Marsh Graduate Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Graduate Scheme Interview Questions

Interviews at Marsh

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application then a telephone interview. Pre-Telephone Interview difficult since it wasn't planned - therefore I wasn't prepared for the questions the interviewer asked. Interviewer very pleasant but difficult to convey your suitability when questions were only about the scheme itself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marsh

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of a number of different tasks. Firstly a basic questionnaire about my details, with a few questions on why I wanted to work for Marsh. Secondly an online interview in which I had to record myself answering questions within 30 seconds to a minute of hearing the question. There was then a series of psychometric tests I had to fill out online. Lastly there was an assessment day, which we had to prepare a presentation for, on one of 5 topics relating to the industry. On the day there was also a competency based interview, a group assessment, a written task relating to the assessment and a chance to meet the people who had been accepted onto the scheme the previous year.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent impact to the industry and how it affects Marsh   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a video interview followed by a numeracy and deductive reasoning test online. The culmination of the process was an assessment centre in London which lasted less than a day and included group work, a written task, a presentation and an interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was divided into 4 stages:

- Online CV upload

- Video Interview
    The video interview was largely strengths based personality questions. The questions were not too hard but just make sure you have the standard examples lined up to talk about at length. Doing a video interview was a tad strange at first.

- Deductive reasoning and numerical online tests
    The online test were probably the most challenging. I actually missed 1/3 of the questions as time ran out, but I still passed so I assume they expect you not to do so well due to the difficulty. The tests themselves were far more unique and interactive than other companies, which made them more interesting.

- Assessment Centre
    The assessment centre was a very pleasant experience. The HR staff and partners were all very welcoming and made sure not to feel intimidating. There were biscuits and refreshments throughout the whole day which was nice. There were 4 sections to the day; a group discussion with other applicants about a case in front of partners, an individual written answer to the case which has just been discussed, a personality based interview with the partners, and a presentation followed by questions on Marsh to the partners. The focus in all these tasks seemed to be assessing who you are as a person, but at the same time for the Marsh questions do make sure you are very prepared on the company and the insurance sector.

Interview Questions

• - Name a time you had to work with a colleague you didn't get along with? What did you do to resolve this?   1 Answer
    • - What do you think it the most important issue facing the insurance industry today? How can Marsh keep on top of this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

1) Upload CV (Very quick to do but didn't hear back for about 3 weeks)

2) Digital Interview. Standard competency questions.

3) SHL Online testing. These were pretty difficult, I didn't manage to finish all of the questions. They were interactive tests, so instead of just multiple choice or numerical answers, you were required to do calculations then move sliders on graphs and pie charts.

4) Assessment Centre:
    - Group task: Case study related to the industry. My group finished pretty much half way through the time so a lot of it was awkward padding. Helps to have a very wide knowledge of Marsh and the (many) business areas to keep the conversation going without repeating points. There was one assessor observing each person.

- Written task: Based on information from the group exercise. Just hand writing an email to a client to show how you'd handle a complaint.

- Lunch and a chance to talk to graduates currently on the scheme.

- 4 minute presentation followed by about 10 mins of questions. This was pre prepared and was meant to cover: Why Marsh; Why the industry; Knowledge of business areas. The invitation to the AC includes an explanation of all the business areas, but to be honest I couldn't make any sense of it. Google was not helpful either. I found out during the assessment centre that Marsh is a matrix where business areas are mostly separate and specialised, but they also overlap a lot. If you get this topic, good luck.

- Interview: some competency but also about your CV and experiences. Very laid back and both interviewers were very friendly.

Overall it was a well organised, relaxed day. Plenty of breaks between tasks to get refreshments and chat to the other candidates. The whole day seemed to be about them getting to know you and check your understanding about the industry and Marsh.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Marsh and what we do to a friend?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.