MPC Lighting Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MPC Lighting Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MPC

2.4

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MPC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with the Lighting department Trainer at the time, he asked me few question about myself and my skills and experience. Then a quick walk through my resume and asked technical questions about my demo reel.

Interview Questions

• what kind of renderer are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MPC

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior member of the lighting department. We discuss some lighting - rendering techniques. Additional, we spoke for about half an hour about my previous experience and some coding and look development skills. Overall it was a good interview.

Also, we talk about a short film I had work for graduated school and how much VFX experience did I had.

Interview Questions

• Which render engine have I used.   1 Answer

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Approx 30 min interview. Fairly easy. Although they wont follow up on you if you don't get the position. Didn't hear back from them although I sent them a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you went about doing the work on your reel?   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

An easy call focused on my reel's breakdown and some questions about my projects for the future. They didn't seem to care very much abut me to be honest. One of the two guys seemed pretty annoyed since the beginning

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very smooth and informal. We talked mostly about my reel and my familiarity with different programs. I also went over a mixture of my creative and technical processes when approaching a shot. Overall, it was a pretty good interview.

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Applied through online and at the job fair. It was very casual and short interview. The interviewer was very kind and friendly. The interview and application process takes about a week.

Interview Questions

• brief background introduction and some questions about technical approach on the portfolio   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within the week. Interview was in the upstairs lounge with a great view of the city where people were having coffee, not a stuffy meeting room.

My reel speaks for itself so it was basically a discussion about life and to make sure I'm not a crazy person. The talk was mostly about my experience and me asking questions about their pipeline. Very casual, easy going chat, rather than a stressful interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer lighting backgrounds or character lighting   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.