc/dc converters. It wasn't anything hard. It was short and straightforward phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between voltage control and current control   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Camas, WA (US)).

Interview

All day one on ones with key players. This would be fellow engineers that know something about your particular area. Lunch with maintenance manager and final review of the day with plant manager. Overall 6-7 interviews 30 minutes each. There's a scorecard but it's not really used to hire/not hire, final decision is a group discussion.

Fab Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

Three interviews with supervisor processing manager and the plant manager. I was asked about my previous experience what I like about my previous jobs a lot I didn't what are my goals for the future. The managers praise the operators and their superior knowledge comparing to the industry, they presented me the benefits of working in such a wonderful place and how nobody ever leaves LTC.

Process Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

First round "feeler" interview with section manager over the phone. Technical with relevance to your resume but primary focused on your experiences. Second round series interview on location (Camas, WA), five 45min interviews. Each interviewer is a different section manager or senior engineer. Questions are very technical on device physics, CMOS process, solid state physics, failure analysis, and situational process engineering. Some questions are posed in a way that there is no known answer, they want to see how you think.

Interview Questions

• Very technical on CMOS, device physics, thin film chemistry, equipment, and solid state physics   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology in September 2015.

Interview

Two separate technical phone calls followed by an onsite visit. All technical and very thought-provoking. There are not much advice to give, aside from understanding al about semiconductor devices to a very fundamental level. I was extremely impressed by the quality of the employees there. They are the best, and brightest that you can ask for in term of individuals.

Interview Questions

• All technical semiconductor devices questions. I will not say what questions due to privacy, but be prepared! It's good to take a few weeks to really nail out the knowledge   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, get the contact from the hiring manage after two days. The phone interview is very technical, and detailed. The technical questions go through every detail of BJT device physics, and process. The interviewer is nice and smart but somehow push, who even try to give me an equation and plot through the phone. It is a stressful interview experience.

Application

Interview

I had a casual interview with the direct department supervisor then a second interview with the production manager. After the second interview the offer was made by the hiring supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Can you work well with others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They had a number in mind and it was fair.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.