Marks & Spencer Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Jun 2018

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in June 2011.

Interview

met with a manager and was asked about experience and ask to talk about myself and asked what i believed I could bring to the company to enhance customer service. Quite informal process and lasted about 15 minutes, then they wrote to say that I had been accepted to join the company and welcomed to Marks and Spencer. Was also informed of how I could work my way up in the company .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got confirmation of an interview on the same day of applying. The interview consisted of a role play in which lead to a 1:1 interview with a manager if you were successful. Role play was fairly easy as you needed to be in character and make sure you, up-sell, give good alternatives to products that the customer (interviewer) wanted, make sure you approach the customer first, make sure you are confident and also promote any offers in store. The 1:1 interview was fairly easy with usual interview questions such as why do you want to work for us?

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

It includes practical examples faced during store operations, most of them situation based, we are expected to share all the learnings based upon 8 core compentencies and 5 KPI's.

Interview Questions

• some questions which we never faced practically is difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation required..

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2014.

Interview

They will give you a application form, resume is optional. After collecting the form, they will either interview you right away or tell you to go home and wait for their call. Also, try not to go with friends, they might not hire both you and your friends. Just be prepared as everything can go quite fast if they really need people to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question about you and the company, whether you are able to work in all departments and early shift which involve some stock keeping work. They might also require you to answer in Cantonese, Mandarin and English   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clonmel (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Clonmel (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

The phonecall was quiet enthusiastic as I was being told id gotten a position in Marks and Spencer's, the interviewer was so intimidating and made me feel as if I was doing so bad, left bad remarks as I was walking out the door so that really put me down,

Interview Questions

• What do you know about marks and Spencer's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Milton Keynes, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the interview and they had no idea who I was or that I was coming. I was told that the position had already been filled and that the only job they were hiring for was Cafe staff - agreed to interview for this instead and after 45 minutes he realised I couldn't work in the Cafe as an under 18 with no qualifications in food safety. Complete waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for an interview pretty much immediately. Really friendly staff, interview was more like a conversation. talked about myself, why I want to work there, past experiences. Then a simple role play between the customer and you the staff. offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cambridge, East of England, England) in July 2017.

Interview

A one to one interview with the manager, it was mostly about customer service and how I would approach dealing with certain situations, for instance rude customers, and how past influences and experiences in the work place have allowed for this.

Interview Questions

• 'Sell a large lunch to takeaway for a meeting'   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.