Marks & Spencer Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Mar 2018

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

I applied online. The online process took me around an hour. On the next day I was invited for an interview. I had to bring my ID, National insurance card, etc. The interview was really nice the recruitment team is very friendly. They asked me basic questions like why M&S, why do we need to hire, what's make an unique candidate, about Plan A.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Stratford, London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

After the online process they will invite you in for an interview. In the interview there will be a role play where you will help a customer. You will be given a few pages of products and information about the imaganiry company. the interviewer will ask they are looking for a product; this will be on one of the pages (beware it maybe out of stock). after this there is another process involving a one to one interview, dont forget the 4 Is of Marks and Spencers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you inspired someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Sheffield, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Went ok or do I thought had role play passed and went to have interview with manager asked questions and kept saying good answer, brilliant and also asked me what department I wanted to go on. So I was quite confident. At the end she told me she was going to let me know by the end of next week. The next day I received a email saying I wasn't successful was a bit shocked to say the least, the day after I rang the recruitment team and spoke to a lady who was very apologetic and said that's not the way we do it and told me I should have been told at the end of the interviewing i was unsuccessful and said she would get a manager to ring me. The manager who interviewed me did ring me and criticised all my answers, I asked why she didn't tell me that I wasn't successful at the end of the interview and told her that the lady in recruitment had told me that's not the way we do. She answered yes it is and i will speak to the lady concerned, there obviously been a lack of communication somebody should have rung you. I expected more from marks and Spencer feel really let down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bromley, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Successfully completed that and done a role play test online which was very straight forward. I then got invited for an interview straight away for the following week. My interview was very sour with the interviewee barely saying hello. I then got left too fill out a basic form name,experience,availability etc. I was then put onto the shop floor where I was assessed on customer interaction. Baring in mind I had no knowledge of the department and didnt have a uniform on so nobody approached me. We then returned upstairs where I had too fill out a form about what went well, if I could do it again etc. She didnt even read it and simply said we couldnt proceed with the interview as I wasnt good enough.

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leicester, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a very friendly manner and as always there was a role play. It was an easy interview to pass and shouldn't be anything worrying for a person

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Online applications had a questionaire which was fairly simple and took an hour of my time. The response was immediate and got to book in an interview almost immediately. On the day of my interview I done a role play with the interviewer about helping a customer shop for a dinner party. Background information was given about 10mins before the role play, you got to remember what food is in stock and what isn't, also a good replacement for those that are out of stock. The role play was fairly basic as well and wasn't too difficult. Once it was completed and they liked you they would offer you your preferred shifts.

Interview Questions

• Can you help me find peppers?( it is not in stock)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dorking, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorking, England).

Interview

Questionnaires online before a face to face interview. Face to face interview with one person who then did a role play with me. General questions afterwards. Offered a job but it the one that I applied for

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Walsall, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Questions asked about yourself for example ‘how have you inspired someone? Then I was left in the room alone with a deck of cards to read and decide on the A or B answer and explain why!

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Online pre-screening which involved situational questions with multiple choice answers on how you would respond.
    2. If you pass the pre-screening, then you get to apply for specific vacancies.
    3. One-to-one in-person interview
    4. Job offer

Interview Questions

• They set up a role play where they leave the room for 5 minutes and when they return they are a customer who needs help. You have to act out how you would react in this situation.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.