Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Sep 2018

2.6

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bromley, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Very basic, not many questions, just document check.

Interview Questions

• Online questions about customer care   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester, England).

Interview

Really easy process - a short online form, followed by a telephone interview the following working day and an interview a couple of days later. I was told I got the job the same day, so it took exactly a week from submitting an application to actually confirming I'd gotten the job. Both the recruitment colleagues I dealt with were really lovely and down to earth as was the manager who interviewed me. After the interview had finished I got a tour of the building I'd be working in which was really nice!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had completed a piece of work and wished you had done something differently   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had met a difficult target   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about something that you like from another retail store (not M&S) that sets it apart in a the market   Answer Question
    • What does the brand of M&S mean to you?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

Their HR team was very quick at organizing the interview. Make sure you know about their values! They asked a question about each one of the values and how you have showed these values before at work

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Athens (Greece)) in January 2013.

Interview

Two people were asking me questions about my previous job, my pros and cons, my academic background as well as my Erasmus experience. They seemed to really care about my experience abroad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your erasmus experience and the fact that you had to deal with different nationalities.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and personal interview. 2 rounds Phone interview and personal interview, once by Hr and once by departmental manager. Phone interview and personal interview. 2 rounds Phone interview and personal interview, once by Hr and once by departmental manager.

Training Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Makati City (Philippines)) in August 2016.

Interview

All open ended, unstructured interviews. “Tell me about yourself” even on the third interview. Mock Training presentation will be tasked for the applicant, they’ll give you about a week or so to prepare.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marble Arch, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Marble Arch, England).

Interview

I arrived at the store in perfect timing for my interview got picked up straight away from reception give or take 5mins and then taken to a room and offered water, i was then treated like a friend and felt comfortable from the start , i showed my cv and cirtificate and was asked a few questions i then got the chance myself to ask some questions and the process was over it took no more than 20-30 mins

Interview Questions

• Have you got any retail experiance   2 Answers

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Based on Values which is four eyes . Innovation, inspiration, in touch and integrity. Required examples where you have shown these values and what was the outcome. Keep it short so that you can cover every points.

Interview Questions

• Based on Values which is four eyes . Innovation, inspiration, in touch and integrity. Required examples where you have shown these values and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Bakery Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Ballymena, Northern Ireland) in August 2017.

Interview

2 hour long interview with 2 activities, the interview was quite difficult with a few complex questions but overall it was a good experience as I was offered the job

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in April 2010.

Interview

At first, applicants who met the minimum requirements were required to complete three online tests including verbal, numerical and logical tests. A phone interview would follow approximately after a week if the applicant passed the tests. The online tests were not difficult if you practice enough, the phone interview was general straight but the lady did ask a random question about my opinion about the quality of their men's wear products. I personally think that their men's wear products were old fashioned and ugly so I had never bought any and therefore I was not able to give an answer.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject in university   1 Answer
    • Do you think the quality of our men's wear products are as high as our home department products   1 Answer

decline