Marks & Spencer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Dec 2017

2.6

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Applied online and did a test which i was then immediately invited to an interview which you book online for a date/time that suits you. Interview was quite relaxed, few basic interview questions and then they gave you 5 minutes to look over some sheets of paper with products on to revise for the role play part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Brighton, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Basic information collected through an online form. Only giving you two options for last work.
    A fairly length quiz to determine if your feel it would be the correct job for you, which is fair enough.
    20 online questions role play need speakers on computer, and answer multiple choice.
    Then got automatically invited for interview. Booked all online. Taken into the managers office, went through questionnaire with her. They I was told I would be informed either way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Stratford, London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I passed the online assessment which included personality questions. I then had an interview the next week in store . Before I even had the interview and role play I was told that all the positions were taken for the job I applied for(Sales Assistant). They could have contacted me to say that there were no positions left. Instead I had a wasted journey and even though I went through the interview process they had already made their minds up. No wonder M&S is going downhill if they can't even get their communication right with a potential recruit. This has been a very disappointing and disheartening experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you inspired someone. (Look up the 4 i's)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Question air is a bit long but quiet easy. Online assessment. Trying to fill in words Trying to fill in words Trying to fill in words Trying to fill in words Trying to fill in words

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Chester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online questionnaire, was called into an interview. Interview was split into two stages- personal questions, and a roleplay. The interview questions were very random, but the roleplay was straightforward enough.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any M & S sandwich, which would you be?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you received bad customer service, your worst shopping experience.   Answer Question
    • If you were the employee, or the employee's manager, how would you handle the situation differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester, England) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a role play followed by interview questions. I was interviewed separately by two people. It was a genuinely friendly and warm experience. A highly recommended employer to work for.
    It has excellent benefits and training once you are employed.
    The colleagues all want to do the right thing and that is simply to help the customers.
    The customers are at the heart of everything.

Interview Questions

• How did you travel here today?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Very quick process. I applied online and was interviewed around 5 days later. I was interviewed by one of the store managers who was very friendly. She first asked me some general interview questions and made notes of my answers. She took me up to the shop floor to observe how I interacted with staff and customers. I approached different customers offering assistance and chatted briefly to any staff members I saw. I was then taken back to the interview room and was asked to fill out my details and my availability. I was then told that I had been successful. Overall the process took around 30 mins. Everyone was really friendly and the interview was relaxed so it was not at all intimidating.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in August 2017.

Interview

After turning up, I was told there had been a miss-hap online and that the role I thought I'd applied for, was no longer available. So did the assessment anyway and passes, but was put on 'hold' for their own mistake online. Once on 'hold', you're up against everyone else on 'hold' scrapping for the same job. The recruitment process is not a simple matter of applying for a job, interviewing for it and then getting it. The whole notion of not really being sure of what you're applying for and then being left on 'hold' until you find something suitable, is really inefficient and totally wasted my time.
    The whole process is an absolute shambles, so went and got a job at Waitrose instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I just finished my interview, well pretty much only got to the role play and didn't get through to the interview. It was quite scary but the overall staff were very kind and welcoming, just make sure to always have the customer in mind and ask if there's anything else that you could help them with afterwards. Also don't panic like me, because they can certainly tell. They did also give me great feedback and things that I did well and that I could improve on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Reading, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process was quit easy, but I have to wait for a long time for the branch to get back to me. They should try to keep to what they advertised online. but the role I applied for , was not the role offer to me at the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.