Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Jan 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Norwich, England).

Interview

After going through the online assessment process, I was able to book an interview for the next week.
    I went to the information desk and was greeted by an assistant manager who chatted and took me to the interview room. I was told about the role play activity, and was given about 5 pages of food to look at for the role play. The assessor left the room for 5 minutes, and when she re-entered it began. She asked for a product which was out of stock, and it was my duty to go through any options of phoning other stores, or suggesting alternatives. The role play goes on for about 10 minutes and the assessor is just looking for your customer service skills, and your ability to persuade and sell products. (My advice for this is to just go for it and be confident even if you're not - because realistically if you don't get the job you're never going to see this person again.)
    After this, the assessor left the room to write up her notes, and when she returned she was with the manager. She then asked questions which I have listed below, in a very friendly and nice manner. The interview was very relaxed, and both people made me feel comfortable.
    I was offered the job there and then, and was left to discuss uniform and shift pattern with the assistant manager.
    I have my induction in a couple of weeks!

Graduate-Supply Chain Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in November 2017.

Interview

The application process starts with you filling standard online application, If you meet their minimum criteria you will be sent a link to take part in a verbal and numerical test. If you clear this stage you are sent an invite to participate in a video interview. These are 10 pre-recorded questions and you have to talk to your camera. You get 30 seconds to prepare and maximum of 3 minutes to answer the question. The questions are interesting and being concise and confident will help. I am not comfortable speaking to camera, and therefore messed it :(

Assistant-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was split into two parts:
    1) Role-play
    The interviewer will bring out a few pieces of paper with information about the products available (foods, for example). He/she will pretend to be a customer and you, an employee who is helping this customer. Basically, he/she will ask you to deal with different scenarios that could occur on the shop floor. Just be confident and friendly.

2) Question and answer
    Another interviewer will come in to ask you general questions about why you want to work in the company and other formalities.

Everyone is generally quite nice.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

there was a role play where you pretend to be working and attending to a customer(a current worker, probably the manager) and you are accessed based on your communication skills, coordination, language, body language and enthusiasm as well as your knowledge of their current products.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in June 2013.

Interview

I had a face to face interview then afterwards there was a practical interview on the shop floor - which involved packing customers bags, talking to the customers and askimg them questions.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Aberdeen, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

Was invited to an interview and was told there would be a role play involved.

Started with the role play. I was given 5 sheets of paper and instructions. The interviewer left the room and I had 5 minutes to prepare (I was playing the role of sales assistant and the interviewer was playing the role of customer).

Once she entered the room I again, I had to deal with her enquires. She wanted butternut squash, but according to the sheets it was out of stock. I therefore recommended alternatives (which were listed on one of the sheets). This process went on for about 10 minutes.

After that, I got the job! Didn't even get an interview. I must have been that good.

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Edinburgh, Scotland) in December 2017.

Interview

They started with allowing me 5 mins to prepare for the 'Role Play', then the interviewer came in acting like a customer and we carried out the role play. (she wanted a pumpkin but we had none in so I had to suggest alternatives). The main thing here is to apologise for the unavailability of the stock and UPSELL. So suggest other options and pair them with something else e.g. I said sweet potato and also said for her dinner we had a great offer of a starter main and dessert for £10 or something like that. You are given sheets at the start so you know what is on offer.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and completed a multiple choice questionnaire. Once that was successful I got sent an email to pick a time slot for an interview with the manager. This included a role play and formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for m&s?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bedford, England) in November 2017.

Interview

asking six situation based question. the questions were quite long and detailed. very specific situation. respond was needed very quickly. interviewer was writing down the answers and later marked them. you have to be prepared for this kind of interview.

Interview Questions

• describe one situation where you showed team work made the work more easily and helped the entire team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Around 30-40 minutes. Spilt into two parts, the 1st is a basic get to know you and your plan, followed by role specific questions. The second is a role-play where you are given a list of information on products and the interviewer will play the role of a customer which you will help advise.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coveney, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Coveney, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Asked to do a role play where the interviewer asks for help.Before roleplay you have time to write down notes of prices and delivery options etc and ask a couple of questions and then a manager comes in and asks a couple of questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.