London Borough of Camden Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

London Borough of Camden Interview Questions

Interviews at London Borough of Camden

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Sent off a CV and had an answer back around a month later. One round of interviews with my line manager and a senior official. Laid back but expected me to know my stuff - interested in my background. Was promised a quick turnaround on whether I had the job or not, but they missed it by several days.

Interview Questions

• Why work in local government, and why in Camden in particular?   2 Answers

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in January 2012.

Interview

I had to teach a lesson to a group of students of mixed ability, including low reading skills and those with behavioural difficulties. I then had to do an interview with the head, the assistant head and a line manager, this lasted for about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are you ambitions for 5 years time?   1 Answer

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview was very well structured and lasted about an hour. I felt comfortable and the interview went well. There were three people on the panel and they were all engaging

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden in January 2016.

Interview

Straight forward one stage interview where I was interviewed by a two members of staff. The interview consisted of competency based questions where I was able to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding of council practises.

Interview Questions

• To explain my knowledge of assessment centres and best practise.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England).

Interview

Quick, did written test.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I was 15 minutes early for the interview. Waited downstairs 20 minutes until someone came to greet me. We get to this room where 2 other people are waiting. I introduce my self and shake hands. Been told where to sit. I tell them I brought requested documents with me ( one being passport). They were all confused as to why did I brought them. I was asked what nationality I am and when I said I am Romanian I have been told that that's why I was asked for documents. Then they introduce themselves again. And I am being told to ask in case I don't understand what I am asked and if I go off track they will try to stop me ( after the passport incident this made things even worst for me specially when they could see up until then the level of my English ). Then was a 40 minutes interview , poorly conducted, unorganised. I have ask for feedback regardless of being positive or negative.
    Almost 2 weeks later I receive an email saying that due to the high calibre of people I didn't took the role and they understand I would like feedback so I should email ( email address given) the same address that sent this email.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a situation where you needed to take a decision under pressure.   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a beneficial chance you've made in your current employment.   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden in January 2015.

Interview

Standard 40 minute 5/6 question format with two interviewers. Questions were quite predictable based on the behaviours Camden want staff to display and were all about giving concrete examples of past activities. There were no trick questions but be prepared to back up all answers with results obtained or anything learned.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have gone the extra mile for a customer   1 Answer

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England).

Interview

Minute taking test followed by 40 minute interview. Typical questions for admin role. They seemed positive about me even asking when I could start. I was not offered the role, when I asked for feedback I waited a week to hear from them and they just said I gave a good interview but they had a high calibre of applicants. 3 weeks later they are advertising again with a note saying 'previous applicants need not apply'. I wish they would have told me honestly and specifically why I didnt get it so I could improve whatever flaw I might have for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this role.
      When habe you been dissapointed with your work.
      Experience taking minutes.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in May 2011.

Interview

friendly and fair to everyone job open to anyone wailing to learn but work hard for the council,
    red tapping is a skill to catch as working with a public sector is a total different than the Public ones

Interview Questions

• how would be treatment difference between your director and a simple employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiable, everyone take the same piece of cake

Process Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to submit my CV with a covering letter via the Camden recruitment candidate portal. I also had to complete application specific questions in which I had to relate my experiences to the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by two people from the department I applied for. I was asked five questions which were based on the values of the council. The questions were specific and were relative to the role I applied for.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.