MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at MPC

2.4

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process was structured and to the point. It was an important step to initiate where the company and the potential employee stood and at the time there was positive rapport.

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Applied through online and at the job fair. It was very casual and short interview. The interviewer was very kind and friendly. The interview and application process takes about a week.

Interview Questions

• brief background introduction and some questions about technical approach on the portfolio   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within the week. Interview was in the upstairs lounge with a great view of the city where people were having coffee, not a stuffy meeting room.

My reel speaks for itself so it was basically a discussion about life and to make sure I'm not a crazy person. The talk was mostly about my experience and me asking questions about their pipeline. Very casual, easy going chat, rather than a stressful interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer lighting backgrounds or character lighting   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior member of the lighting department. We discuss some lighting - rendering techniques. Additional, we spoke for about half an hour about my previous experience and some coding and look development skills. Overall it was a good interview.

Also, we talk about a short film I had work for graduated school and how much VFX experience did I had.

Interview Questions

• Which render engine have I used.   1 Answer

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Approx 30 min interview. Fairly easy. Although they wont follow up on you if you don't get the position. Didn't hear back from them although I sent them a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you went about doing the work on your reel?   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

An easy call focused on my reel's breakdown and some questions about my projects for the future. They didn't seem to care very much abut me to be honest. One of the two guys seemed pretty annoyed since the beginning

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very smooth and informal. We talked mostly about my reel and my familiarity with different programs. I also went over a mixture of my creative and technical processes when approaching a shot. Overall, it was a pretty good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MPC (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent my CV, and I received an email from the recruiters, asking me to have an interview with the head of lighting. After a week and a half he called me. The call was around 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I want to join to MPC, my experience leading teams, the process of lighting, etc. He was kind to answer my questions, and to repeat the questions that I couldn't understand because of the bad audio on the phone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at MPC (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got back to me after 7 months, though it was perfect timing as my current contract was about to expire. I met the HOD for my position it was in their sky cafe so quite fancy and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is my workflow and process and what kind of tools I could use.
      Where did I work before.
      What interest I had.
      It was very specific though casual   1 Answer

Lighting Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I got contacted by mail for an interview.
    It was pretty friendly and straight forward with simple questions about my reel.

Before leaving the facility I knew I would be emailed an offer, which is nice.