Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated 12 Feb 2016

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

behavioral questions then situations..if u have worked in stores then u can definetely answer all their questions its not that tough..just be yourself...don't lie or make up fake questions in your mind

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX (US)).

Interview

pretty swift interview not anything surprising, its a typical process but be proactive about scheduling an interview the HR can forget about you. If you want this job just be enthusiastic, if you want the full 9.25$ pay check apply as full time other wise it will be less as half time.

Interview Questions

• why are you applying to Macy's   1 Answer

Fitting Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the HR department about 15 minutes early. I wore nice jeans with a basic black tee and a blazer. The person I was originally supposed to interview with wasn't there, so one of the managers interviewed me so I didn't have to wait. Everyone was really nice. The entire interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. They offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Explain a time you received good customer service? What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something wrong? Describe a time you worked with a group to achieve a task and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Visual Safety Officer Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with 5 direct questions related to your awareness of your surroundings. A follow-up call came within 24 hours after successful passage of a background check. The follow-up call provided me with information pertaining to orientation schedule. The interview was very detailed and quick.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you responded to a suspicious activity either in your personal or professional life.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Humble, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was great actually, my interview was super sweet and she made me feel welcomed and was not intimidating at all which just felt amazing and made me feel like the interview went that much smoother. And because my interview was so sweet I honestly thought the job would be super awesome.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I do not live in Houston so I made a 3 and a half hour trip the day before. At 7pm I got a call saying they had to cancel my interview due to a visit from corporate. They rescheduled me for next week. Next week comes and the lady that rescheduled me had no idea who I was or why I was there. Another girl was told she was hired and then told they didn't have any open positions. My advice to Macy's is if you cheat someone out of an interview, at least have to curtesy to not waste their time. Especially an internal employee. A simple phone call would have helped. I live 3 and a half hours away and you don't pay me enough to afford that kind of gas money.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to apply for one of our seasonal positions?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an interview request in a couple days. Got the interview the next week. I was asked all the common questions about customer service. I was relaxed. Got to my interview early. Dressed neatly and well-groomed. I did not get hired on the spot like I see all the other people on here doing. I did, however, witness two other people getting hired on the spot while I was in the waiting room. They came out of the interview offices and sat down to wait. Then was told to fill out the highlighted parts of the forms. I did not even get that far. So I was bummed. Still pissed. I was told I was gonna get a call. I doubt I will. So Good luck with Macy's. I will not shop here for sure. The salesperson who was there was friendly, although when I was walking out her colleague was not very friendly so I am glad not to work with people like that.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. She ask around 7 or 8 questions. I reviewed all the question on here and rehearsed before arriving to the interview. The staff in the HR was very nice. One of the older ladies talked to me while I was waiting. I got hired on the spot. I was offered $9.25/hr which was better than my previous job so I said yes. Just hope I can get more than 15-20 hr per week.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a stranger to buy a product your selling?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied in store. The process took me 15 minutes to complete. Got an email after 3 days for interviewing. I had to go through 2 interviews to get the job. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Macys Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was distant and asked scripted questions while she made brief notes on a form. I got the impression she had already made up her mine before she started the interview.

Interview Questions

• Your most challenging assignment.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.