Manchester Airports Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Manchester Airports Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Manchester Airports Group

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group (Manchester, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Three stage process:
    1) Phone Interview - This lasts for atleast half an hour depending on what the roles entails and they usually look for the suitability of the role for that candidate.
    2) Technical Test - This would last between 30 - 45 minutes depending on how quickly you can solve the problem.
    3) Face to face - Wasn't taken to this stage.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a simple technical test for them using MVC.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group (Nottingham, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, assessment centre which consisted of interview with HR and a member of the team and a group work which involved a presentation on the airport customer service aspects.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group (Manchester, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Online application
    Phone interview
    Face to face interview with test

No feedback even given for the interview despite being told this as well as it being on their website! Also rang a few times and left a message but never called back....avoiding me perhaps?

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group.

Interview

Video interview which lasted 20 minutes, dependant on answers given, giving a very relaxing feeling and no pressure/ knowledge test/face to face interview with manager on the role and about myself

Senior Quantity Surveyor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group in March 2017.

Interview

Contact by MAG HR and was invited for interview within 2/3 weeks. Procurement Manager and HR was in the interview going through competencies based interview concentrated on procurement experiences OJEU and pre-contract experiences also managerial skills.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group (Manchester, England) in January 2015.

Interview

It was like I was being interrogated, and asked unreasonable questions that didn't matter. I would not apply for this job again it was not a pleasant experience as I was put under unnecessary pressure and made to feel paranoid

Security Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group.

Interview

Online application form submission,
    Telephone screening,
    Case study group presentation,
    Behavior and value based interview,

Poor communication throughout the process.
    Dates given for contact regarding telephone screening and interview preparation were not adhered to with no explanation given. Both recruiting manager and MAG HR department did not answer e mails when i tried to chase up.
    There were 5 members of management involved in the process, not one of them introduced themselves at any point!
    Interview was quite a lifeless event, no icebreaker no option to ask any questions, interviewer kept looking at his watch as though he had to be somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a team members performance who had recently started to under-perform in their role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stansted, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group (Stansted, South East England, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Laid back there was four of us on that particular time slot in the afternoon .the whole process was fast , very smooth and seamless.Very friendly interviewers and managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a security officer? Describe a time when you spotted a customer or colleague do something wrong? Describe a time when you have had to quickly adopt to change? Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer/ exceeded their expectations ? If a passenger refused a body search what would you do?
      There was also a role play exercise which involved a passenger who didn’t want to be searched.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group (Manchester, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview and checking of documents, ID, work history, etc Interviewed with group of other people all allocated different time slots. New system of interview questions used all based on STAR technique. You need to be able to discuss a specific situation/task and how you dealt with it in order to demonstrate skills required for the job. They go to great lengths to make sure the interview environment is relaxed and friendly. Everyone who was interviewed alongside me looked supremely confident but be in no doubt they are just as nervous as you inside!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you introduced a new initiative   1 Answer
    • When you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manchester Airports Group (Manchester, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent cv, got a call within 2 weeks, interview scheduled for week after, got some documents sent by email to prepare the interview (mainly x-ray test related), started with a group exercise, then 1:1, x-ray test, and when passed we were taken to another room where our documents and references (5year employment) were checked. Most people who didn’t pass the test were offered another role within customer service department

Interview Questions

• Do you know what MAG values are?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.