Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 21 Feb 2018

2.6

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

Applied online. Had to complete loads of online scenario tests and personality tests. Went to the store and got asked basic questions about my experience, team work examples and why I would be good for the role. You must be flexible.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England).

Interview

Easy, one to one interview. Given a piece of paper to prepare (5-7 minutes) for interview. Asked about products and services and if a product is out of stock what you are going to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

I completed an online application and was invited for an interview the following week. I was greeted by a member of staff who took me into a room and said the manager would interview me shortly. I waited around 20 minutes for the manager and he looked at me and sighed before even saying hello. He then asked me to give examples of the 4 i's, I used experiences from my old job and school, he didnt seem happy with any of these answers and made a few cheeky comments. When he asked about my previous job as a sports coach he informed me that this wasn't infact a real job. He was completely rude and unproffesional.

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Really easy. Referred by friend and it was just a few simple questions about me and my experiences. Some stores seem to do it more in depth, but it was pretty simple.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England).

Interview

Two people interviewing. Relatively tough questions on previous experience, situational type scenarios. Bit cold, not thoroughly prepared in terms of what the job required and overly proud of brand. Whole office & interview felt v sterile & corporate. Didn't like questions about future outlook, despite it obv being a challenge. Have had zero feedback since!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester City Centre, England).

Interview

After you have found a job you would like to apply for, first stage is to complete an online test which takes around an hour. If you pass this then you can book an interview slot at the store. Mine was in 4 days time. Here you first have a role play, where you are the sales assistant at a pretend store (basically m&s with a different name) and you are left for 5mins with a load of information about it. Someone then comes in pretending to be a customer and has a problem, they are testing you can use the information to solve it and to be FRIENDLY. Someone else is watching and making notes. If you pass this you then have an interview with the manager. I was then put in hold as my job had already been filled, but i was called and given a new role within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have inspired someone   Answer Question
    • Give an example of what good customer service looks like, and when you last received it at m&s.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

I did an online assessment which was fairly easy, straight forward questions. The interview was a role play where I had to pretend I was a customer assistant and one of the interviewers was a customer. They have you lots of information to work with but apparently I didn’t ask the ‘customer’ enough questions, so make sure to always ask lots of questions .

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Brighton, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Basic information collected through an online form. Only giving you two options for last work.
    A fairly length quiz to determine if your feel it would be the correct job for you, which is fair enough.
    20 online questions role play need speakers on computer, and answer multiple choice.
    Then got automatically invited for interview. Booked all online. Taken into the managers office, went through questionnaire with her. They I was told I would be informed either way.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Stratford, London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I passed the online assessment which included personality questions. I then had an interview the next week in store . Before I even had the interview and role play I was told that all the positions were taken for the job I applied for(Sales Assistant). They could have contacted me to say that there were no positions left. Instead I had a wasted journey and even though I went through the interview process they had already made their minds up. No wonder M&S is going downhill if they can't even get their communication right with a potential recruit. This has been a very disappointing and disheartening experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you inspired someone. (Look up the 4 i's)   Answer Question

Cafe Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

Split up into two parts; the first consisting of a role play where you must assist a customer and then with a manager you are asked about your previous job experience and how you would contribute to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and offered me the role instantly after the interview.