MEC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MEC Interview Questions

Interviews at MEC

2.7

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Laid back. Met with 4 different accounts and was asked about myself. nothing crazy; more conversational then anything. They wanted to see if you were just a normal somewhat intelligent person

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Good experience, laid back, met with 2 senior people on the team for up to 2 hours and discussed my past experience working in a different area of media (TV buying).

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about MEC?   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MEC.

Interview

I received an e-mail saying that MEC was interested in discussing a career opportunity. We settled on a day. I interviewed over the phone and said they would contact me the following week. Asked basic questions about the Media industry and my qualifications for the position. I didn't hear back and after numerous followup e-mails was informed they were going in a different direction

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted to complete a phone interview. The HR manager asked me a series of questions and it took about a half hour. I never heard back after the initial phone interview

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I met three staffs from the radio department at my first interview. They ask me about my skills and if I am very organized person. It seems the position has lot to do with organizing and sorting, contacting.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter who did a prescreening over the phone, which was very brief. He basically wanted to see what types of roles I would be interested in. I then did an in-person interview with two different people. Pretty casual, more like a conversation that an interview. I was offered the position later that same day.

Interview Questions

• What's the last book you read? What's your favorite current digital advertising campaign?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For entry level there was no negotiation; however, they did give me about $2,000 more starting salary because I had to relocate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a very seamless process. I sent a resume and cover letter through the online job portal and heard back that day from HR asking me if I could interview ASAP.

I went in and met with 5 different team members, i knew they were busy but it's nice that they blocked everyone off at once so I didn't have to come back.

I got a call the next day from the recruiter with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Where would you rather be right now than sitting here interviewing for this job, and what would you rather do with your career than work here   Answer Question

Negotiation

For entry level positions HR said they don't negotiate so I accepted that

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Intimidating Process, Great Interviewers
    Initially got a call from someone in HR asking me to come in for a group interview. Came in and there were 8 of us applying for associate roles. They took us all into a meeting room and did a little 30 minute intro to the company, then separated us all into individual rooms where we each had 4 30 minute interviews with people working with different campaigns and in different roles. Everyone was very friendly and pretty great at making you feel comfortable. Essentially they are just trying to see how you would fit in, what team you might work best on, etc.
    Got a call the next morning with an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Microsoft Office program, which would you be?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MEC (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process for fairly straightforward. However, the interviewers were very unprofessional. The hiring manager was very condescending and kept trying to undermine my qualifications. She came under prepared to the interview without even reading my resume and had the audacity to ask redundant questions that made no sense. I am glad they didn't make an offer.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MEC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Received an email from the manager of the team expressing interest in recruiting me and did a quick 30 minute Skype interview with 4 of the managers of the team. Was asked about my resume, interest in working for the client's account, what you like to do for fun outside, how you manage stress and deadlines. Everyone was extremely friendly, got an offer 2 days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun? How you handle strict deadlines? What do you like about this client's industry?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.