Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jul 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

-Online application
    -Interview- first part of the interview included manager asking general questions. Second part of the interview was a role-play where I was given 10 minutes to study beforehand

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Had to go through online application process and then have an in store role play activity and interview. Role play involved acting out as if a customer had entered wanting a specific type of jacket which was out of stock in that store, you were given sheets of information and asked how would you deal with the situation

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a situation when you disagreed with someone but you still overcame that disagreement?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Online video and then interview. The interview was very relaxed and comfortable, however apparently i wasn't empathetic enough in the role play and didn't warm up to the customer as necessary and for this reason failed the interview which i felt was a bit harsh

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in June 2018.

Interview

Basic. Lasted an hour which included role play. After the role play was taken to the shop floor were i was with a team member sorting out the shelved. was also told to read the meal deals and what the items ment. After this it was a 1:1 with the manager asking basic questions.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in April 2018.

Interview

Applied Online, Booked an interview date based on my location.
    Interview Process was straight to the point. Question- Answer session first took place then Roleplay session was done after all in the same day. Spanned about an hour

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Typically an interview with two members of staff. Common features include scenario based questions (role play), where one interviewer will act as an customer looking for a particular item for a particular occasion. You are provided with a sheet containing items in stock and potential replacements for out of stock products.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A women looking for a gift for her husband's 50th birthday.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Interview

Interview with questions such as “tell me about a time when you had to work as a part of a team”... then a role play where you need to sell something to a very demanding customer.

Anonymous Employee in Merry Hill, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Merry Hill, England) in August 2017.

Interview

It was sort of chilled and they were friendly. The questions were a little bit hard as in you had to think a bit but if you go in prepared then it should be fine!

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

5 short answer questions followed by longer answer questions about your skills and qualities such as when is a time you showed integrity. This was then followed by a roleplay scenario.
    Both of the ladies interviewing me were absolutely lovely and put me at ease.

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Watford, East of England, England) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and passed the initial stage of the online assessment after which I had to book a slot where I could come in for a more formal interview. I went in the next day and I was asked to participate in a role play, interview, and meet a member of staff, then I was told to outline my availability and that they would be in touch after a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why M&S and what can you offer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.