Marks & Spencer Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marks & Spencer Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions

2.4

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Peterborough, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Had an online application in three parts. You start with a basic test about what you would do and they reccomend if you should persue the application further. From this you have a question form and a basic test,you have to complete a personality form and another on line test which puts you in the situation.

When being interviewed it was a one on one interview. It was brilliant. We dived in straight away with a role play where I had to advise the customer of what vegetarian meals they could buy because the butternut squash was out of stock. Prior to this i was given a set of sheets to take notes on, I had to pay attention to the requirements - such as offering add-ons throughout. After that, which went really well another manager came in to ask me some basic questions about how accessible I am and why I want to work at M&S. I was given a job then and there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I had to do a role play which involved a 'real life' scenario. My one was asking me to sell men's shirts that were on promotion to a customer and I then had to then try and upsell some cuff links in a related offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online which was a really simple, easy process. Got confirmation almost immediately that I had passed the initial online stage and was given a time and date for the next week for an interview.
    On the day of the interview I went to the customer service desk and within minutes a member of staff came to collect me. I was taken to a small room upstairs and was given a number of laminated sheets with information on goods, whether they were in stock etc., promotions, online was offered the job on the spot, however upon options and the like. I was given 5 minutes to read through. Then another lady came in to take notes and the role play started with a member of staff playing a customer who was planning a dinner party for that evening. Be very enthusiastic and personable, smile a lot and make direct eye contact, apologise for any items which are not in stock and try and add new items to their order.
    After that a manger will ask you some questions, make sure you prepare them to give a good, confident answer.

Interview Questions

I was offered the job on the spot however looking through the shift patterns they had available none were for the one I had applied for and it turned out that the contract didn't start for over another month. I had asked about this before the interview on the M&S insiders website and was told it wouldn't be a problem. As I was returning to uni in the autumn it wasn't going to work.
    However the interview experience itself was good. Just check if you're looking for summer work that you know the shift pattern and starting date to avoid wasting your time.

Anonymous Employee in Camberley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Camberley, England) in December 2015.

Interview

I had to fill in an online application and I was excepted they offered me an interview . In the interviewI had to do role play. I had to recommend clothes and shoes . The woman was really nice and I was successful but unfortunately I didn't get the job because the training date wasn't good for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Croydon, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face meeting. The interview wasn't too hard, but the role was only temporary and to take it I would not have been able to apply for other roles or attend interviews, so unfortunately even though the role looked great I couldn't take it.

Interview Questions

• Describe what makes a good customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Worthing, East of England, England) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on line, the process was quite straight forward. I had to complete a numeracy & literacy test & also a series of questions about customer service. I was asked to attend a face to face interview a few days later, where I completed a role play activity & had a chat with 2 Managers.

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Sheffield, England) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and filled in the usual scenario questions which took about 20minutes to complete, after which I was then told I was successful and had to chance to book a face to face interview.

When I arrived at the store for my interview I went to the desk within the simply foods section and mention that I was there for my interview. The lady was lovely and presented me with a visitors badge and led me to the staff room. I was offered a drink and was told that someone would come and fetch me.
    A lady from management later arrived and took me to a small side room where there was another lady. They taked to me about what would be happening in the interview and we're very friendly.
    After a quick chat we started a role play activity of which they gave me 30mins to prepare in the room on my own and gave me paper and pensils to use along with information about the delivery times for marks and spencers and some photos of swimming costumes and products that were on offer at the time.
    Both ladies entered the room again after giving me time to prepare and one made notes in the corner about my performance while the other pretended to be a customer trying to find a certain swimming costume for her daughter. They wanted me to offer online delivery and to up sell the sun cream that was on offer.
    After the role play exercise that I had passed a man came in to the room and we had a sit down interview with simple experience in questions:

When have I had to prioritise and why?

Why do I want to work for marks and spencers?

Was told I had to job afterwards.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that I found myself in a challenging situation and how did I over come it?

When have I had to prioritise and why?

Why do I want to work for marks and spencers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

very quick after an online application, interview was four days later, online was questions about how you would react to various situations you might come across in a store, with multiple choice eg what would you do if a customer was shouting at your colleague, or if a product was out of stock

Interview Questions

• what makes good customer service, I failed as i wasn;'t enthusiastic enough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

this interview was my first ever interview. I was scared going into it although the person taking it was so friendly which helped calm my nerves. This really helped me settle before the informal interview. The interview was more about getting to know me and my opinions more so than formal questions. I found the person taking the interview easy to talk to which really helped. it was a calm atmosphere

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in August 2014.

Interview

It's very much straight forward
    Online application form with real time video questions following in-store interview following a role play following interview with manager same day. You don't waste your time and energy for an interview process. And the best is you don't need to wait for result for ages. You got to know straight after whether you have been selected or not.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.