Marks & Spencer Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Jul 2018

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ashton-under-Lyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Ashton-under-Lyne, England) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial stage of interview is an online multiple choice questions and answers for the first half, same questions asked in different ways. This is followed on by a second half with various scenarios that would take place in a store again with a multiple choice questions and answers. The next part of the process is to go to the store for a two part interview which includes a 1 2 1 and a role play.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was why would you like to join Marks and Spencers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

Really friendly and laidback. Asked about 5 questions during the interview then had the roleplay section. Was asked how flexible I could be and at the end got to look through lots of different shifts to see which one would be best

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cheltenham, England).

Interview

I went into a room with a man who told me the position I was applying for had gone and there was only early mornings left which was annoying but we did the interview anyway. I also thought it was clothes but they only had food positions. Interview was basic questions and a scenario which was rather awkward but okay. But he kept leaving the room and leaving me for long periods of time, a rather scattered and messy interview. Wasn't a good interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2009.

Interview

Just fill in application form, inform of uniform and attandance, basic rules

Anonymous Employee in Clapham, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Clapham, London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

For me it was a role play helping a veggie customer buy an item but it was out of stock. It was suggesting an alternative in that situation and I then tried to cross sell a bottle of wine to them to go with the meal. I was then phoned by the store I was actually applying to work at and they interviewed me too but it was more like a "what hours would you do?" Informal interview. I have been told by colleagues that it differs between when you applied. Some people told me they got interviewed and did the role play at my store, some other people did what I did and had a separate role play and interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

i took an interview by Skype. and I spent 30 minutes to Interview. Questions were easy to ask. If you're preparing to get this position, you should prepare to ask against many questions that why should you work at Marks&Spencer. The most difficult thing is prove my experiences well. anyway, it was a good experience to me. Good luck!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Online video and then interview. The interview was very relaxed and comfortable, however apparently i wasn't empathetic enough in the role play and didn't warm up to the customer as necessary and for this reason failed the interview which i felt was a bit harsh

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Send in CV. Received phone call for interview. Emailed confirmation date. Interviewed by 2 people in store staff room. Lasted approximately 30 minutes before I asked any questions. Some questions answered immediately. Some were not.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

after completing an online test you'll be informed of whether you have proceeded to the next step which is an interview.
    You'll be taken to a room with whoever is processing the test with you, who will proceed by asking you basic, start off questions about yourself; such as your name, area you live...
    Then comes the interview questions..........

Interview Questions

• theres basically 2 batches of questions they will most probably ask (which I was asked atleast).
      a) why would you like to work at M&S? (in particular)
      b) why do you think its important to deliver good customer service?
      c) what are the affects of providing good customer service?
      d) how would you be an asset to M&S?

2. questions regarding the principles of M&S
      a) innovation
      b) inspiration
      c) integrity
      d) in touch
      you'll be asked to give examples of times where you demonstated these attributes. The interviewer will most likely pick 2 of these to question you on, assessing and taking note of the answers that you give. They literally have boxes they tick and different sections where they take notes.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.