Mandara Graduate Junior Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Mandara

2.5

Graduate Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandara (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I sent CV through and then was invited to an assessment centre. AC involves normal intelligence tests (figuring out the next number or letter by the underlying order, logical tests of figures), standing up answering easy arithmetic questions, and then VOICE trading games. With a group of fewer than 10 candidates, the trader expected us to show true market-making skills through trading games. We are encouraged to shout at and attack each other. These pit trading games are out of date, badly designed and carried out, and they failed to examine candidates' real abilities.

They did not introduce the company or ask questions about the oil and energy market at the AC stage. The company culture truly presents itself through their recruiting process.

It was one of the worst experience ever. I hold a negative outlook on this trading firm.

Profit-orientation != Bad manner and ethics

Interview Questions

• What's the letter after a, e, j, q ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mandara

Graduate Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandara (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Following an application online I was invited to an assessment centre at Mandara's London offices. Unfortunately expenses are not paid.

There were 5 candidates at the assessment centre, and the day consisted of several aptitude tests - sequences, mental maths etc., all pretty standard. These were followed by a pit trading game, for which the instructions were unclear and remained unclear whilst attempting to play the game. Three traders were brought in to oversee this game and as many other reviews have pointed out, we were encouraged to be more aggressive with our trading. One trader even stormed out during the game - very unprofessional to say the least. The whole game was poorly thought through and unfortunately none of the candidates progressed through to the final interview stage.

I would have appreciated more attentiveness during the day. There was no opportunity to find out more about the company and the programme itself.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.