Marks & Spencer Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Oct 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dorking, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorking, England).

Interview

Questionnaires online before a face to face interview. Face to face interview with one person who then did a role play with me. General questions afterwards. Offered a job but it the one that I applied for

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Walsall, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Questions asked about yourself for example ‘how have you inspired someone? Then I was left in the room alone with a deck of cards to read and decide on the A or B answer and explain why!

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Stratford, London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

After the online process they will invite you in for an interview. In the interview there will be a role play where you will help a customer. You will be given a few pages of products and information about the imaganiry company. the interviewer will ask they are looking for a product; this will be on one of the pages (beware it maybe out of stock). after this there is another process involving a one to one interview, dont forget the 4 Is of Marks and Spencers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you inspired someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Sheffield, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Went ok or do I thought had role play passed and went to have interview with manager asked questions and kept saying good answer, brilliant and also asked me what department I wanted to go on. So I was quite confident. At the end she told me she was going to let me know by the end of next week. The next day I received a email saying I wasn't successful was a bit shocked to say the least, the day after I rang the recruitment team and spoke to a lady who was very apologetic and said that's not the way we do it and told me I should have been told at the end of the interviewing i was unsuccessful and said she would get a manager to ring me. The manager who interviewed me did ring me and criticised all my answers, I asked why she didn't tell me that I wasn't successful at the end of the interview and told her that the lady in recruitment had told me that's not the way we do. She answered yes it is and i will speak to the lady concerned, there obviously been a lack of communication somebody should have rung you. I expected more from marks and Spencer feel really let down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bromley, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Successfully completed that and done a role play test online which was very straight forward. I then got invited for an interview straight away for the following week. My interview was very sour with the interviewee barely saying hello. I then got left too fill out a basic form name,experience,availability etc. I was then put onto the shop floor where I was assessed on customer interaction. Baring in mind I had no knowledge of the department and didnt have a uniform on so nobody approached me. We then returned upstairs where I had too fill out a form about what went well, if I could do it again etc. She didnt even read it and simply said we couldnt proceed with the interview as I wasnt good enough.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

I applied online. The online process took me around an hour. On the next day I was invited for an interview. I had to bring my ID, National insurance card, etc. The interview was really nice the recruitment team is very friendly. They asked me basic questions like why M&S, why do we need to hire, what's make an unique candidate, about Plan A.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.