Lucas Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lucas Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Lucas Group

2.7

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucas Group.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter on LinkedIn saying he is highly interested in talking to me about a position he was working on. We schedule some time to talk, he asks me about my experience, what I'm looking for in terms of my next position. Asks if I can urgently send my resume to him I send it over ask him to confirm if he received it then...... dead silence. Not even an acknowledgment of my received resume. I had previously had a good experience with another lucas group recruiter prior to this second recruiter reaching out to me. I was willing to work with Lucas group again but after this experience I won't do that.

Interview Questions

• What is your background, why did you leave your last job.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I thought this was going to be a position for an internal recruiter. I had a phone screen with someone who informed me that this was for an external recruiter. I told him that I was not interested. However, he told me he was impressed with my skills and wanted me to speak with his senior manager. I spoke with her and she gave me a personality test and told me we would go over the results within the next few days. She never got back to me. It was quite confusing because I was upfront with them about not being interested, and they continued to waste my time.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I went on 2 in person interviews. First one was 2 hours with one guy, seemed to go well, but in hindsight I now noticed red flags. Such as asking me how much I made at previous jobs. Interviewers should not ask that question. He definitely tried to sell me on the job, telling me about all the lavish trips/perks. Next day, had a 40 min phone call with their recruiter in Tampa. Went great. She asked if i was interviewing elsewhere or had other offers, told her I did, which was true. They scheduled me for a third “final” interview with the team this time just a couple days later. This final interview was INSANE. I was there for 3 hours. First guy I initially met with again for about 30 min. Then a team of 5 women grill me, asking quite personal questions and I get it, they were trying to see if I was cut out for the highly competitive sales role that IS recruiting. Asked me how money motivated I was, if I played sports, if I had any other monetary support, (which I know now they ask this because the draw system will screw you and leave you poor)...trying to get a feel for me and how hard I’ll work to make a sale. I get it. Then I go back to the initial guy’s office where I go through a series of “challenges/tests” on the spot, was not told or prepared beforehand. I had 15 minutes to rate 4 resumes from 1-4 being the best to least fit for a job description. (Having ZERO experience recruiting or doing sales). Thank God, I somehow got it all right. Then this guy gives me a script, leaves the room and makes me call his cell 4 times where I had to pretend to be a recruiter and each time he pretended to be different people. Totally nerve wracking but I handled it well. Also, huge red flag about this guy was the fact that he was SO hung up on this personality assessment I had to do, and the fact that my results said that I was a “skeptic”. He seemed to be very bothered about me being a skeptical person, which I don’t think is a bad thing at all. It means I don’t take anything at face value, including HIM and the extremely manipulative interviewing process they were putting me through. So after I’m there for 3 hours, he tells me he’s going on vacation, they’re really interested but needed to talk to others about me, but if I get any other offers, to call his cell while he’s on vacation, no matter the time. I thought this was weird, you don’t want to give me an official answer yet but you don’t want me accepting any other job offers? They were dangling this job in front of me like a carrot. By this time, these people had taken up a total of 6-7 hours of my time, making me jump through hoops to prove myself to THEM, yet they weren’t proving themselves to me. They wanted ME to feel lucky to have that job or to even be interviewing with them. Then he tells me he has some homework for me, to 1st, call the recruiter in Tampa and touch base with her. I did, left her a voicemail and emailed. Never heard from her. Also, he wanted me to send him my references (even though he already had them on my resume?! Odd.) and to send him a detailed list of my top 5 professional accomplishments. So, even though I noticed major red flags with this 3rd final interview, I did what he asked because I’m professional. NEVER heard from the guy or the recruiter in Tampa!!! LOL! After sleeping on it, I thought there’s no way in hell I would EVER work for Lucas Group or this manipulative, micromanager. This guy has all young women working on his team. I get the feeling that he likes to make women chase the sale, he likes to see them struggle. Something about his gives him satisfaction. Just like what he was doing to me with this entire interview process. It was all a fun game to him. It was so obvious and he loved every minute of it. After putting me through the ringer, telling me they’re “very interested”, asking me about my other offers, etc. and to never hear from them? Very sketchy. The negative reviews I’ve read about Lucas Group on Glassdoor all confirm what I felt about this company. I dodged a freaking bullet and I can’t thank them enough for showing their true colors during these interviews and then for NOT contacting me. Seriously, THANK YOU. The reason this guy was so hung up on me being skeptical is most likely because he knew I would see through them. They would NEVER have succeeded at “molding” me into one of their money starving puppets. I would have seen through them very quickly and I would have called them out in a heartbeat. So yes, Kevin, I am a skeptic and it’s a quality that I value. Being a skeptic saved me from you and your toxic manipulative environment. THANK YOU! People, read the reviews. Pay attention to what these negative reviews say. They’re true. P.S. -They were offering me $60k for the first year because after that (if you even last the first year) you move into the draw system where you will not make what they promise you.

Interview Questions

• How much $ did you make at your last job/jobs?   Answer Question
    • Do you have monetary support from anyone else? Parents? Usually when people have monetary support from elsewhere, they don’t try as hard to make sales. (Yes they really said this).   Answer Question
    • Do you have other offers? How do you rate the offer from Lucas Group in comparison to the others?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucas Group.

Interview

excellent and personal. Phone interview, then in-person, followed by HR interview, then an offer and negotiation. Accepted offer and joined within a week or so. It was smooth and enjoyable meeting all of the good people at Lucas Group. I still recommend others to LG.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lucas Group.

Interview

I reached out to hiring manager online. We scheduled a call and he introduced me to his manager. We later set up a call with an HR representative. The HR recruiter used to work on the agency side and seemed to know the company DNA very well. Lastly I had an in person meeting with manager and team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lucas Group in December 2018.

Interview

The interviewing process started with multiple phone screenings, and progressed to several face to face interviews. All of the interviewers made it a point to allow for very easy back and forth and made sure that if I had any questions that I had time to ask them.

Interview Questions

• When did you know you were interested in a career in Human Resources?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucas Group (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Unrealistically rude recruiters. This one recruiter has spoilt the name of the entire staffing firm. This is a general suggestion to unprofessional people to write an email properly without showing off your bad egos, it can spoil other people's morning. It's okay if you don't like your job of recruiting, you can try something new.

Executive Search Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lucas Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

There were several levels of interviews. I believe that there were four levels of interviews. At times it felt more like a conversation than an interview at times. I enjoyed meeting with everyone. My recruiter prepped me well for the interviews.

National Account Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucas Group (West Knoxville, TN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and thorough. In 6 weeks, I had a new career. They took my skill set and matched me to the best of their ability with a new employer. They were caring and concerned about the fit and the salary negotiation process.

Interview Questions

• My history of account management, and why I had left my previous employer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Waste of my time and MONEY. After the initial phone interview, I was asked to visit their office for a in person interview. It would consist of a meeting with both of the hiring manager each lasting one hour. After the first interview, I knew it was not the role for me. (spend 12 hours a day making phone calls and barely clear $40k a year.... yeah, not for me). After the second interivew, they asked me to meet with the VP... Then told me it would be good if I could meet one of the reps on the team. She also grabbed my resume and treated it like she was interviewing me.... After 4 hours and four separate interviews it was finally over. Even though they told me in an email they validate parking, they changed their story when I was there and said I have to cover it. This cheap company made me pay $21 for a four hour interview!!! It's obvious they burn out their employees and treat them with no respect.. Not worth the energy.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.