MAC Cosmetics Make-Up Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MAC Cosmetics Make-Up Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

2.7

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

1.) Look over resume.
2.) Phone interview.
3.) In-person interview.
4.) Makeup interview.

The interview process is one that is more detailed and laid out to see if you have a good fit for the culture of the company, the culture of the store, and the culture of the management hiring you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Baltimore, MD (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was great it took me about 40 minutes I did my model make up and it was great I did well and the manger liked my makeup .

Interview Questions

• During the process of doing make up can I still sell it to them   1 Answer

Make Up Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with a nordstrom manager. I had 1 interview with the counter manager. I had 3 interviews with Mac management and a full face makeup application demo. It literally took a month plus to get hired. Plus i had to drive three hours to get to the mac management interview- that was in a different state.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating.

Make Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an add posted on Craigslist. They called to set up an interview in a location about an hour away from me and told me I would need to bring a model with me. There were to be two interviews that day. A preliminary normal interview and then there would be a makeup application interview.

Interview Questions

• They want to know how much you actually know about MAC products.   1 Answer

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I came in person, in all black, dressed as the part to turn in my resume. I spoke to the manager who then referred me to the person in charge of hiring. She then told me to go to the Macy's website to apply online. I did and got an email asking me to come into interview that same week. I interviewed with Macy's and let them know that I specifically wanted to work for MAC and not any other beauty brand. About a couple days later I then interviewed with 2 third keys/ managers telling them about my experience previously working as a freelancer for MAC (that's the best way to get a PT or FT position with MAC to begin working as a freelancer for them. You have way more priority over others and it's basically a guarantee that you got the job). I then went on to interview with the top main managers of the MAC and they asked me regular interview questions. I then had to interview with the regional manager in a different location. I believe I went through abut 4-5 interviews plus I had to do a makeup test where I had to bring a model of my own and apply makeup to her as I've been asked to do so. It took about 2-3 weeks I believe to get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I tried to but they told me they started me off at the highest pay, which I didn't believe, but later found out to be somewhat true.

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

No personal questions asked. A try out was required where you bring a model to apply make up. While there they make you switch models with other artist & apply a look.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC?   1 Answer

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Orlando, FL (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a long interview process and the hiring took about a month just to begin in the current role of an artist. The manager will inform you of the entire process and just to be patient.

Interview Questions

• they asked me why did I want to work at Mac and what did I love about Mac   Answer Question

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

I brought in a résumé spoke to the "SRM" they will ask what you availability is like. I later interviewed with the regions MRO, HR, SRM and Resident Trainer your usually in a group interview and several question about the company are asked. Things to know; what does MAC stand for? What do you know about VIVA GLAM? After a verbal interview you will apply makeup on a model. Using your own brushes and with makeup they supply. During this process they are watching for sanitation. Making sure your listening to the customers needs. Making a verbal contract in case the counter gets busy, I might have to step away for a minute to help out. Make sure you can hold a conversation with a customer and that you are showing and teaching them.

Interview Questions

• What do you do that makes you a good team player?   1 Answer
    • Describe what makes good customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired as a on-call, most cases this is how you start with the company. When you are hired permanently make sure you you don't just agree with what they will offer to pay. This is one of the top performing makeup company's in prestige makeup. Ask for what your worth.

Make Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Sacramento, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

it takes a while the first was for freelance, which is a group interview. so its best to talk to a few store managers to get ur foot in the door. its about dress to impress and the way you answer questions.

Interview Questions

• you take a model and they switch the models and you do a role play/ skill interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

you get payed what freelance pay was.

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2020.

Interview

I did the video interview , and all the questions were clear with enough time to prepare, and enough time to answer. It gave you two attempts to answer, in case you were not satisfied with your first answer. It was a total of 5 questions

Interview Questions

• - Why do I think my personal style fits with the brand's image   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.