Lyft Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lyft Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Interviews at Lyft

1.3

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online and quickly heard back from to schedule a phone interview in the near future. The interviewer was very personable and friendly and assured me that if this position wasn't a good fit that should would help me with another position she had in mind. I hung up feeling hopeful and understood, only to never hear from her again. I received the semi-automated response inviting me to the next in-person interview but no other responses to my emails. I went to the in-person interview (which took place at their location inside Pep Boys--yes, the auto parts store). Meeting with their manager was nice, but it was clear that this was not the right fit for me. It seemed genuine when he began to look through his network and help me apply to an open position at corporate. I reached out to him after the interview, again feeling very hopeful, only to hear nothing. I still have never heard back from either of the interviewers I spoke with. I had a high regard for both of them, initially feeling really appreciated, I am thoroughly disappointed to have been discarded somewhere in their email inbox.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Recruiter call, Phone screen, in person interview. All easy, typical things.

Don't be fooled, this is essentially a retail job. This was not stated anywhere in the job description and was a bit alarming to find out during the 3rd round of in-person interview. Yikes...

Interview Questions

• How did you use data to make a decision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was no interview. I submitted a state background check and once I passed, I submitted a request to pick up a rental car through Lyft and Hertz. I picked up my car and was good to go. No interview at all!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process felt thorough and included meeting several members of the of team but was also efficient and not drawn out. Had a phone interview with a recruiter then had a series of 1 on 1 interviews in the office on the same day and a follow up a few days after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave superior service to someone   Answer Question

Markteing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an overall positive experience and moved quickly. I started with a phone interview with a recruiter in California. Then, about a week later I had an interview with the marketing lead in Boston and the next day had a group interview with the marketing lead and the general manager of the Boston office.

Interview Questions

• What would be a good partnership for Lyft in Boston? What is one idea you have for an event that would attract customers and drivers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Had an HR screening then an on site 1.5 hour interview with three different people. Someone currently serving in the role I was applying for, the manager I would report to and then the GM. The whole process was very quick and thorough. All of the interviewers were very nice and seemed more interested in getting to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• What about the role and Lyft appeals to you?   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview with the Lyft team was extremely friendly and comforting. I was originally contacted by a member of their recruiting team about two weeks after filling out an application on line. I had an original phone interview/ screening with them. After, I was pushed to a second phone interview with the manager of operations. Finally, I was asked to come into the office for a three round interview with the Boston team. Each of the three interviews was one-on-one with a different member of their Boston team (a Community Associate, a team lead and the Manager of Operations).

After this process, I was informed that they filled the position with another candidate. The recruiter said they would be in contact for future opportunities if they came up.

Two months later, a Community Associate opened up and I was contacted by the same recruiter. This time, I moved right to the in office interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume.

Do you have experience working in customer service?

Tell us about a time where you had to work with a customer who was frustrated and how you handled it.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest and transparent about what you want throughout the entire process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Met up for 30 minutes. We went over some do's and don't's. It was hardly an interview, more of a formality and to check over that I did, in fact, know how to drive well. After the driving session and chat was over, I went on my way and was a driver within the week. It really wasn't difficult at all. Nothing to stress about, whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really questions, just information to be shared.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

They meet you at some random parking lot, ask you a couple questions, make sure your car is clean, have you drive them around the block and take pictures of you and your car. It took me a few days after talking to her on the phone to arrange a time to meet.

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to keeping your car clean?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy, met with a current driver and they asked me questions, inspected my car, and had me drive them as if simulating a Lyft. It was a very simple process to apply. I applied online and then was set up with a current driver. You need to make sure that your car insurance is up to date and that you have had the safety inspection passed. Most of the time, if a driver was not accepted, it was because a head light was out, there was a large dent, or issues with them as a driver or being inappropriate during the drive.

Interview Questions

• Really whatever they want, there wasn't anything specific. When I mentored, I asked folks, "why are you interested in being a driver?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.