MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.1

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Lubbock, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Went in store to give the manager my resume, was invited to fill out an application online as well. The next day I received an email inviting me to do an online interview. A week after submitting my online interview, I got a call inviting me to do a makeup application and verbal interview. The next day I was offered the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Westfield, VA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

why do you wanna work here?whats your plan?why did you apply for this company?the can know whats our plan what do we wanna do they can get more familiar with new employ

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Baltimore, MD (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was great it took me about 40 minutes I did my model make up and it was great I did well and the manger liked my makeup .

Interview Questions

• During the process of doing make up can I still sell it to them   1 Answer

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was in store with 2 people. Super easy if you have cosmetic experience. Wear all black and be yourself. If they like you you get a 2nd interview which is the makeup application part. You bring a model & I was given 45 mins to recreate a look they choose for you to do. Then same day I got call offering the position!

Interview Questions

• What are some open ended questions you would ask a customer who comes in to get her makeup done?   1 Answer

Third Key Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Orlando, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Verbal interview in person or on phone with regional manager. Usually a promotion inside the company. Have to have many years experience within the company or beauty retail business industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you balanace being a manager and being fully goaled for every work hour.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

30 min in person interview at the NY office, more questions were behavioral, few questions regarding technical skills (excel skills, presentation skills etc), the interviewer described to me in details the role

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you do not agree with your manager?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

I went through many verbal interviews at varies locations and 2 makeup interviews .My interview process as a whole took roughly one year. It takes way longer to apply for a permanent position then it does if you just apply as a freelancer and then work your way up. Also working as a freelancer you have more of a chance to get hired first if anything does open up (because mac likes to hire within first)

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Orlando, FL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process did not feel like an interview, because the manager was very welcoming and very friendly. The interview process took about 30 minutes, but it went by pretty quick because I enjoyed it.

Retail Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on indeed and basically got the email to come in for a verbal interview and a makeup demo. In the verbal interview they will mainly ask you costumer service based questions, for the makeup demo you are asked to bring in a model and have about 20-25 mins to complete a look. The artistry instructors will basically pick how much time they wanna give you, and whether or not they want to switch your models on the spot so be prepared for anything basically. During the demo your also expected to bring your own clean brushes. And they will pull your model and give them a senerio. They did not switch my model and basically gave us 20 mins to do a glowy skin/bold lip look. Interact with your client they aren't really looking for much Artistry skill they want to see that you can make conversation and can give the client what they want. Bold lip means RED, pull in skin care for brownie points.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went outta your way for a costumer   2 Answers
    • How do you handle a difficult costumer   Answer Question

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Annapolis, MD (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had applied for MAC four different times before getting hired. It took me about four years. The interview process wasn't difficult this time around. It's all in who you know. You have to do a formal sit down interview and a makeup interview. It could take them weeks and sometimes months to follow up if you don't stay proactive and persistent.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MAC Cosmetics?   1 Answer