MTU Aero Engines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MTU Aero Engines Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2019

2.4

Rotational Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines.

Interview

Met with three different members of various departments; Project Mangement, Human Resources, Analytics. Each session lasted half an hour, with a question and answer session with current employees (recent grads) to answer any questions we may have had. Company did a great job making sure we had something to eat or drink if needed, overall a very easy-going process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where there was a problem with a member of a group you were a part of and how you went about the situation.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Hartford, CT (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Hearded about 10 of us into a meeting room and had staff interact with us while individual managers grabbed each of us for interviews. Had 4 different interviews all in one day there.

Interview Questions

• Was I interested in a managerial track or technical.   1 Answer
    • Was asked about details on my resume - they closely looked at my college activities that were related to the job.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was in MTU near Karlsfeld, Munich. I only met and spoke with my supervisor. He was very frienly and relaxed. We mainly spoke about the content of my internship, what he is expecting from me etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your educational background.   3 Answers

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment agency where I had 2 telephone interviews basically to explain my experience, my motivations and also answer questions related to the job like how I conduct a negotiation, main aspects when dealing and developing suppliers and etc.
    After that they submitted my profile to MTU who scheduled a F2F interview in their factory close to Berlin.
    It was a 2 hours interview where the 1st 30' I'd to prepare a presentation based on specific situations like "how to deal when you have a quality issue from your current supplier on a Friday end of day", "You have 3 scenarios to negotiate a contract. Which one do you choose and why", "How do you negotiate with a sole source supplier", and after that you have to start your presentation to the Head of Purchasing, HR and Head of Engineering.
     After the presentation a lot of different questions related to the job. Nothing tricky

Mechanical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole interview only lasted 5 minutes. The interviewer asked very direct questions. He seemed to be interested in knowing if the candidate could easily adapt to the german work culture but also if he had sufficient technical and theoritical knowledge in both programming in propulsion engine.

Interview Questions

• If i had followed any classes in propulsion engines.   1 Answer

Simulation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in March 2018.

Interview

I’d an interview in the area of simulation for applying to my mandatory internship because of my university. At first sight it was a huge company so I had the feeling that I am like an ant in the whole building. But fortunately they were really kind and try as much as possible to help you. I had that internship and it was great. Thanks for all TEWT

Projektmanager Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2009.

Interview

Ich war in die Beratung (Vertrag) miteinbezogen und hatte eine gute Beziehung zur Hardware-Engineering-Gruppe.
    Der Programmmanager kontaktierte mich telefonisch und fragte nach, ob ich bei ihnen arbeiten könne (Vollzeit).
    Anfang lehnte ich ab.
    Nach der Ablehnung rief der stellvertretende Engineering-Leiter an und ersuchte mich, bei ihnen zu arbeiten.
    Der Vertrag wurde innerhalb von zwei Tagen ausgestellt.

Interview Questions

• Es gab einige Fragen bezüglich meines schon gebuchten Urlaubstermins, der eine Woche nach dem Antrittsdatum lag. Ansonsten gab es keine weiteren Fragen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Die Auftragsvergabe wollte einen niedrigeren Stundensatz bezahlen, aber nachdem ich beim stellvertretenden Leiter anrief, wurden meine Bedingungen akzeptiert.

Praktikant Interview

Interview

Kurzes Interview in entspannter Stimmung. Fragen wie, warum ich bei der MTU arbeiten will und was ich bisher gemacht habe. Kurze Vorstellung der zzukünftigen Aufgabe. Zum Schluss noch eine kurze Führung.

Ausbildung Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines in July 2017.

Interview

Sehr freundlicher Eindruck. Faires und transparentes Verfahren. Sehr schnelle Rückmeldung, super. Vorschriftsmäßige Bezahlung der Anfahrt. Ein sehr gutes Erlebnis, echt gut. Erst Online-Bewerbung, dann direkt Assessment Center. Fair und schnell

Werkstudent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Als Erstes ein kurzes Telefonat. Nur kurz und es ging eher um die zeitliche Verfügbarkeit für ein persönliches Interview. Dann wurde ich nach MUC eingeladen und hatte ein Gespräch mit dem Teamleiter und einem Mitarbeiter. Es war ein sehr freundliches und offenes Gespräch.

Interview Questions

• Was sollten wir über Sie wissen, was nicht im Lebenslauf steht?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.