Marsh Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Marsh

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the HR team about a week later. Met with 3 different people for about a half hour each and ran through me resume, past experiences, etc. Everyone was extremely pleasant and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to get into the world of insurance?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marsh

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the period of more than 5 weeks. First I completed HireVue interview (8 questions), then I was called by HR and was asked to briefly describe my previous experience. Afterwards I completed Prove It! test to show my Excel skills (55 questions). Later I had an onsite interview with Sr. VP and MD in the office in LA, and another one with a Financial Analyst, also in LA. And the last phone interview was with a Financial Analyst from NY office. I really did not understand the purpose of this interview as the interviewer was neither a decision maker nor worked in the location which I applied to. It was a waste of time. I followed up one time with no answer. It seems that the company does not bother to give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple deadlines how are you going to handle this situation?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was pleasantly surprised when HR emailed me a few weeks later requesting a phone interview. After the interview, I was told that I would be contacted and advised if management wanted to meet with me or not. That was fair. I was contacted a week a later and asked to come into the LA office for an in-person interview. This lasted for about an hour and went well. I was told that I would be contacted in about 2 weeks for a second interview. I was contacted and spoke with 2 individuals at the second interview. This also went well. Everyone was personable and forthcoming about the work. I appreciated that as I was familiar with the tasks that they mentioned. About 2 weeks later, I received a call from HR offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• If you have multiple deadlines how are you going to handle this situation?     1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in October 2017.

Interview

Transferring from another MMC subsidiary. I applied online and the process took about 3 weeks. Very positive experience in all levels of interviewing, done mostly via web conferencing. Completed a ProveIt test to prove excel competency.

Interview Questions

• Give an example that proves your ability to work in a cross-team function.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Started with video interview then phone then in person interviews. I met with three different managers at the in person interview. The whole process was straightforward and the HR Rep was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Marsh?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with HR about 30 days from my application. Phone interview went well however I was under the assumption they did not pursue me any further as I did not hear back from them. About a month later they contacted me again to see if I am available, I said yes and they set up video conference a week later with the area manager. Another week passed and they set up another video conference with a more senior manager. It was a lengthy process and was wondering if I would ever get an in-person interview. I got great feedback from each interview so I was feeling confident. A few days passed and I didn't hear from them. I emailed, no response or feedback. I was thinking oh great probably another video conference. The next week I get an email stating they will not continue with my application anymore. In the end I'm glad I was able to do the video conference interviews from home as I would be pissed if they made me go to there office each time. But still disappointed that they wasted my time like this. The whole process took about 2 months!!

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face in your previous roles?
      Tell me about your background.
      What made you interested in this position?
      Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Informal half hour interview with hiring manager and trusted long term Dept manager. Covered reason why the role was vacant and what the role entailed, also what relevant experience I could bring.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience do you have?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.