Marks & Spencer Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marks & Spencer Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jun 2018

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview was a role play which had two scenarios - firstly to simulate dealing with a customer on the sales floor and then trying to maximise upsell opportunities

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in May 2017.

Interview

Online based assessment, which is good and useful that you are told immediately if you are successful.
    On the day of the interview, I was signed in by a member of staff who was lovely and very welcoming. The manager came and got me and I was shown into the canteen. 'someone will be with you in a minute'. I was left waiting for quite a while. 15-20 minutes. The interviewing manager eventually came but went over to other members of staff and started talking about how the cafe had just failed an inspection because the equipment was filthy and members of staff didn't know how to store milk properly or make certain coffees!
    Anyway, eventually got to my interview. She started asking questions. I asked about the role play. Was told she doesn't do them if she's too busy.
    Questions were based on the 4I's so look those up before you go.
    'give me an example of when you have used integrity'
    'give me an example of when you have inspired someone'
    Make sure you emphasise that m&s is a luxury brand and offers a luxury experience as this is what the company is going for.
    Absolutely hate interviews anyway and this one was no different.
    Took them nearly 2 months to ring me and let me know I didn't get it (which by this point, I already knew) and to this day my online application says 'pending, someone will contact you shortly'

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in October 2016.

Interview

role play and asks series of questions about your customer service experience. role play involves been asked to sell to a member of the interview team. you will be given information to prepare for some few minutes and you will have to remember names of products. you will be asked past experience on customer service role

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this role   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Nottingham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Two part interview. A 10 minute role play (which was fully explained) followed by a 30min or so interview with one person from HR and a section Manager

Anonymous Employee in Exmouth, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Exmouth, England) in June 2017.

Interview

you have to pass loads of questions and customer focused senarios on line to pass the first hurdle of getting an interview. Limited Interview spaces mean you have to apply as early as possible. You book your interview slot on line. You then have a face to face interview in store which as well as a standard talking interview also includes role play which is focused on your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• why I wanted to work for them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bexhill, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bexhill, England) in March 2018.

Interview

application, online test, interview with a roleplay, result. Really nice manager and the interviewer as well. The best part of the whole application process is that you get an immediate feedback, I got a feedback that I passed the interview stage, but they need to see other candidates first as they might fit the role better, I was told to expect a call in 3 days and 3 days later I got the call telling that I got accepted. Try to think of examples when you were innovative, inspirational.... and at the roleplay be yourself and try to look at the bigger picture of the customer wants, make sure you solve their problem and do not start laughing it is a roleplay, but you get marked based on it.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview then went to a one to one screening. This involved situational questions and role play. The whole process was easy if you had done your research so make sure you do.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in January 2018.

Interview

Arrived early. Went to the reception and told them about my interview. They ask for some sort of Id to check you in as a visitor (used a passport) Got taken along to the canteen and waited a while before meet one of the managers who conducted the interview which last around 20 minutes for the 1st part which is the regular interview questions and pretty straightforward which the previous fellow applicants have provided and are accurate (June 2018).
    It was the2nd par of the interview which let me down which was the role play scenario. You are given 10 minutes to read the background of the scenario where you are working in a customer advisor role you applied for and you have to read and prepare for any upcoming situation which may occur. Unfortunately I didn’t not finish reading the materials on time and adapted as best I could before I could regain my composure. In my case, it was a customer looking to host a dinner party for her sister and vegetarian husband. I was too focused on the dinner party and suggesting alternative dishes and offers, I was told afterwards I neglected the fact it was for the weekend and I could’ve recommended more items like table spreads, plates etc and further meals.

Overall, it was a disappointing but valuable interview experience for me which I was let down by my own preparation regarding role play and NOT by the marks and Spencer’s interview team.

Interview Questions

• You were to give an example for each of the core values of M&S. the 4 I’s (innovation, inspiration, integrity and in touch.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.