MAYA Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at MAYA Design

3.8

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MAYA Design (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Amazing. Met with 3 people at a time for the whole morning and then had a portfolio review for an hour. The portfolio review is a presentation of process with everyone participating. It was a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• We deal with a lot of data here. Do you think you can really handle a LOT of data?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MAYA Design (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Hour long portfolio review followed by three 1-hour group interviews. Two group interviews were interdisciplinary (1 engineer, 1 human scientist, 1 visual designer) and the other interview was with the senior engineering staff. The general attitude was supportive rather than critical.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to develop a responsive web application today, what technologies would you go to?   Answer Question

Visual Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAYA Design in January 2014.

Interview

In person and phone interview, met in person (it was me and two designers), and also had a phone interview for the position. They wanted to get to know me and find out about how I approach design. Questions were both broad and specific.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAYA Design (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

The process began with a phone screening and then a full day series of interviews with lunch and a portfolio review. The process included a number of hour-long interviews with members of all three departments - human sciences, engineering, and visual design.

The portfolio review was probably one of the most important aspects of the interviews, and since everyone at MAYA is a designer, they like to see process work. The more interactive, the better. Also, expect a lot of questions and be ready to dive deep into the design process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAYA Design (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Received a call early January from Director of department and had a 45minute phone screen. I was almost immediately called back to set up an in person interview with members of the Human Science group and give a presentation on prior work. I had previously planned a vacation for 4 weeks and they were very flexible, planning the follow up interview after that. The in person interview itself was with roughly 5 people. I received an offer letter in the mail within the next week or two, and I was working in the office by March 1st.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.