Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Mars

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a campus interview. First round was GD and second round was Personal Interview. A very open interview where the interviewer wanted to know about me as a person. personality was assessed more than functional knowledge. The company believes in hiring people for who they are and not what they know.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to carry out the demanding role of a sales manager? How can we be sure that you will not give up half way through?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, nice guys we hit it off right away and I interviewed on campus the next day. Received offer after 3 weeks. Lost touch in between but was pleasantly surprised with generous offer after the third week.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Burr Ridge, IL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Good and easy very direct and they make you feel comfortable and share experiences. Two people interview you and give you time and respectfully give you a chance to ask to reread any question during the interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Pretty straightforward, behavioral questions and why want to work there. The employee doing the interview was very nice and didn't ask difficult questions. Great culture that be sure to emphasize in the interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Nashville, TN (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen with recruiter, then another with the hiring manager, then Skype interview with hiring manager and another team member. Mars is a really great company, the people I spoke with were all great, and I asked the interviewers for feedback on my qualifications at the end of my Skype interview and they had very helpful feedback. I am a little miffed because they ended up hiring an internal candidate, which seemed to be what they wanted in the first place given the state of the current project. I don't understand why they would get my hopes up and even interview external candidates when they had pretty much already decided their needs required an internal candidate. I would certainly apply to Mars again, and would love an opportunity to work there, I just wish they wouldn't waste the time of external candidates if they would rather hire internally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you are able to handle working on a team with people who you might not like   Answer Question

Interview

Provided a case study for me that I was to present in the interview - followed by several competency based questions. The case study is typical for any manager level or higher.

Inbound Logistic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN (US)).

Interview

I received a call from the hiring manager first for about 30 minutes for a phone interview. I was invited on site for 2 panels of interviews with 2 people per panel for an hour each panel.

Interview Questions

• General past work history questions and behavioral review.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Nashville, TN (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Took six weeks, three rounds (2 phone, 1 panel interview), still haven't heard a 'no', but a buddy who works there told me they went with someone else. Really uncool to hear nothing. Panel interviews were strangely stand-off-ish. Absolutely no effort to make a personal connection or even be mildly friendly or interested. They had my resume and two phone calls to weed me out, so not sure why they wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you ate it (made a big mistake)   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Recruiter called me and took some time to learn about my background. Kept me updated often throughout the process. Very pleasant experience with her.

I was then invited for an in person interview at the Chicago location. The interview questions were all scripted behavioral questions. Hiring managers seemed like they were just going through the motions and made me feel like I was wasting my time. I was convinced they already had already selected a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were told “it can’t be done” and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

It involves company values, personal values and overall business experience and background. It depends on the candidate and what they bring to the table. The ability to adapt to an always changing environment is key to succeed in any consumer good industry and company.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mars (West Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen 2 months after I applied online. This was followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and another technical manager from a different location, who called in to the meeting. The two interviewers alternated asking a series of questions (I believe around 20 questions total). Most questions focused on technical aspects of the job and problem solving skills. This was followed by a lab tour where I was able to meet other members of the team and ask questions without the hiring manager present.

Throughout the process everyone was incredibly approachable and friendly. Personally, I found it to be an ideal interview experience, where both sides were genuinely concerned about making sure the position was a good fit.

The whole process from the application to the start date took just under 4 months.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.