Madewell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Madewell Interview Questions

Interviews at Madewell

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Overall they rushed you in pretty quickly - expecting you to know the in's and out's. Asking questions is not praised, sell and do your job. Overall they rushed you in pretty quickly - expecting you to know the in's and out's. Asking questions is not praised, sell and do your job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself as a person   1 Answer

Interview

The process as a whole was relatively efficient, friendly and welcoming, and extremely informative. Overall, I had a positive experience in terms of gaining knowledge of expectations, sharing experience and aspirations, and asking questions of responsibilities/day-to-day

Interview Questions

• Q: What transferrable skills would you bring with you to this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, easy and effortless. They were very responsive and timely with the lead up to the interview. The interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to -- definitely one of my most enjoyable and pleasurable interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your fashion inspirations?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy. Some questions about yourself, your ability to engage with customers and to use your intuition for fashion styling and fit. Lots on emphasis on denim (they are a denim company) and your ability to advise customers on their choices. Overall, be yourself and keep it casual, they’ll love that.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Quick response, interview is in depth, you learn more about the company as the manager learns more about you during interview. Interview was very smooth and manager was very kind.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with customer service?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual and nice; sat at the back of the store and talked about basic interview stuff, like style and why I want to work there. The demand for store associates at this specific store was high, so the interview was fairly easy and straightforward.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Manager was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Asked about past customer experience and questions about myself. Bonus question asked to create an outfit for a specific scenario! Overall great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

The interview was on a couch at the back of the store. I had to go to two interviews for this job, so be prepared for the hiring process to take a while. For my first interview, I was with another candidate and we each had to take turns answer the questions. The second interview was a few weeks later, and it was a one-on-one interview. The first interview had more of a focus on what we knew about the company and fashion in general, but there were a few questions about ourselves. The second interview was more questions about my work experience and why I thought I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think our competitors are?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied at one location, got referred to another. Interview process took about 1-2 weeks. I scheduled an in person interview, and they got back to me 4-5 days after. I accepted the job offer via phone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

I was invited into the store for an in-person interview. The manager did not mention ahead of time that it would be a group interview, with another candidate being interviewed with me. I would've appreciated knowing this up front, and it did not leave me wanting to work for them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.