Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated 7 Dec 2017

2.6

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

I applied online for customer assistant: beauty. I was sent an email saying i have to do an assessment which was made of 25 questions and then personality questionnaire. I passed them both so they then sent an email asking me to come in store for an interview. First, i was interviewed by the manager asking me basically general questions, followed by a role play which i had to do with one of the staff pretending to be the customer and myself staff working there while the manager took down notes of how i did. I passed both the interview and the role play and was offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions

• 1. How you got here today?
      2. Availability/ flexibility?
      3. Pass experiences?
      3. Why you want to work for M&S?
      4. Describe in your own words what is good customer service?
      5. Describe a time received good customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cheltenham, England).

Interview

I went into a room with a man who told me the position I was applying for had gone and there was only early mornings left which was annoying but we did the interview anyway. I also thought it was clothes but they only had food positions. Interview was basic questions and a scenario which was rather awkward but okay. But he kept leaving the room and leaving me for long periods of time, a rather scattered and messy interview. Wasn't a good interview.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Online application took a while and involved a personality gauge and then a screening test. Once passed I was asked to book a face to face assessment and interview (for the same day).
    Once I arrived I booked in at the customer service and was immediately taken by a member of staff to the assessment room. The assessment consisted of a role play where the member of staff is a customer looking for an item that isn't in stock and you are the assistant trying to help them. You are given a note pad and a brief of the situation and are given five minutes to memorise and determine what notes to write. It's easy. My first piece of advice is to ask exactly what the customer wants for example, size, colour and when they need it for before you 'go to check the stock room'. Then explain the item is out of stock politely and offer an alternative. Once an alternative was agreed I then made sure to talk about the sales that were on offer (given in the sheets of paper with the brief).
    So, remember to stand up, remember to smile, stand up straight, ask the customer what exactly they want, explain politely it isn't in stock, offer an alternative and mention sales!
    The second part consisted of an interview with a manager, where they will ask you basic interview questions as well as questions that revolve around their four Is code (look this up before the interview).
    Overall, despite making a few mistakes (my advice here comes from failure to do some of these), I enjoyed the experience and got an offer! Staff were very good, if you're nervous just relax, at the end of the day you'll never see these people of you don't get the offer so have fun!
    I will also add I have no experience in retail, so don't worry if you don't have any.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply to m and s?   1 Answer
    • What is customer service?   1 Answer
    • When did you inspire someone?   1 Answer

Christmas Temp Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied on line through their website. Spent over and hour and half completing the personality assessment and the video scenarios, submitted the application and all I got was a thank you. Didn't get an offer of an interview. Never got an email. Later that same day I checked online and the position I applied for was no longer advertised, on that basis I presume I didn't hear anything, didn't get an interview as the vacancy no longer existed,, almost two hours of my life I won't get back. If I apply for another post or store I have to do the whole process again.... doubt I will.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

An online application form is the first step, followed by a series of online questionnaires which test your ability to interact with the public in a supermarket setting.

Following successful completion of this stage, they invite you to an interview. This process involves a one on one Q and A session to find out more about you as a person, followed by a 'role play' session which tests your understanding of the job as a whole

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cafe Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grays, England

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Grays, England).

Interview

The online interview process was good and gave me an interview straight anyway. I did my interview, it’s just a normal interview and some scenarios at the end. They said I passed the interview and went to find a vaccine. Came back and said there was no vaccines left. Not to mention making me wait 30 mins twice. So I wasted 2 hours of my time.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay to interview someone without knowing there’s no jobs for this person   1 Answer

Buyer's Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England).

Interview

Came in and had a 45-60min long interview with the buyer. I had a friend who was already working at M&S in design, so she recommended me. Pretty standard interview- I met with two buyers looking for BAAs and just talked through my CV and what experience I had that was transferable.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had from my previous job at a magazine   1 Answer

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Boston, England).

Interview

Online assessment first which includes a three part assessment. If you pass this then you are invited for an Interview including a role play exercise. You are given information about the role play that you can study for 5 minutes first before it begins.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Chester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online questionnaire, was called into an interview. Interview was split into two stages- personal questions, and a roleplay. The interview questions were very random, but the roleplay was straightforward enough.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any M & S sandwich, which would you be?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you received bad customer service, your worst shopping experience.   Answer Question
    • If you were the employee, or the employee's manager, how would you handle the situation differently?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorking, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorking, England).

Interview

Questionnaires online before a face to face interview. Face to face interview with one person who then did a role play with me. General questions afterwards. Offered a job but it the one that I applied for