MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.1

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

They do two part interviews usually. One makeup application showing your skills and one face to Face interview with management where they will ask a few more questions

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

So here is the breakdown.

First, Interview with store
    Second, Interview with store Manager
    Third, Practical interview with makeup application and a live model
    Lastly, Job offer and start date to begin

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was fairly standard. They mentioned having done research into my resume and asking about me with former employers. The interview questions were the usual 'Tell us about yourself', nothing out of the ordinary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Process went on for over 2 months. The location was told after I applied and it was at JFK airport. The manager (newly from NJ) was really unorganized and unprofessional. She was rude and needed more training on the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client.   Answer Question

Freelance Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was referred to the role by a friend and former colleague. I had a phone screen and was told I could only be interviewed in person at a very specific time for 15 minutes only. I made the time slot happen and the interview went slightly over. The people I met with (experiential marketing) were nice and asked me about my events experience. I felt the conversation went well, and thought while I might be a bit junior for the project, I was ready and excited for the challenge. I did not understand, however, how the role was so part-time considering the immensity of the project. I received a rejection email from the hiring manager who is actually an employee of Randstad. She was unable to offer any feedback. I have had very negative experiences working with Randstad through other corporate companies in the past, and I'm not surprised my communications with them were pretty unhelpful and uninformed this time around, as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you stay on top of deadlines, how you stay organized etc.   Answer Question

#3rd Key Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in June 2019.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. So I applied online via Estee Lauder for a MAC 3rd Key position. Which required for me to submit my resume and complete an online interview. The online interview was 9 questions that I have about 30 secs to prepare for before it recorded my answer. I had 3 min. to answer each question.

About 10 days later, I received a call from my local MAC store to complete an in-person interview. During which I was informed I was a strong candidate for the position and was invited onto the next part of the interview: the Technical portion of my interview (MakeUp Demo). I scheduled the interview for two days later.

The MakeUp Demo for me was unlike the experiences I’ve heard that other people had. I was given 10 min. to pick out supplies and 45 min. to complete my makeup. There was no prompt given- my instruction was to perform what the model wanted which I did. Honestly, this portion of the interview was so fun. There was a theme going on in the store so all of the MAC girls/guys were high energy and gorgeous. There was music playing and my model and I were really enjoying ourselves. Honestly this portion of the interview really made me want the position even more. I’ve read other experience where people said that the MAC girls and guys were rude but literally for me we all hit it off right away. I was shown to a space to complete my Makeup and was shown the MAC standard of hygiene. No one stood over me the entire time but they did walk by periodically to check in and listen in. Honestly this allowed me to be in my tone and to perform the makeup application as a naturally would. Engaging, laughing and teaching my client. It allowed for a much more authentic experience in my opinion and gave me the opportunity to see how it would feel to actually work in the store.

When I was finish I was even impressed with how the makeup came out. There were no criticisms given. They asked my model what she wanted and if I delivered and she told them she loved it (she wanted something natural that would be day date appropriate.
       After the demo they said they like the Makeup and had no critiques. They liked how I engaged the client and had plenty of tips and tricks to teach.
         I was told I’d have a final interview with another manager on the phone which we set up for 3 days later.
       That interview was more sales and management focused and they really brought the heat. I was told that I’d be notified within the week if I’d gotten the job. Three days later I heard back!

Overall, I did ALOT of research and preparation for this interview. Though the process was difficult, I was very confident because I was very prepared which made certain aspects of the interview less stressful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Talk about a time when you had an issue with Management and how it was resolved?
      How will you balance being a manager and having sales goals of your own?
      What is you're current attendance like?   Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Orlando, FL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Easy going & laidback interview. Must have a love for makeup or artistry. Consistently optimistic and ready to make sales. There is also a systematic way to talk to clients that they enforce on you daily. The hiring manager is looking for someone who is positive, fast paced, personable and can collaborate creatively
    with teammates & clients. They will also ask you to do a makeup demo on someone you know or random then time you on how fast you can practice sanitation & a face (forgot how long)

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a client that is unhappy with the outcome of her makeup look?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Very easy and just was hired as a temp for data entry so really just showed up one day one. I really just showed up and they showed me where to sit and what to do, couldn't have been much easier

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and instantly got a digital interview. I had 5 days to submit my interview. 3 weeks later I got a call asking to come in for both a speaking interview and a makeup application. 2 days after the call I came in with my model which I was required to bring for my interview. The interview seemed to have gone really well and I was told I’d receive a call the upcoming Monday. Today is that Monday and I never received a call. I will wait a couple days and then will call if I don’t here anything.

Update: a couple days after I hadn’t gotten any call, I had gotten a call from the manager I had done my interview with. She had appologized for getting back to me later than expected due to being really busy at the store and had offered me a job!

Interview Questions

• Do you understand/ are aware of what a freelance position is?   Answer Question

MAC Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

There is a makeup test and sit-down interview. Prospective artists are asked to bring a model and given the full range of products to demonstrate skill and efficiency. Often artists are told to switch models ensuring you are working on a new face. Emphasis on timing and makeup knowledge rather than product knowledge.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.