Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 Oct 2017

2.6

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England).

Interview

Interview day at an office in central London. Was one of 8 candidates that day. Each asked to enter the room and a test was conducted (this role was Deli Counter so technical knowledge test here). then individual interview in front of a panel of 3 senior members of the business.

Interview Questions

• Experience in other retail outfits. Passion and desire seemed key traits   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in August 2017.

Interview

Simple

On line introductory process, combining personality test and situational multiple choice. Have to book an interview slot once confirmed has passed. Need to act quickly as only limited number of slots. Interview the following day which consisted of a role play and a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions I was asked are covered really well on this site - based around M and S 4 I's. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Stratford, London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

After the online process they will invite you in for an interview. In the interview there will be a role play where you will help a customer. You will be given a few pages of products and information about the imaganiry company. the interviewer will ask they are looking for a product; this will be on one of the pages (beware it maybe out of stock). after this there is another process involving a one to one interview, dont forget the 4 Is of Marks and Spencers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you inspired someone?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewers and other staff were super friendly; the role play was based around a customer who required a butternut squash (which was out of stock) as her sister & boyfriend were coming into town. I then had a interview with a manager, which was entirely based on experiences (which didn't have to be work based). I was told I had passed the assessment

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online, and then there is an online test which you have to pass in order to book an interview. First there is a role play task followed by interview questions.

Customer Assistant - Cafe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Taunton, England) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an online application followed by a situational judgement test, look at their values and base your answers on that.
    The interview was very slick and friendly, greeted by two HR ladies and asked some basic questions about availability and previous skills. Then the manager of the Cafe came in and asked me more competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced great customer service?   1 Answer

Bakery Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Ballymena, Northern Ireland) in August 2017.

Interview

2 hour long interview with 2 activities, the interview was quite difficult with a few complex questions but overall it was a good experience as I was offered the job

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donaghadee, Northern Ireland

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Donaghadee, Northern Ireland) in August 2017.

Interview

First was an online test the usual most agree least agree type. After that was on line questions giving multi choice answers. If you pass those you get to pick an interview slot, then came face to face interview at store this lasted 2hrs 39 mins. First was a tour of store then a first interview followed by role play then second face to face interview. I was then told I had passed the process but as position I applied for had only one position and it had been filled. So they fill the post but continue to interview, tip choose first available date and time for interview.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role of a customer assistant role which entailed doing a role play as well as answering some questions. The role play was first and then followed by interview questions. The role play was conducted with the interviewer and was a stimulation of how a customer assistant is expected to act and what the role involves on a day to day basis.

They score the role play in points, so make sure they add up. But some tips would be to make sure you smile and greet the customer as well as wish them a fair well even though your are doing the role play with the interviewer. Make sure you act like you would if were working there already.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in August 2017.

Interview

After turning up, I was told there had been a miss-hap online and that the role I thought I'd applied for, was no longer available. So did the assessment anyway and passes, but was put on 'hold' for their own mistake online. Once on 'hold', you're up against everyone else on 'hold' scrapping for the same job. The recruitment process is not a simple matter of applying for a job, interviewing for it and then getting it. The whole notion of not really being sure of what you're applying for and then being left on 'hold' until you find something suitable, is really inefficient and totally wasted my time.
    The whole process is an absolute shambles, so went and got a job at Waitrose instead.