Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Jun 2018

2.6

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England).

Interview

Good experience and over all geed back on time
    Professional attitude and timely approach
    More competency based interviewing and analytical approach
    Though the process was long and time consuming but over all a positive experience

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

Submitted online, then after few days HR called for initial interview. If passed, 2 sets of exam then another wave of interviews by Department Manager and HR Manager. Process took almost 2 weeks and called them for follow up. Entry permits are processed personally instead of HR. Offer is stated during actual signing

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

After a phone interview I was invited to an interview in person where I needed to make a presentation. The interview went extremely well and the team was positive all along.

Over two weeks later, I had to chase for an update in their decision. I was rejected for not having experience with similar websites to M&S.

The frustrating parts of this process were:
    - My experience was already known and discussed over the phone, so I should have not been invited for the second phase.
    - This matter didn't come up in the interview in person - I had no chance to persuade the team to think differently.
    - The reason for rejection would be known straight away. There was no reason for the team to drag me along waiting for an update, nor to request that I sent my presentation so they could keep it.

M&S should be nicer to candidates by providing them with feedback in a timely manner. Most importantly, the initial interview phase should be more in-depth so that they don't make candidates that are not competitive enough go through hard process of creating a presentation and "wasting their time".

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

after completing an online test you'll be informed of whether you have proceeded to the next step which is an interview.
    You'll be taken to a room with whoever is processing the test with you, who will proceed by asking you basic, start off questions about yourself; such as your name, area you live...
    Then comes the interview questions..........

Interview Questions

• theres basically 2 batches of questions they will most probably ask (which I was asked atleast).
      a) why would you like to work at M&S? (in particular)
      b) why do you think its important to deliver good customer service?
      c) what are the affects of providing good customer service?
      d) how would you be an asset to M&S?

2. questions regarding the principles of M&S
      a) innovation
      b) inspiration
      c) integrity
      d) in touch
      you'll be asked to give examples of times where you demonstated these attributes. The interviewer will most likely pick 2 of these to question you on, assessing and taking note of the answers that you give. They literally have boxes they tick and different sections where they take notes.   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cambridge, East of England, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and had to go through a questionnaire and then a video based situational judgement exam. This took about 45 minutes to complete. I was then asked to select an interview time once this application had been reviewed.
    The interview was quite informal and also very easy. They asked basic questions and then there was a role play. I was given some materials to look over and ten minutes to prepare before the interviewer came back in. This felt like a lot of time. She then asked me questions and I had to offer the best products I could for her.
    I was then offered the job on the spot, but could not accept due to availability conflicts.

Category Forecast & Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was clear as this was described at the start of the interview. There were lots of questions, mainly competency and motivation-based but also 2 technical questions related to the job role. The competency-based questions are around M&S values.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is a hot peak during the month of March to ensure the performance of the salads and vegetables category?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Two parts to the interview process. Firstly, I was taken to the shop floor and told to ask customers whether they required assistance. They would observed how I interacted with the customers. Secondly, I had a competency-based interview which was quite simple and easy.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

First of all I had to complete an application online. Following this I was invited to complete a video interview which consisted of 6/7 questions about the scheme I had applied for, the company and general experience questions. The questions were asked before I was given 30 seconds to prepare an answer which I had a maximum of 2 minutes. After this, I attended an assessment centre which had 3 main parts; a presentation, interview and a group task.

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got invited for 1st round interview within a week. The process was straightforward. Couldn't make it to the second round but zero feedback was give. HR handling was poor.

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Online application, followed by a series of tests, followed by a video interview and then assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of a pre prepared presentation, an unseen case study, a group exercise and a 121 interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a LOT of competency questions. Make sure to have lots and lots of examples as some of mine crossed over.   Answer Question