Macmillan Publishers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Macmillan Publishers Interview Questions

Interviews at Macmillan Publishers

2.7

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers.

Interview

Submitted my application via Linkedin and then about 2 weeks later, HR called to schedule an in-person interview, and I met with the supervisor I would be working under (Marketing Assistant). I received an offer later that day. Overall, a great experience.

Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. I sat down with the hiring supervisor, and she explained what they needed in an intern. Two days later, I was offered the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers.

Interview

I was emailed about coming in for an interview, and since I am not currently in New York, we did a 15 minute phone interview. It was a group on the other end of the phone, but everyone was very nice!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge

How would your experience fit for this role?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers in November 2019.

Interview

It began with a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter missed our original phone call and rescheduled for a few days later. About an hour later I was scheduled with a video conference with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The process was overall normal. Macmillan is interesting because I've never had a phone screening for a position; they just invite you to come in. I had an in-person interview directly with the hiring manager. The interview was fine. I didn't hear back for 4 weeks and didn't get the job. Then I got a call from the imprint that I'd interviewed for, and the manager told me why I was rejected. As much as I respect that they got back to me, I would have preferred a simple email. When people get a call it gets their hopes up and it definitely got mine up. I'm fine with getting rejected--it's part of the publishing industry. But it sucks to get a call thinking it could be good news.

Publicity Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers in August 2019.

Interview

It all started off well! I had a phone interview and was told I would hear back in a week. Then a month passed, and even with a few follow-up emails, no one ever got back to me. Some advice: everyone who's interviewed, at the very least, deserves a rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Conversation type interview. Said they would let me know about a decision. after a few weeks of waiting I decided to called HR and emailed the interviewer since he gave me his card to find out about where they were at with decision. All i was told was position was filled. Received an email 6 weeks later that I didn't get it

Interview Questions

• Questioned about past experiences from resume, but not really about yourself   Answer Question

Editorial Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview was organised via e-mail by somebody in HR. Somebody from the editorial department (who was to become my. supervisor when I got the internship) spoke with me over the telephone since I was not located in New York. This was a rather informal interview. She asked me why I was interested in publishing, what I was reading, if I could walk her through my CV, etc. She then told me about the job and asked if I had any questions. After the interview, I was asked to turn in a sample reader's report of a manuscript submission.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Submitted app and I got contacted by the editors themselves to meet them for an interview. It was very casual! At the end they asked me to read a manuscript.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macmillan Publishers (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Casual but serious. I interviewed in person because I happen to live in New York. (Previously, for a separate Macmillan interview, I was interviewed over the phone because I was away at college.)

My interviewer asked me a lot about my previous experience. I appreciated my interviewer's efforts to get to know me during the interview, and to allow me to ask a lot of questions about the imprint and the internship. I think it was expected that I be at least somewhat familiar with the imprint's backlist, bestsellers, and current titles. I think it's important they hear your ability to talk about books.

Interview Questions

• What books do you like to read?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand what kind of imprint we are? (Or something along those lines)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.