Made Tech Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 23 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Made Tech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Made Tech (Bristol, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

3 stages: - Initial chat with MadeTech Talent Partner to identify the reasons for my career move and what I wanted from it - First stage interview with two software engineers talking about high-level concepts and the work I do - Final interview split into three parts. First and Third part involved talking with a Software Engineer and Tech Lead asking about times in my previous career where I've had to show a variety of skills, as well as some mock scenarios around high-level architecture of a system. Middle part was a pair programming exercise doing a Kata, an example of these can be found in their employee handbook.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Give us a time where you've had a make a difficult decision that has resulted in a comprimise, why did you opt for this solution?
    1 Answer

Made Tech

Application

I interviewed at Made Tech in Apr 2021

Interview

3-stage interview, with an initial phone screening call with the internal talent specialist, then a more detailed discussion with a senior software engineer, followed by a final interview with a senior software engineer and a lead developer and some pair programming with a third developer. The whole process was very smooth insofar as communication and feedback is concerned. The only sticking point, and hence the negative experience, was the lead developer in the final interview. He came across as a bit rude and haughty, with his strange facial expressions and refusal/inability to answer questions I posed (seemed like he'd already made his mind up at that point), and the manner of his questioning left a lot to be desired: he was ambiguous and I had to ask follow-up questions to determine what exactly he was after. His fellow interviewer, the senior software engineer, on the other hand, was excellent and should be commended for the manner in which he conducted himself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Made Tech (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online Screening call with talent acquisition manager First round interview with Market Principle and Delivery Principle Feedback sought from me immediately after interview by talent acquisition manager Feedback phone call with talent acquisition manager Overall - a friendly and respectful process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Made Tech (Manchester, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

I was approached by Made Tech's internal talent team on LinkedIn. After a chat about my experience and career ambitions, I told them that I wanted to apply for the Principal Technologist role on offer as this was where my skills lay. However, due to limited number of positions I was asked to apply for the Lead Software Engineer role instead (albeit reluctantly). I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt given that internal progression was meant to be pretty good. After chatting with the talent manager, I had an initial 30 minute call organised with one of the Lead Software Engineers at Made Tech. There was a mixture of questions around line management experience, agile processes, TDD approaches and willingness to learn new languages and frameworks. Unfortunately I didn't cut the mustard on the basis that a single comment I made during the interview around TDD approach was misconstrued and given no opportunity to clarify what I was trying to get across. I was told by the talent manager that on the basis I had received this piece of bad feedback, Made Tech would not consider moving to the next stage. I'm slightly disappointed that something was taken the wrong way during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Made Tech (Manchester, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Had a informal competency interview over the phone. Then a second video interview (due to covid) which covered technical competency, pairing, mentoring and problem solving. Overall a very quick interview process but very in-depth. Was a great process and very open, with all of the interview process on their github handbook open to all.

Interview Questions
  • Q. Can you describe a time when you gave feedback to someone and how did it go?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Made Tech (London, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

The whole interview process was rushed, the questions were very generic and hyperthetical without considering my actual experience or giving me an opportunity to talk about my wider experience and how it would be beneficial to the role

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a client wanted to remove someone from your team?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Made Tech (London, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview process as quite straightforward, We had a phone call to see if we were aligned and to check my technical knowledge. After that there's the last interview where it's split in three parts: - Asking about how to handle the relationship when working with a team and client - Some software design question - Pairing interview The interviews are good and you don't feel any pressure when doing the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Made Tech

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Made Tech in Nov 2020

Interview

- Online application form with getting-to-know-you questions - Technical assessment - few coding challenges - unlimited time to complete - Phone Interview - general phone screening stage - Assessment Centre I did not progress past the phone interview. And unfortunately did not receive any feedback either. I'm assuming it's because they received a lot of applications for that cohort. I interviewed in mid-November & I had to wait till January to hear about the outcome of the phone interview. The communication from the Recruiter was great, and we were informed about their decision time so that was good.

Interview Questions
  • What programming have you done? And what did you enjoy most about it?

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Made Tech (Manchester, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Started with an initial screen with a recruiter, followed by a half hour semi-technical and general background chat, followed by a 1.5h video interview and paired programming (to which you can get an idea of the sort of tasks available beforehand). Overall was a relatively informal, relaxed and smooth process despite being fully remote. Great communication throughout and I was encouraged to ask questions. All of the people I met were friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy working for Made Tech.

Interview Questions
  • What is one thing you are most proud of accomplishing in your career?

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Made Tech (Manchester, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

I started the process in mid June and completed it in mid August. I filled up an application typeform on the Made Tech website. I then had an introductory phone interview, which then lead to a remote coding test that I had to complete before a deadline. I had to wait for the results, before being invited to a one-day-remote assessment day. On the assessment day, I got to know more about Made Tech and our future colleagues and fellow academy engineers. I also did pair programming throughout the day and had a 45 minute interview, which was divided into two parts: a behavioural/soft skills interview and a code explanation of a piece of code I had written.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews