MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MPC Interview Questions

Interviews at MPC

2.4

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I interviewed at MPC in January 2018.

Interview

Quick and simple. People in the office, the managers are all nice and friendly. Start the conversation by asking questions about the company and the office. Show interest in the company's work and the people working there.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the postion? What makes you a good fit for the postion?   Answer Question

Lighting Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at MPC (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got back to me after 7 months, though it was perfect timing as my current contract was about to expire. I met the HOD for my position it was in their sky cafe so quite fancy and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is my workflow and process and what kind of tools I could use.
      Where did I work before.
      What interest I had.
      It was very specific though casual   1 Answer

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Fairly straightforward, phone call.
    Went through what's on my reel, mostly technical discussion.

They shared about what's going on in their company, what are the projects they are currently on and what projects they are crewing up for.

They are very open and questions and willing to answer them, they took the time to explain to you.

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very smooth and informal. We talked mostly about my reel and my familiarity with different programs. I also went over a mixture of my creative and technical processes when approaching a shot. Overall, it was a pretty good interview.

Runner Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC in November 2017.

Interview

When I went to the company for my interview, they told me that the person that's supposed to meet me was away for person reasons and they'll reschedule an interview for me. I left and after about ten mins, someone called and told me to go back to meet with another person for the interview. I went back and there were two interviewers, one was there to substitute the person that was away. They were nice and talked a lot about the company and the position. But they weren't sure if they've asked all the questions that they're supposed to ask. They told me they'll contact me in a few days, but I've never heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• A time when you have to solve a conflict between your co-workers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

It was an average interview, they asked me about previous experience, my avalaibility and to describe some of my works and workflow. The they asked me if I have any question

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

An easy call focused on my reel's breakdown and some questions about my projects for the future. They didn't seem to care very much abut me to be honest. One of the two guys seemed pretty annoyed since the beginning

Texturing Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

They mainly asked questions related to Mari, as they were looking to hire people who knew how to use Mari. They asked to breakdown the projects in the portfolio and steps involved in making those project from scratch.

Interview Questions

• Do have experience using Mari?   1 Answer
    • What all maps did you use in the each of the projects in your portfolio.   1 Answer

Post Production Runner - MPC Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was an easy and comfortable experience process. Good communication with company beforehand when arranging a date. On arrival, the interviewer took me up to the cafe area and was offered a tea or coffee, and we sat down at a table together. It was a very informal and casual interview which made it a relaxed experience, and had a discussion about my past experience and went through my CV together. I was then asked a series of questions related to the job position, and was told everything I could ever want to know about the company and the position. Though no offer, it was a positive experience with a lovely interviewer and after we sat and chatted some more about the job and further questions whilst finishing our teas. Quick to hear outcome of interview - the very next day!

Interview Questions

• - Past work experience (tell me more about...)
      - What do you know about our company?
      - What interests you about the company / why did you apply?
      - What did your past job as a runner involve?
      - What area of post-production interests you most - why is this?
      - What programs/software have you used?
      - Asked about what I did in my university degree
      - Is there a time (in specific job) that you had to deal with a negative customer? How did you resolve the situation?
      - Have you ever worked in a team where other members didn't pull their weight? What did you do about this?
      - When are you available?
      - What's your flexibility like?   Answer Question

Compositing Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Done over skype with the head instructor and head of program. Good questions, actual knowledge based for the job. Pleasant interview with lots of relevant questions and the interviewers were good at answering questions about the company as well.