Marks & Spencer Warehouse Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Oct 2017

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bolton, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online was very easy but so long winded, after passing the online application which was basically a job application and video sketches with what you would do in that situation. Was invited to a interview which was basic 121 with a store manager, went really well was given all the signs that I've got the job, was told that someone would call to say you've got the job. No one bothered to call! I rang 3 times between 3 weeks to a month and half later, was told after after my 3rd call that the job was no longer available. Felt totally disrespected and mislead as if I hadn't called no one would of bothered to contact me. Total waste of time and very unprofessional! Week after my last call i got a email saying congratulations your a perfect fit for the role and we'd love you as part of the M&S team but unfortunately we have no vacancies available.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, nothing you won't of heard before   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Anonymous Employee in London Colney, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London Colney, England) in September 2017.

Interview

There is a few tests to do online to assess your match with the company/role, and then you get invited to an interview. On the interview day you will have a small task to do, sorting products in date order or something similar (role play if you've applied to customer assistant). If you pass that, you will sit with someone from HR, speak about available hours and you are shown all vacancies so can actually change from what you originally applied for. You will then get a tour of the warehouse/shop floor depending what you've applied for, and then an interview with your line manager. However my tour was done by the section manager and therefore we were speaking throughout and she didn't require a further interview. You sit and fill out paper work, get your uniform with a week, started the job on monday, had two days of training with other newbies and love my job! Very understanding, flexible and appreciative company who appreciates everyone!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Ipswich, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Well I thought that I applied for Customer Assistant with more tham 30 hours/week and when I arrived there they told me that actually they have the warehouse operative with only 26 hours/ week. I was disappointed but I said I can go on to see how is an interview with them. They show me first the stock room and chiller and showed me how to arrange things after that we went to a tour in the shop and after that we came back to some old office ( I think) and they( I forogot to say that there where 2 people the manager and some coordonator or someting like that) put me to arrange some products how I think I should arrange them well you have to arrange after some criteria like date and if they have to stay in chilled place or not and after that they put me in 2 situation and answer to that. After I answered they said than they need a minute to score my answers and it turned that I arrnage the products well but I didn't answer well to the questions anyway I didn't want the job. I think that job is more more for men or women who can lift heavy things, I can not do that.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions were: If you just have a deivery and the manager call you to tell you that they need some help stocking up because it's really busy and in exactly in the same moment one of your collegues tell you that is some milk spilled all over. What are you doing?   1 Answer

Warehouse Operative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in July 2016.

Interview

I was took to an interview room and was asked to complete an activity where I had to sort out food items (strips of paper) into three 'stacks'. I was then given two scenarios, one was to either clean the shop floor or help unload a delivery and the second was to stay with a contractor (you're not allowed to leave them) or help a customer. I didn't pass this part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• A contractor is fixing some equipment on the shop floor and you're not allowed to leave them, a customer comes up to you and asks for help finding an item. There are no other staff in the store, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Castle Donington, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Castle Donington, England) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview was relatively quick. had to fill in a few details and do a timed test where we had to pick out some items based on a given list. wasn't too bad at all - they gave two tries. the overall experience was alright. did it in groups of 6 or 7 so no pressure either,

Anonymous Employee in Southport, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Southport, England) in November 2015.

Interview

as described by others, submitted an online application, heard back 3 days later to be invited in for an assessment, was asked typical interview questions that were nothing out of the ordinary. had to complete for organisation tasks. Was offered the job at the end of the interview and accepted there and then.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have worked as part of a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Donnington, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Castle Donnington, England) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a lot of paperwork to fill out involving things like employment history, uniform size, bank details etc. I had to complete a maths, English and product picking test, they were all fairly easy, you are timed but there is enough to double check the answers. The actual interview is quite short and not too formal, although the whole process took about two hours to complete. After that they will ask you to go back in for a drugs and alcohol test.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when you helped other people in a past job?   Answer Question

Warehouse Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in July 2015.

Interview

Everything went pretty smooth.
    Asked a few questions before the main interview with the dep manager.
    Role play where I had to choose in between cleaning the store floor of broken glass or empty a truck with goods where the driver had to leave immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cardiff, Wales) in May 2015.

Interview

Application online was very easy, it asks you some questions before putting in any information just to see if you would fit the criteria they are looking for, that was successful so had to book an interview and assessment

Interview Questions

• Scenario questionnaire, questions just to see if I would fit the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked if I had holiday boom, whether i could work Sundays, travel arragements to work etc.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.