Marlin Green Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marlin Green Interview Questions

Updated 3 Nov 2017

3.6

Office Manager/PA Interview

Application

I interviewed at Marlin Green in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty poor. They contacted me via LinkedIn to see if I would be interested in the new position, had an an initial telephone interview but wasn’t with who I was expecting. All seemed a bit rushed. Never heard anything back even after asking for feedback. Guys, you should make the time to respond to everyone you’ve interviewed with feedback, even if it’s generic. Interviewing is a tough enough process as it is!

Interview Questions

• Asked me to ask them about the role and culture rather than explaining it   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marlin Green (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process itself was very pleasant. I applied online and received a telephone interview a few days later. I was then invited into the offices for two further interviews (which is standard). In the end I actually went for three, as the two directors were unavailable during my second interview. All the employees I encountered were very friendly.

Unfortunately my experience with Marlin Green is primarily negative. After waiting for an outcome after the three interviews, they responded with a very flaky excuse about a lack of space in their new offices and said that they'd call back in a month with another decision. Of course, this never happened - I emailed as a follow-up which was also ignored. I felt this was in very poor form from the Marlin Green staff, as the travel for my interviews was expensive and I had invested a lot of time in them. It takes two minutes to send a rejection email, and they could not even afford an interviewee this.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about recruitment, a little about individual personality.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marlin Green (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

The first face to face interview I had was what you would typically expect; questions like my understanding and motivations towards being a recruitment consultant were asked. There were a few questions which caught me out e.g, why the IT sector in particular and would you be comfortable dealing with IT related information all day long? What do you think your weaknesses are? What are your fears working as a RC? It was my first interview for this job position so I struggled to prepare and answer these questions without shooting myself in the foot.

My advice: assure them that you selectively handpicked them out of many, and that they are the company for you. Don't make them feel like they are just a mere option if you are a graduate in particular. Know why you want to work for the industry, be confident and assertive. Just make sure you prepare well and really go for it in terms of showing them you have what it takes. If they ask you if you prefer face-to-face or telephone interactions, go with the phone as they deal with international clients/candidates and it's a job that involves cold-calling (excuse me if the answer is obvious).

The man who interviewed me was semi stern but was friendly at the same time. He didn't ask me about my interests or what I enjoyed doing in my spare time. There didn't seem to be any interest at all in terms of my social life or personality, which surprised me as I thought it would be an important factor towards the success of a recruitment consultant. He didn't seem too impressed that I was excited about the company incentives and culture too. The company seems more reserved compared to other companies I have interviewed for, so consider if your personality fits the company culture. Regardless, it was a positive and valuable experience, and it helped me prepare for my other interviews where I've managed to successfully secure a job with a company that values my personality and believes in my potential. Anyways, best of luck to anyone going in for an interview!

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on dealing with IT related content all day?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marlin Green (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely quick turn-around from initial phone call to meeting the business for a first and second time.

Welcoming Internal Recruiter at the time who described the position and business extremely well and made it practically impossible for me to be under-prepared for our meeting.

Once there the interview isn't easy, you're tested and probed around your background to make sure that you're the right fit for the business - the best advice I can give is turn this on it's head and do the same with the interviewers. You want to be leaving 100% sure you want the position and likewise they 100% want you!

Start date worked as quickly as possible, contract described and detail.

No qualms at all.

Interview Questions

• Huge variety of questions both looking at your background as well as personality/motivators. Impossible to prepare for this bar really looking at yourself and thinking about why Marlin Green are so successful at what they do.   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marlin Green (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 1 telephone and then two face to face interviews in the office in London, references were taken and checked before an offer was made, contract was sent out very quickly

Interview Questions

• what experience do have that you think is most relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.