Market Traders Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Market Traders Institute Interview Questions

Interviews at Market Traders Institute

2.7

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone screen by an HR person, with some situational questions and background-related questions. Then, a second phone interview with the director. He seemed nice and knowledgeable. His questions were more in-depth and focused on background experience. They have a fast-paced, agile technical environment with more than one technology stack. Overall, the experience was pleasant and everyone seemed very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the past where you led an important project through uncertain times.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute (Orlando, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call after applying online the date 2/21/2017 at 17:17 and at 17:25 Eastern Time. The lady recruiter spoke so fast that I couldn’t catch up her name. First question was finding out my current employment status, in my case is a very complex situation where the company is about to close and all employees were laid off but there is not a formal termination of contract.
    This lady treat me almost like a delinquent, she started inquiring that I was lying, I felt something like I assume an innocent person might feel in an interrogation room in the police. She continues speaking so fast and continuing inferring that I was lying. I tried to explain my weird employment situation the best I could.
    The conversation end with her telling me literally this: “you have changed your story so much times, that you cannot longer be considered for the position”, excuse me lady, I didn’t know I was under criminal investigation. I smiled and hung up the phone. In all my years of experience I never experienced something similar.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute in March 2016.

Interview

Let's see, where do we start? I've interviewed not once, not twice but four different times with this company. Why, you might ask? The recruiter thought that I may be a "perfect" fit for four different positions. Needless to say after interviewing with them twice in the same week at their location in Lake Mary.

For the first interview, I interviewed with nearly their entire marketing department for an hour for a fairly simple position within their department. Well after driving to their location in Lake Mary, they decided to bring me in again during the same week for another face to face interview with two other marketing managers for another position they thought I might be qualified for. This company couldn't possibly care less about your time. When interviewing, their concern was less candidates declining job opportunities with them based on their online reputation. As unorganized as they are in the interview process with multiple reschedules, no follow-up and unprepared nature, you should apply elsewhere.

For the most recent interview, the phone call was late. The interviewer apologized for the call and expressed that he was unprepared because he was leaving a meeting. He then offered to follow up for an in person interview, but never did. Additionally, two days later after the "interview" (if that's what you would like to call it), I received a generic email for a job rejection for an interview that honestly didn't really happen.

After exercising much patience with this company, I urge you to read the rest of the reviews that read similar to mine. Market Traders Institute is horribly unorganized and should not remain in business.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 10, how familiar are you with Google Adwords?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute (Lake Mary, FL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a verbal referral and submitted a web application. I was called for a phone interview and asked common questions, which I answered to the best of my ability, drawing upon past experience and metaphors when appropriate. Based upon this interview, my resume and the referral, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when youre required to work with a team to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute (Lake Mary, FL (US)).

Interview

Simple and straight forward. I was referred by a former director of the company and received a call from the department manager at the time. Scheduled meeting him the next day and we spoke for about an hour. Experience and background related questions. Some scenario questions. Received a call from HR the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How are your skills applicable to the current job opening?   Answer Question

Front End Closer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter based phone interview, then the trainer calls to screen for personal interviews. Then in the personal interview an extraordinary amount of people walk in and out for about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• They mostly spoke about themselves.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute in May 2013.

Interview

They will hire you because they going to fire others and the tables turns
    and they will ask if I want the job how can I improve their sales and their marketing ideas. but then they don't buy it because "they know better"

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute (Lake Mary, FL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Caroline, the recruiter was awesome. Then I met with 3 of the sales managers for a panel interview. The process was very informative and the leaders were just as concerned with my questions as they were in asking me some. The entire interview lasted about an hour. This. Was after an initial phone screen which went over several relavent aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you perform relative to recent sales goals you set for yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute in February 2013.

Interview

It was a lenghty process that asked about books I read, what i like to do for hobbies, work experience and schooling, where i see my self in the company

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market Traders Institute (Lake Mary, FL (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was two interview process and they called me the same day as the second interview to ask for references and made the decision to offer me the job after that. Both interviews were very laid back the first one very technical and the second more about personality.

Interview Questions

• What job environment would you not be comfortable in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't need to really negotiate, offer letter was standard.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.