Linklaters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Apr 2018

3.6

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Linklaters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

I had met an associate at a clerkship cocktail event who I kept in touch with. Then the associate reached out to me when the group was hiring lateral associates. The initial interview was with a couple of partners and associates in the group (one-on-one). Then I went back the second time and met with a few additional partners and associates.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linklaters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 senior associates. They were very friendly and great listeners. I had the impression that it was more about testing whether they can work with me or not. I was also asked about a few cases I worked on.

Interview Questions

• Walk us briefly through your Resume   1 Answer

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Linklaters (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a three stage interview process. The first was an aptitude test, then there was a physical interview and a videoconference interview. At the physical interview I completed a pretty difficult etray exercise. The final interview was based on this exercise, and I was asked technical questions about my responses on the etray exercise. I found this to be moderately difficult.

Interview Questions

• Whether I would feel comfortable coming in on a training contract to work under younger associates   1 Answer
    • Most of the questions were based on an etray   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linklaters (New York, NY (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on campus and got a call back to interview at the NY office. The interview was fairly standard except for a situational component in which they make you memorize a scenario and then explain how you would handle it. The senior attorney tells you everything you propose will not work, so you have to keep coming up with things. The worst part was they gave that to you before your first interview and then you weren't quizzed until the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• If you were a breakfast cereal, what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linklaters (New York, NY (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

The callback interview totalled 4 hours: HR person, 3 partners, 1 associate, each for 30-40 minutes.

The part with HR was somewhat the most difficult because they asked me somethings that I wasn't prepared for such as "tell us about a way you solved a problem in an imaginative, creative way."

The interviews with the partners were very different one from the other.
    The first one was more formal, kind of what I was expecting. I got to ask many questions.
    The second partner actually tasked, "what do you want?"
    The third partner was the co-managing partner for the NY office.
    Overall, all the partners were very inviting and laid back.

The last person I met with was a mid-level associate, she basically just answered questions about her work and involvement with summer associates.

Interview questions:

HR behavioral questions:
    What did you like about your undergraduate? About your 1L?
    A moment you are proud of?
    A moment where you solved a problem in an imaginative way?
    How do you start a new project, what do you do?
    What is important for you about the people you work with?
    Worked in a team lead by someone else?
    A difficult situation you managed by yourself?
    What would I see if you were stressed out?
    What types of situations put you under pressure?
    Describe a good week.

One of the partners' questions was, Why Linklaters?

Document Review Attorney Interview

Application

I interviewed at Linklaters in January 2017.

Interview

interview was acceptable and fine, pleasant staff and a friendly environment. interview schedule consisted of three interviewers and lasted approximately 3 hours. The human resources staff were helpful and engaging. I was asked questions such as what is your experience and how do you think you will perform in this role?

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will perform in this role.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Linklaters (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

First round in New York ISIP: the interviewer is very nice, but the HR asked some questions like naming big deals by our firm in the past three years. The second round is an interview by video conference.

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Linklaters (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Two people panel for interview with no HR, it was a two stage process with next stage being with HR as final candidate. Average questions, lasted 30 minutes, seemed friendly and a little too informal, with no question structure

Interview Questions

• What does your average work day look like in terms of duties   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Linklaters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2017.

Interview

HR interview- Counsel and senior associate interview . They mainly focus on your resume and ask you relevant experience. and about how to communicate with people and how to proof read some materials.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linklaters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2008.

Interview

One interview with HR. One interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much in terms of negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.