London Borough of Camden Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at London Borough of Camden

2.8

Controls Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

submitted a CV & Cover Letter. next stage was a supervised Excel test and then a final interview with three managers. Interview was behaviour questions, based on the Camden working values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work at Camden Council   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you have delivered continuous improvements, made a process better for example   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took on responsibility   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you demonstrated the ability to work as one   Answer Question

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview with unseen presentation. The panel were friendly and made me feel at ease right away. The presentation was the first part of the interview slot, followed by a competency based interview of 5 questions centered on the Camden Way. Feedback was provided upon request.

Audit Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden.

Interview

Panel interview coupled with a psychometric inventory exercise. Panel was 3 senior officers including DoF. Overall they were quite rude and tried to provoke me(!) which was very odd.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I was 15 minutes early for the interview. Waited downstairs 20 minutes until someone came to greet me. We get to this room where 2 other people are waiting. I introduce my self and shake hands. Been told where to sit. I tell them I brought requested documents with me ( one being passport). They were all confused as to why did I brought them. I was asked what nationality I am and when I said I am Romanian I have been told that that's why I was asked for documents. Then they introduce themselves again. And I am being told to ask in case I don't understand what I am asked and if I go off track they will try to stop me ( after the passport incident this made things even worst for me specially when they could see up until then the level of my English ). Then was a 40 minutes interview , poorly conducted, unorganised. I have ask for feedback regardless of being positive or negative.
    Almost 2 weeks later I receive an email saying that due to the high calibre of people I didn't took the role and they understand I would like feedback so I should email ( email address given) the same address that sent this email.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a beneficial chance you've made in your current employment.   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a situation where you needed to take a decision under pressure.   Answer Question

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England).

Interview

Minute taking test followed by 40 minute interview. Typical questions for admin role. They seemed positive about me even asking when I could start. I was not offered the role, when I asked for feedback I waited a week to hear from them and they just said I gave a good interview but they had a high calibre of applicants. 3 weeks later they are advertising again with a note saying 'previous applicants need not apply'. I wish they would have told me honestly and specifically why I didnt get it so I could improve whatever flaw I might have for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this role.
      When habe you been dissapointed with your work.
      Experience taking minutes.   Answer Question

Process Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to submit my CV with a covering letter via the Camden recruitment candidate portal. I also had to complete application specific questions in which I had to relate my experiences to the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by two people from the department I applied for. I was asked five questions which were based on the values of the council. The questions were specific and were relative to the role I applied for.   1 Answer

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview was very well structured and lasted about an hour. I felt comfortable and the interview went well. There were three people on the panel and they were all engaging

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden in January 2016.

Interview

Straight forward one stage interview where I was interviewed by a two members of staff. The interview consisted of competency based questions where I was able to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding of council practises.

Interview Questions

• To explain my knowledge of assessment centres and best practise.   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at London Borough of Camden in January 2015.

Interview

Standard 40 minute 5/6 question format with two interviewers. Questions were quite predictable based on the behaviours Camden want staff to display and were all about giving concrete examples of past activities. There were no trick questions but be prepared to back up all answers with results obtained or anything learned.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have gone the extra mile for a customer   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Sent off a CV and had an answer back around a month later. One round of interviews with my line manager and a senior official. Laid back but expected me to know my stuff - interested in my background. Was promised a quick turnaround on whether I had the job or not, but they missed it by several days.

Interview Questions

• Why work in local government, and why in Camden in particular?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.