London Fire Brigade Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

London Fire Brigade Interview Questions

Interviews at London Fire Brigade

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Fire Brigade (London, England).

Interview

First, you have to contact the outreach team.
    You will have 2 informative sessions where they will give you some tips and they will talk about the recruitment process and the role of the FF

Then you will have a group exercise & and individual role play, followed by a personal interview.

STUDY ABOUT THE ROLE. ( OPERATIONAL SIDE- SPECIALITIES-PREVENTION)
    WHAT ARE QUALITIES-SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES ARE REQUIRED

Then you will have to complete an assessment of verbal reasoning and simple equations.

ASSESSMENT DAY:
    Written assessment: write about a given subject. ( Study the role of the FF)
    Roleplay.
    Verbal reasoning + simple equations.

Personal interview.

Prepare examples where you had shown and used skills & habilities regarding:
    -TEAMWORK ( link that with the fact that FF work in a team)
    -INCLUSION ( London receives 17 million tourists a year, 1/3 of Londoners born overseas. 40% Londoners from BAME, LFB launched his Toghetherness program)
    -EXCELLENCE- COMMITMENT
    -RESILIENCE WHEN FAILING ( how do you cope and what do you do when you fail)
    -YOUR STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS
    -OPEN-MINDED

Good Luck

Interview Questions

• Prepare examples where you had shown and used skills & habilities regarding:
      -TEAMWORK ( link that with the fact that FF work in a team)
      -EXCELLENCE- COMMITMENT
      -RESILIENCE WHEN FAILING ( how do you cope and what do you do when you fail)
      -YOUR STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS
      -OPEN-MINDED

Good Luck   1 Answer

Employee Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Fire Brigade (Hammersmith, England).

Interview

Invited to an interview - had to do a written test and a presentation with data I had received.
    Heard nothing back despite chasing a number of times. Really disappointing considering you put time and effort into producing something for no feedback back. Cheeky!

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at London Fire Brigade (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

Structured and thorough. Fitness test, maths and english, role play, telephone interview and face to face interview. There was also a team building and communication skills element. All were held in different London locations.

Community Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at London Fire Brigade (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Having previously applied for a fire-fighter role at LFB, I applied for this job using the same candidate profile as previous. Changing my email to a current one; after two weeks with no reply I called and left a voice mail asking when I would hear back. I got an email back saying that I had been accept for interview stage and that they were tomorrow at 8am and too arrive 10mins early. (they had emailed my old email address which I no longer had access to) So quickly had to prepare a 10min presentation on fire safety that evening and get ready for my interview!

Arriving to HQ early I waited for an hour, the receptionist was trying to get hold of the department. Once the person interviewing arrived to work she walked past knowing that I was waiting for her and told the receptionist that I was an hour early to my interview and ill have to wait.. (it turned out that they told me the wrong time to arrive on the email)

So after all of the waiting and rushing around the day before the assessment started around 9:30.

I then completed a written assessment part. Which was a letter to an elderly resident that had fire safety concerns.

after that the presentation and interview part. which went okay but I was not fully prepared for having only had a few hours to complete it the night before.

all in all they made so many mistakes it was a complete shambles. they apologised again once they had realised that they told me the wrong time and that they had emailed the wrong add.

Once I was told that I hadn't been selected weeks later I was not shocked and quite relived actually as they couldn't organised a fire in a match factory...

Asked for feedback from my interview and arranged a date and time for a call... Still waiting

Interview Questions

• General questions about diversity and equality.
      Questions on multi-agency working
      And communication
      Experience and qualifications   Answer Question

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Fire Brigade (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Hammersmith, two staff one writing one staff member asking questions, scripted questions.opportunity to go off framework but then pulled back quickly. to main question set. Other staff member will take notes on responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult period in yout=r career   1 Answer

H R Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at London Fire Brigade (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. They did all basic eligibility process and a basic IQ and typing speed test . Had a one to one interview with line manager which was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness.test for typing speed and general assessment questions   Answer Question

Education Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at London Fire Brigade (Hammersmith, England) in September 2013.

Interview

Searching online for vacancies, filling in the online application, take part in a job interview consisting of Presentation on a task that I had a week to prepare for and an Interview consisting of around 5 questions, some gave an example of a situation I could be put in.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with youth or community groups and what were my main roles and responsibilities.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.