Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Jul 2018

2.6

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in September 2014.

Interview

2 stage process with 2 one hour interviews. First round with my manager, the second with more senior leaders. Questions were about experience and how you can add value. Nothing overly testing as retail sector is not difficult to grasp. Make sure you have visited a store prior to interview to understand what they are like. Maybe make a list of pros and cons about the store visited.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in June 2013.

Interview

I had a face to face interview then afterwards there was a practical interview on the shop floor - which involved packing customers bags, talking to the customers and askimg them questions.

Salesfloor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in April 2015.

Interview

Got through the online multiple choice questions then some animated video scenarios which took me quite a while. Then offered an interview slot the next week. Role play scenario to start the face to face interview with two coaches. Then given a sheet to write down what I thought went well and what I could have done better.
    Then asked some questions and was offered a job.

Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

completed an online application which took about 30-45mins, i was then offered an interview via email. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. when i arrived i was then told the job was for a place in the bakery and not the sales floor, even though this was not what i applied for i still completed a role-play, as i would not have to do this again if i re-applied to m&s elsewhere.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Preston, North West England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Online assessment initially, once passed then you have to book a face to face interview at your chosen branch where the job vacancy is.
    Be aware that the interview places book up extremely quickly !
    M&S do regularly post new vacancies on-line so keep an eye out for these - I saw my vacancy,went to book an interview & there were only 2 times left.
    Face to face interview for myself, was the questions first - based around the 4 i’s M&S use, so learn these from their website ; questions were relatively straightforward.
    Next I had the role play ; you are given a brief and 5 mins to prepare- again relatively straightforward- just read all of the brief - the answers are in there !
    Lasted about 10 mins max, my advice is to go with it and listen to the “customer”, which incidentally was a member of staff and overviewed by the interviewing manager.
    After a 10 min wait I was offered a role and discussed work shifts, availability etc.
    Overall a good relaxed process.

Interview Questions

• 4 questions based around the 4 i’s M&S use - you can find these on their website; they were also on a stand up display in the interview room.
      Make sure you prepare fully !
      Use their website and drop in the fact you’ve looked by using some relevant fact.
      I went to the store the day before my interview to make sure I knew where to report on the day and check out the store window displays etc....which I dropped into the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cardiff, Wales) in August 2017.

Interview

Questions about the company and personal qualities you have for the first part of the interview. Research about the 4 i's; innovation, inspiration, integrity and in-touch.

Second part was the role play section where they give you a scenario where something was out of stock and you have to try and help the customer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief online questionnaire - asking you what you'd do in certain situations - followed by a role play in store - you need to log in and book a time - be very quick and get the earliest you can as they fill roles on an ongoing basis.

Section Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in July 2013.

Interview

Made of 3 parts, role play, an analytical presentation and a competency based interview. The role play was a coaching exercise and was to do with how you would deal with an awkward employee who was older. The employee was refusing to work any extra hours and would only work on a particular department.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England).

Interview

Interview day at an office in central London. Was one of 8 candidates that day. Each asked to enter the room and a test was conducted (this role was Deli Counter so technical knowledge test here). then individual interview in front of a panel of 3 senior members of the business.

Interview Questions

• Experience in other retail outfits. Passion and desire seemed key traits   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

There were there were three exercises, an interview which explored my retail experience, an analytical exercise which looked at how I use commercial information and a coaching role play which looked at my management style.

Interview Questions

• How effectively do you think M&S business as a whole competes in the current retail market?   Answer Question