Marks & Spencer Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Customer Service Assistant

Marks & Spencer Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2018

2.6

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in June 2018.

Interview

I went through a ‘ taster day ‘ with getting into marks and spencers. I was quiet nervous at first but it really was a good day there was some team building excerises then a little interview at the end which I didn’t think I done very good

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

The interview was fairly relaxed. It included a situational role play exercise, in which you had to respond to a certain situation that may occur while you are at work

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Interview

Was 15 minutes late so I was already nervous and stressed out. Did the role play and it was absolutely horrendous! I had no Idea what I was doing and was put on the spot and kept waffling on. Basically I didn't get the job .

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

I Had an interview with two managers and was told to role play a situation where I had to up sell to a customer who was zebra blouse. Also i had to explain a time when I was put under pressure and how I overcame it.

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in November 2017.

Interview

10 minute role play. The interviewer plays a customer looking for a jacket. In my scenario the jacket was in stock so it was mainly about the way you speak to the customer, trying to be as helpful as possible and talk about the current promotions after they have made a decided to buy the jacket or not. Information is provided about promotion etc to read before the role play starts and you can use it during too. You then get a form to fill in asking what you would have done differently. After that I was expecting some form of interview but she told me I had passed, then just asked about my availability. She said that there wern't any available positions at that time but will call me when one opens up.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

I applied online for customer assistant: beauty. I was sent an email saying i have to do an assessment which was made of 25 questions and then personality questionnaire. I passed them both so they then sent an email asking me to come in store for an interview. First, i was interviewed by the manager asking me basically general questions, followed by a role play which i had to do with one of the staff pretending to be the customer and myself staff working there while the manager took down notes of how i did. I passed both the interview and the role play and was offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions

• 1. How you got here today?
      2. Availability/ flexibility?
      3. Pass experiences?
      3. Why you want to work for M&S?
      4. Describe in your own words what is good customer service?
      5. Describe a time received good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in August 2017.

Interview

Simple

On line introductory process, combining personality test and situational multiple choice. Have to book an interview slot once confirmed has passed. Need to act quickly as only limited number of slots. Interview the following day which consisted of a role play and a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions I was asked are covered really well on this site - based around M and S 4 I's. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teesside County Borough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Teesside County Borough, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of some selling role plays where the interviewee is required to upsell, encourage the customer to look at offers, and ensure that their experience is positive. This is followed by a short interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer acted as a customer trying to organise a dinner party, explaining dietary requirements and the party number and the interviewee has to demonstrate they can cater to their needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cambridge, East of England, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Leading to the interview there was an online senario test that required a lot of time. I passed this and was offered an interview the following week.
    On arrival I was greeted by a member of staff who showed me where to go and was fairly friendly. The interview consisted of a role play where an item was out of stock and how you as an assistant would deal with that. After that I was told I had completed that part of the assessment and the manager would be coming to interview me further. I had to wait a while in a room for him to arrive. This interview took around 15 minutes asking many of the questions others had previously discussed.
    The previous interview came back in and told me I was successful and had passed the interview. I filled out a uniform sheet and an availability sheet and was told that they would be in contact again within the week.
    However 4 days later I received a call from the interviewer and was told that even though I was successful and they would love to have me in the store there wasn't any vacancies for me!! I would be kept on the record for 6 months if any positions did arise. Very confused as to why I was told I was successful and filled out a uniform request or why they even ran interviews when there were no jobs to be had?

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.