Marsh Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions

Interviews at Marsh

2.5

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Overland Park, KS (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call from the Talent Acquisition team in New York. After a couple rounds of phone tag, we finally got connected and the phone screening was quick and to the point. She immediately sat up a time for an in person interview. I received great communication from that point forward from everyone involved. It was an extremely comfortable interview where I felt I could really be myself and also clearly speak to her questions. I then had a Skype interview with the VP of HR, and again extremely comfortable. Great conversation, and I got a real feel for how HR is lead. I then had a phone call with another HR Generalist to really get a feel for what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress or conflict? How do I handle it and what are my communication strategies.   Answer Question
  • Why am I looking?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marsh

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

A day after I applied, I received an invitation to conduct a video interview. I completed the interview at my house using the platform HireVue.

Although I find it fascinating to see HR departments utilising digital technology and AI to assess candidates, I find that Marsh could be more mindful when evaluating candidates.

Personally, I did not feel considered as a human being during the process, but rather as a number. After the video interview, I did not receive any form of communication; not even an automated e-mail letting me know that I was not successful.

I believe that this is the risk of using automation and AI in processes that involve people. The implementors may forget that there are actual human beings behind the data they are collecting.

I hope that, in the future, Marsh Australia begins to incorporate human-centred design principles in their recruitment processes.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the role of HR in a multinational company?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.