MAC Cosmetics Freelance Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MAC Cosmetics Freelance Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

4.0

Freelance Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very quick and to the point, they want to know how much you know about the company. That part is really important. Make sure you know the mission statement, about the Viva Glam project, & back to MAC. & any other information is always good to know as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Freelance Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Initially approached MAC Counter w/ intentions to meet Manager with full ace of makeup and resume in hand. When she first met me, she exchanged a few words and told m to come back later that day when she wasn't busy. I came back later exactly on time she noticed I was onetime and offered me an application. I filled it out and handed to her and she immediately offered me second interview and told me to bring model. I brought back friend and was given 45 minutes to create a look for MTV Host going to New Years Eve party. She was very impressed with my makeup and loved it. She then offered me second interview. This then was interview to get to know me as a person.. The assistant manager was also brought in to ask me questions. They asked situational questions, questions about my personality, etc. They really liked me and then offered another phone interview with their regional manager. By this time I was wondering why so many interviews? They were actually considering me for a permanent position. The phone interview didn't go so great, but after then I was offered another interview to meet with regional manager and another top manager. This interview was another hour or so of questions about my skills. After then I waited, and waited.. And they decided to offer me the original job for the freelance position. I was in college full time at the moment and I believe they didn't want to take that risk. The interviews were nerve wrecking but I was consistent in being myself.

Interview Questions

• If your doing makeup application on one customer and another approaches you screaming that she wants a lady gaga lipstick and nothing else very impatatiently, what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.. But do your research as far as MAC Artist.. $16 for freelancers and $23 for full time artists

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.